Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:52   #11686
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Go dialer works but handcent doesn't support group sms. It asks for plugin installation but still doesn't work after that. I have made this the default message application.
Go SMS Pro supports group sms, though I have not used it yet. I have settled on this after trying handcent sms for a while apart from the stock messaging client.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:04   #11687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I was in the same boat and received defy+ yesterday from flipkart at 13K. Now struggling to setup a motoblur account.
I did the smart thing .

I handed the phone to the offspring and asked him to activate it for me. He replied in the negative when the setup asked for data plan. For now I do not need Motoblur and the phone is not asking me for it. I wonder if there is any advantage to this Motoblur nonsense.
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:11   #11688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
I did the smart thing .

I handed the phone to the offspring and asked him to activate it for me. He replied in the negative when the setup asked for data plan. For now I do not need Motoblur and the phone is not asking me for it. I wonder if there is any advantage to this Motoblur nonsense.
Thats a good news really. I am not sure what will I miss if motoblur is not setup.

The size of the phone looks to be just right to be held on palm without making a compromise on the screen size. Yet to explore it fully, but the touch is very smooth without any lag.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:14   #11689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar

Go SMS Pro supports group sms, though I have not used it yet. I have settled on this after trying handcent sms for a while apart from the stock messaging client.
Thanks I shall try that out and see.
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:21   #11690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I was in the same boat and received defy+ yesterday from flipkart at 13K. Now struggling to setup a motoblur account.
Pardon me but what's the struggle about? Its a simple sign on process. And while you may think it to be an inconvenience initially, its a safety feature. If you change your SIM (in the event that phone gets lost/stolen), MotoBLUR is what protects unauthorized usage. You can also control your phone online (SMS, Contacts, other data) by logging on to your account and remotely wiping the phone.

Of course if you choose to go the custom ROM way, you can bid farewell to MotoBLUR.
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:09   #11691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici

Thanks I shall try that out and see.
Go apps seem always to be a step ahead of popular specs.
Whatever grand specs you have on your phone, its never enough.
Instead of go, try pansi, handcent,chomp. Etc.
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:24   #11692
BANNED

Does anyone have any experience with LG Optimus Me P350
http://www.flipkart.com/lg-optimus-m...mczbrrnyeqqzuz

Good/Bad?
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:59   #11693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Hell, no!!! The thought of paying this kind of money for a phone will put me into deep depression. Even going above 5000 seems depressing but there doesn't seem to be any options below.
I can sympathise with that. It's just a phone, for goodness sake, and I don't even make/receive many calls.

The trouble is, it is not just a phone any longer: it is everything from a camera (Defy+: bad :( ) to a GPS to a remote control for my media player. Recently it has even replaced my alarm clock. So, now I don't carry a phone at all: I carry a pocket-sized computer ---which also makes phone calls!
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:11   #11694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Pardon me but what's the struggle about? Its a simple sign on process. And while you may think it to be an inconvenience initially, its a safety feature. If you change your SIM (in the event that phone gets lost/stolen), MotoBLUR is what protects unauthorized usage. You can also control your phone online (SMS, Contacts, other data) by logging on to your account and remotely wiping the phone.
Actually every time I try to create the account, it says that registration failed. I will try it once more again.

One question. Can I create a motoblur account even when no sim is inserted and I am my phone is connected to wifi? Sorry for the noob question.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:13   #11695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I am planning to use cyanogenmod 9.1.
Warning: I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone

If you want to use or using CyanogenMod or custom rom with ext4 internal partition, you should use cwm with ext4only
If you use stock rom or custom rom with rfs filesystem, you must use cwm with ext4+rfs

So use this - http://www.mediafire.com/?gekbj3ekkx2vle0

Flash it using Odin.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:21   #11696
BHPian

^^ Thanks a lot. Gonna download it right away.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:39   #11697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Pardon me but what's the struggle about? Its a simple sign on process. And while you may think it to be an inconvenience
Of course if you choose to go the custom ROM way, you can bid farewell to MotoBLUR.
Since you are apparently using a DEFY+ can you please tell me how to extract the MiniSd card that was shipped with the phone and insert a new one. I did download the user guide in pdf form from the MM website to see how to do this, but just can not dislodge sd card shipped with the phone from the slot it is inserted in. Any help will be most welcome.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 2nd October 2012 at 14:47.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:47   #11698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Go apps seem always to be a step ahead of popular specs.
Whatever grand specs you have on your phone, its never enough.
Instead of go, try pansi, handcent,chomp. Etc.
I think it's true for their dialer, contacts and launcher. But SMS pro doesnt seem to cause any problems. I have used it for quite a while on optimus one and Note and never found any lag/ resource hog. Handcent at times sent the message to wrong recipient when you hit reply ( and No I didn't send it by mistake), though this was not frequent and happened only from messages in private inbox.
Old 2nd October 2012, 14:55   #11699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
^^ Thanks a lot. Gonna download it right away.
Before flashing anything, read the entire 2 xda threads.

I might have missed something and don't want you to brick your phone.
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:19   #11700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Since you are apparently using a DEFY+ can you please tell me how to extract the MiniSd card that was shipped with the phone and insert a new one. I did download the user guide in pdf form from the MM website to see how to do this, but just can not dislodge sd card shipped with the phone from the slot it is inserted in. Any help will be most welcome.
The red flap has a hinge at the lower side and comes out at the upper side. See this video.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks