Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 23:27   #12406
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys is there any good free keyboard app? I'm finding my Xperia Tipo's keyboard a bit small. The text prediction is awesome though.
I just need bigger keys.
Old 10th November 2012, 23:57   #12407
Senior - BHPian

So glad to see more Micromax A110s on this site too now. The more popular it becomes, the more sooner we will get ROMs and other upgrades.

I've rooted my A110 today - I have posted the link to the method a few posts back. Worked like a charm - installed Titanium Backup and have also removed all unwanted apps. Moved stuff to the SD card.
Old 11th November 2012, 00:09   #12408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Bad app. My phone kept restarting after installing this app. Luckily un-installed the app before it rebooted again.

Phone: GNex 4.1.2 JB
That's strange. I've been using this app on my Neo V running 4.1.2 (CM10) without any problems.
Old 11th November 2012, 00:52   #12409
Senior - BHPian

Guys i need your help.
My Galaxy note is 4 months old and from today morning i have encountered a strange issue. Even when the charger is not connected, the battery keeps blinling and shows charging.

Battery status in settings show connected AC or USB, its driving me nuts. Read online, cleaned the usb port with a little alcohol and toothpick but didnt help, even did a factory reset - nothing.

Wary of giving the phone to svc centre but seems i have no other choice, very disappointed with Samsung, first mobile which has given me trouble so soon.
Old 11th November 2012, 01:34   #12410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Thanks lohith. Yeah all apps that worked in my Arc S are also working absolutely fine on this. Temple run, highway rider, whatsapp included.

Smart tools compass does not work as there is no magnetometer.

I picked it up for 10k.

Let us know your experience after you get yours.
If it does not have a magnetometer, the phone neither be good for navigation nor for using just the maps. The maps will just not orient themselves as you turn. You'll have to do a lot of figuring out. It just does not work esp. when you are in a vehicle and don't have the luxury of having extra time to figure things out. Experienced this myself when Sony's pathetic development team broke the magnetometer support (and a lot of other things) in their ICS update. A phone without a magnetometer sensor is like a very small piece of a paper map, save for location pinpointing (as long as it has GPS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys is there any good free keyboard app? I'm finding my Xperia Tipo's keyboard a bit small. The text prediction is awesome though.
I just need bigger keys.
Sony and awesome keyboard? I'll eat my hat. And maybe all my shoes too. The keyboard on my Xperia Ray is rotten practical joke. Just thinking about my 1st day on my Xperia still makes me feel like inflicting some injury on the dev(s) at Sony who created the that evil joke. At least thats how I felt about it on the Ray. I seriously doubt their ability to make Tipo's counterpart more usable. Just about any other alternative should be way better. Try Adaptxt. IIRC its free. Not sure about this one, but many keyboards will allow you to change the size of the buttons at least by increasing the height.

Last edited by Raccoon : 11th November 2012 at 01:43.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:07   #12411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007
Guys i need your help.
My Galaxy note is 4 months old and from today morning i have encountered a strange issue. Even when the charger is not connected, the battery keeps blinling and shows charging.

Battery status in settings show connected AC or USB, its driving me nuts. Read online, cleaned the usb port with a little alcohol and toothpick but didnt help, even did a factory reset - nothing.

Wary of giving the phone to svc centre but seems i have no other choice, very disappointed with Samsung, first mobile which has given me trouble so soon.
I had the same problem in my galaxy ace ~2 years back. Take it to Samsung service centre, they will replace the charging circuit.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:09   #12412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard
I just need bigger keys.
Try perfect keyboard. It allows you to change the key height etc.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:36   #12413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I just need bigger keys.
I'd suggest you buy SwiftKey. It is far superior to any stock keyboard and doesn't cost a bomb. For that value it adds to your smartphone experience, the cost is negligible.

I bought it for my phone and bought their tablet version as well, for my nexus 7. I I am typing this from n7 using that.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th November 2012 at 07:42.
Old 11th November 2012, 07:57   #12414
BHPian

Hi,

Need a little help. My gf is shifting from ios to android. She has the airtel iphone 4s special postpaid plan on her iphone. Will she be able to use this plan on her android device?
Old 11th November 2012, 09:39   #12415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please suggest whether samsung galaxy note 2 is a good buy?

My brother wants to buy a phone before diwali day please suggest asap.

What are options available in 30-40K range?
Hi

If Note2 is in his mind just go for it. I'm using Note for more than six months now and enjoy every bit of it.The new version is more handy too due to the screen ratio.
Only disadvantage would be once he is used to it, it would be difficult to use any other phone

From the start of the day - I read my news, catch on to videos, maps + navigation. Especially it is awesome with large screen while driving around.
The list is endless - just go for it.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:47   #12416
BHPian

Count me in as well! Bought it for Rs 9,700/- from the street yesterday. It is my first Android Phone, and +first Dual SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So glad to see more Micromax A110s on this site too now. The more popular it becomes, the more sooner we will get ROMs and other upgrades.
Old 11th November 2012, 11:54   #12417
Senior - BHPian

Anyone shopped from the amazon website? I am planning to order a cell phone, but am confused.

A quick search for galaxy s3 throws this results, the problem is, there are so many s3's with different pricing!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...Ck%3Agalaxy+s3

Opened a few and realized that they are 3rd part sellers, for instance- http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...ords=galaxy+s3

or

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-S3-GT-...ords=galaxy+s3

Doesn't amazon stock and sell the products? Any pointers would be helpful

I don't mind paying a few $ extra, but need a genuine product. Also, with Christmas coming up, does amazon run some deals where I can pick the phone for a lot cheaper ?
Old 11th November 2012, 13:15   #12418
BHPian

Hi guys !
Any news on the nexus 4? Will it launch here officially?
Iam currently using a Samsung note1 for about 6 months, and getting a little bored with it. Want some change, something fresh.

Cheers
Old 11th November 2012, 13:21   #12419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430
Hi guys !
Any news on the nexus 4? Will it launch here officially?
Iam currently using a Samsung note1 for about 6 months, and getting a little bored with it. Want some change, something fresh.

Cheers
Saw pre order on ebay for under 24k

You might want to check there.
Old 11th November 2012, 16:03   #12420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post

Doesn't amazon stock and sell the products? Any pointers would be helpful

I don't mind paying a few $ extra, but need a genuine product. Also, with Christmas coming up, does amazon run some deals where I can pick the phone for a lot cheaper ?
I am assuming your are buying in the US. Why not buy from your service provider under contract? You will get a device on subsidised rates that way, and you will get a device with LTE support!

If you still want to go ahead with international S3, then I believe you will have to check online stores like expansys. They are international distributors. Just check about the warranty though.

Also, just on a side note - why not a Nexus 4? Unbeatable value if you are in the US I believe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks