Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 16:36   #12316
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
He clicked on the reward coin purchase pop up button and which resulted deducting Rs.1300 from my credit card account.My hard luck, he clicked 3 times more. The total credit raised to Rs 5200. !!!!
Surprisingly, during the transaction process it never asked verification password..
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
As far as i know, you can cancel the play store transaction within 24hrs. ,
Hi

This post is a slight OT but related to your posts on play store purchase.
So far I've been downloading only the free apps & never gathered courage to buy with ccards.
Reason being - just before my first attempt in 'Play' store, I was reading the legal text (which are generally ignored by me & 'Agreed' to go ahead). There were statements in the terms to the effect that Google reserves the rights to reveal the details stored in its system with 3rd party vendors. Lack of safety has been prohibitive for me.

Earlier I used to have bb and happily shopped around with utmost safety. But somehow I'm not comfortable in Play environment.
As I've come across your posts, I'm sharing my perception. Am I the only one thinking so

(Or Did I not read the 'terms' well ?)
Old 6th November 2012, 17:14   #12317
Senior - BHPian

Is this a decent battery life by android standards on a 5.5 inch SAMOLED screen??

Name:  ForumRunner_20121106_171445.png
Views: 641
Size:  51.3 KB
Old 6th November 2012, 17:20   #12318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is this a decent battery life by android standards on a 5.5 inch SAMOLED screen??

Attachment 1011393
Wow, that is insane battery life! I have been so used to having 10 hours of battery life on the P500 that it is amazing that I am getting 28 hours or so of battery life on the Micromax A110.

What did you do to get this amazing life? Not use it at all?
Old 6th November 2012, 17:23   #12319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I use Apex. Fiddling around with the options almost daily. Heres what my home screen looks like right now.
Looks classy. What is the theme name ?
Old 6th November 2012, 17:48   #12320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels
O boy,that's great.I have a similar snap to post,albeit with a negative outlook.Mine is Samsung Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4.Another problem is that the phone hangs a lot after 4.0.4 update.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121106_174653.png
Views: 509
Size:  46.1 KB

Any help will be great.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:02   #12321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy
What did you do to get this amazing life? Not use it at all?
Lol. Not really! I don't use it much for voice calls tho'. Wifi with sync on 24x7.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121106_180228.png
Views: 688
Size:  79.6 KB

@bone: My battery life was even more awful until my phone was factory reset and i got rid of all unwanted apps. May be you should try that too!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 6th November 2012 at 18:05.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:22   #12322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lol. Not really! I don't use it much for voice calls tho'. Wifi with sync on 24x7.

@bone: My battery life was even more awful until my phone was factory reset and i got rid of all unwanted apps. May be you should try that too!
That is pretty good. Let's see how it does on 3G.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:33   #12323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

So that brings me to another question,will doing a factory reset delete all contacts?And if yes,how do I get them back?Will it restart with 4.0.4 or will it go back to my poor 2.3.3 GB?There are so many apps that I do use and as of now,I really have time crunch.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:42   #12324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So that brings me to another question,will doing a factory reset delete all contacts?And if yes,how do I get them back?Will it restart with 4.0.4 or will it go back to my poor 2.3.3 GB?There are so many apps that I do use and as of now,I really have time crunch.
It depends on whether you have stored your contacts on the phone or on your Google account.

Most Android users opt for Google account as their default memory location because of the sheer convenience of instant sync and anytime anywhere access. Even if you switch phones, your contacts are automatically displayed once the Google account is linked.

If you are planning to do a factory reset, first sync your contacts with the Google account and then back up SMS if required using SMS backup pro, call logs and apps using a similar app.

Then proceed to factory reset. Make sure you do not format your external memory unless required. Once done the phone will be restored to factory condition but with Android 4.04 running. Your firmware doesn't get affected by factory reset. Most of your problems will vanish.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:40   #12325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Looks classy. What is the theme name ?
Glad you liked it!
No theme as such, Apex launcher with custom icons - Small Whites by blackbearblanc. Heres one more -

Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 814
Size:  286.4 KB
Old 7th November 2012, 03:36   #12326
Senior - BHPian

In case anyone is interested - Poweramp is currently selling for Rs. 129. Thats around half the usual price. MDScan Mobile Doc Scanner is going for Rs. 50.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:30   #12327
BHPian

Quote:
O boy,that's great.I have a similar snap to post,albeit with a negative outlook.Mine is Samsung Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4.Another problem is that the phone hangs a lot after 4.0.4 update.

Any help will be great.
Hi.

Just curious, did that strange discharge happen when in switched off mode ?
Old 7th November 2012, 10:38   #12328
BHPian

Quote:

Any help will be great.
Your network signal doesn't seem to be stable enough. Probably that may be the cause. Just install CPU Spy and see if the "Deep Sleep" is going well.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:40   #12329
Senior - BHPian

Quick question from an Android noob, guys.

I want to buy a micro SD card for the Galaxy Note II. I have been recording and playing a lot of video in HD (I think it is 1080p recording) over the inbuilt memory of the phone. I am considering either a 32gb or 64gb card.

My question is, do I need to go for a class 6 or class 10 card to handle HD video read and write? Or will a normal class 4 do just fine? Also, I hope the Note II is compatible with these faster cards?
Old 7th November 2012, 14:02   #12330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Quick question from an Android noob, guys.

I want to buy a micro SD card for the Galaxy Note II. I have been recording and playing a lot of video in HD (I think it is 1080p recording) over the inbuilt memory of the phone. I am considering either a 32gb or 64gb card.

My question is, do I need to go for a class 6 or class 10 card to handle HD video read and write? Or will a normal class 4 do just fine? Also, I hope the Note II is compatible with these faster cards?
Go for a Class 10 without a doubt. Note II is compatible with Class 10.
Check flipkart for good offers on cards.

Last edited by abhibh : 7th November 2012 at 14:04.

Most Viewed