Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 11:38   #12376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
If that is the 32gb version with Sim, it is justifiable I guess. I got my 8gb version for 15k.

I just purchased swifkey tablet version. It is just getting downloaded as I painfully type this with default keyboard.. too difficult.

Edit- what a world of difference! I can now type just like I do with my phone equipped with SwiftKey!
Its for 16 GB without 3G. India is not going to get 32GB and 3G Nexus. Now beat that ! 20000/- for a tablet which costs $200 in US.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:43   #12377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its for 16 GB without 3G. India is not going to get 32GB and 3G Nexus. Now beat that ! 20000/- for a tablet which costs $200 in US.
I bought it from within India itself through HS18. They import it from US. Just had to pay 15K+ for 8 GB, I am satisfied with the overall experience. Wish it just had 16GB. I don't want 3G on it anyway.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:35   #12378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ICS is slowww in S3, for screen transitions, browser smoothness and all compared to my GNex.
Which Nexus do you have?

Quote:
I am however doubtful whether the Touchwiz equipped JB will perform as good as a stock JellyBean.
Browser benchmark is same on both ROMs stock and touchwiz. Touchwiz does not change browser performance.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:47   #12379
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here.

I am looking for 4 inch screen Android 4 running mobiles and shortlisted two of them
1)Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Though I am using two sim cards right now, but in furute I can go for that. One sim card running the Internet and another for calling purpose.
This is Single core 1Ghz processor with 768MB RAM
2) HTC Desire X
This is not a dual sim phone but the hardware is fantastic.
Comes with 1Ghz dualcore with 768MB RAM

So guys pls help me to chose the best of them.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:50   #12380
BHPian

I am looking for 4 inch screen Android 4 running mobiles and shortlisted two of them
1)Samsung Galaxy S Duos
Though I am using two sim cards right now, but in furute I can go for that. One sim card running the Internet and another for calling purpose.
This is Single core 1Ghz processor with 768MB RAM
2) HTC Desire X
This is not a dual sim phone but the hardware is fantastic.
Comes with 1Ghz dualcore with 768MB RAM

So guys pls help me to chose the best of them.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:16   #12381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The google branded Nexus 4 is indeed from LG.
http://asia.cnet.com/product/lg-goog...4-46728406.htm
Yes you are right. Thanks for correcting. So Nexus4 has LG branding but I dont know if that is a bad thing. I'd be happy to buy it if LG launches it here in India at the same price as in US. It is available on ebay with some US based resellers but at a premium.
Old 9th November 2012, 15:52   #12382
Senior - BHPian

Looking for some inputs/experience on Karbon/Micromax mobiles? am considering either Karbon A21 or Micromax Canvas 2 A110 or A90S

lookforward for some helpful suggestion
Old 9th November 2012, 17:10   #12383
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used whatsapp plus? It seems there are lot of nice features which help to transfer bigger size pics and files over it. However i am unable to download it via my phone, each time all the links point to a paid site and the free download never begins.

Tried the XDA link as well, but nope.
Old 9th November 2012, 17:41   #12384
BHPian

Came from Apple family to Samsung S3. Pretty new to Android. Before I jump into flashing and rooting, need a help. Got a marble white S3, damn in need of a case. Which is the best ?
Old 9th November 2012, 17:53   #12385
Oxy
BHPian

Flipkart now has the Moto Atrix 2 available for 18k, with a free HDMI cable thrown in. Does it make any sense to buy this? It's fantastic value for money no doubt, but my only concern is availability of spares in case something goes wrong.

I am not really interested in the SGS Advance (the popular alternative to the Atrix 2). It was promised ICS update but never received it, now they are promising JB update directly but I very much doubt that would happen as well. If I have to live with GB knowing that I can't get any update ever, I would rather get myself a Tipo or a Micromax A110 with ICS out of the box. Heck, I'll even prefer living with an HTC Explorer. Why would anyone spend 19k on a GB device which neither has any xda support nor is going to receive any realistic update?

Also, can owners of the A110 share some feedback about the call quality and network reception? Also, does it make sense to spend an extra 3k to get the A90S or the Lenovo P700i? I have generally heard good feedback about the A110 except that the back cover is flimsy and loose.
Old 9th November 2012, 20:42   #12386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h

Hi.

Just curious, did that strange discharge happen when in switched off mode ?
As I had said,my phone hangs a lot these days and then it restarts,that sudden spike of power loss is of that moment only.This happened today also,have attached the screenshots of today's outage.Do I need a new battery or some crazy stuff to do with my phone?

Name:  ForumRunner_20121109_203730.png
Views: 412
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121109_203749.png
Views: 402
Size:  47.8 KB
Old 9th November 2012, 20:47   #12387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Looking for some inputs/experience on Karbon/Micromax mobiles? am considering either Karbon A21 or Micromax Canvas 2 A110 or A90S

lookforward for some helpful suggestion
Why not post up on the Android thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...apps-mods.html
Old 9th November 2012, 21:32   #12388
BHPian

Anyone found a good deal for Nexus 4? The best I can find is 21k for the 8gb version which I find pretty high considering it costs just $299 in US.
Old 9th November 2012, 22:02   #12389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Which Nexus do you have?

Browser benchmark is same on both ROMs stock and touchwiz. Touchwiz does not change browser performance.
The galaxy nexus running jellybean.

As for the browser performance, it is the Os version that makes a difference then. Same browser (dolphin) is performing better (read more smooth scrolling and pinch zoom) in galaxy nexus than a friend's S3 I saw, and also my brother's HTC One X. The difference is so evident.
Old 9th November 2012, 22:06   #12390
BHPian

Quote:
The galaxy nexus running jellybean.

As for the browser performance, it is the Os version that makes a difference then. Same browser (dolphin) is performing better (read more smooth scrolling and pinch zoom) in galaxy nexus than a friend's S3 I saw, and also my brother's HTC One X. The difference is so evident.
it's Jelly Bean at work. It makes a whole lot of difference to the overall smoothness of the phone. I also flashed my wife's Dell XCD35 with JB and it's working butter smooth, way better than GB based CM7.2 it was running earlier. Not to mention the extra features that come with JB which add lot of value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks