Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2012, 16:47   #12481
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Whats it,some app or something?Where do I get battery stats from?I'm running stock ICS 4.0.4 Will factory reset help?
Its an application, Better Battery Stats is the name Its not free, but you can get for free from XDA.
Old 13th November 2012, 16:48   #12482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yes this is a samsung maintained firmware. This is a YAKJUXW.
After enlightening myself on the different builds of Gnex (from xda) I have one question -

My status: I am on yakjuxw 4.1.1 now. Want to switch to yakju (JZO54K). I already have an unlocked boot-loader.

Question: Is flashing the boot-loader from the yakju 4.1.2 factory image a mandatory step? Or can I just go ahead and flash the system alone, keeping my /data intact?
Old 13th November 2012, 16:57   #12483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
After enlightening myself on the different builds of Gnex (from xda) I have one question -

My status: I am on yakjuxw 4.1.1 now. Want to switch to yakju (JZO54K). I already have an unlocked boot-loader.

Question: Is flashing the boot-loader from the yakju 4.1.2 factory image a mandatory step? Or can I just go ahead and flash the system alone, keeping my /data intact?
I am not sure bro. :(
Old 13th November 2012, 16:59   #12484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure bro. :(
No worries Asked it on xda already! I may get an answer which asks me to read the whole damn thing!
Old 13th November 2012, 17:56   #12485
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife's SGS3 updated very recently with the JB leak (26/10/12 kernel date, ver 4.1.1) has been acting rather funny. The phone is not rooted.

Random freezes, sometimes with the display not switching off. Is anybody facing these kind of issues? I may go back to ICS as it was far more stable.
Old 13th November 2012, 18:18   #12486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
My wife's SGS3 updated very recently with the JB leak (26/10/12 kernel date, ver 4.1.1) has been acting rather funny. The phone is not rooted.

Random freezes, sometimes with the display not switching off. Is anybody facing these kind of issues? I may go back to ICS as it was far more stable.
No issues with JB on GNex.
Is this the official Samsung version ?
Old 13th November 2012, 19:02   #12487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No issues with JB on GNex.
Is this the official Samsung version ?
Yup it is the Samsung version. The next time it hangs I will try and do a reset and if the issue persists it is back to ICS. My wife was horrified and she told me her Nokia E72 was more stable compared to this 'latest tech android phone' which was 'useless'. That was telling as I know that Symbian is anything but stable.
Old 13th November 2012, 19:09   #12488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Yup it is the Samsung version. The next time it hangs I will try and do a reset and if the issue persists it is back to ICS. My wife was horrified and she told me her Nokia E72 was more stable compared to this 'latest tech android phone' which was 'useless'. That was telling as I know that Symbian is anything but stable.
OTA from samsung have always been buggy.

Go to samfirmware.com and download the latest firmware and flash it thru ODIN.
Old 13th November 2012, 19:22   #12489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OTA from samsung have always been buggy.

Go to samfirmware.com and download the latest firmware and flash it thru ODIN.
Believe it or not, it's the latest release downloaded just a few days ago from sammobile.com. It's the official update for India.

Which is what brings me to what I strongly believe in. I'll always take a stable usable ROM rather than the latest greatest with bugs. My phone(s) needs to be rock stable. Unfortunately JB on SGS3 doesn't make the cut from what I have seen so far. My Note 2 with JB 4.1.1 on the other hand is stable. It hasn't been rebooted for up to week & there are no issues whatsoever.
Old 13th November 2012, 20:09   #12490
Senior - BHPian

Do you wanna try some other stable version released for other countries ? S3 sold in INDIA is the same as the S3 sold internationally (except USA) right ?
Old 13th November 2012, 20:31   #12491
Distinguished - BHPian

I changed my plan from 2g to 3g yesterday on my galaxy s. And I noticed that battery is getting drained out way to fast !!! Before it used to last 15 hours on full charge. But now it does not even make 12 hours. That too with browsing for only one hour ! Is something wrong with my phone or should I enable some setting to increase battery life?!

Also every half hour or so I get a small status at bottom of screen which says "refreshing sim data"and the 3g symbol goes off for around ten seconds and comes back! This started happening only after changing to 3g .

Any solutions friends?
Old 13th November 2012, 20:41   #12492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I changed my plan from 2g to 3g yesterday on my galaxy s. And I noticed that battery is getting drained out way to fast !!! Before it used to last 15 hours on full charge. But now it does not even make 12 hours. That too with browsing for only one hour ! Is something wrong with my phone or should I enable some setting to increase battery life?!

Also every half hour or so I get a small status at bottom of screen which says "refreshing sim data"and the 3g symbol goes off for around ten seconds and comes back! This started happening only after changing to 3g .

Any solutions friends?
Battery back up on 3G will be less compared to 2G. This is on the expected lines. Dont worry. Only option is to connect to 3G only when needed which takes out the fun of 3G IMHO.

I used to get this error when I was on roaming. Never got it in my home circle. Only option is to remove the SIM, insert it back and start the phone. Sometimes going to airplane mode and coming out also solves the problem.
Old 13th November 2012, 20:52   #12493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you wanna try some other stable version released for other countries ? S3 sold in INDIA is the same as the S3 sold internationally (except USA) right ?
Nopes..that GS3 is out of bounds for experiments. The wife is rather touchy about it. I'd rather go back to ICS 404 which was stable.
Old 13th November 2012, 20:56   #12494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Battery back up on 3G will be less compared to 2G. This is on the expected lines. Dont worry. Only option is to connect to 3G only when needed which takes out the fun of 3G IMHO.

I used to get this error when I was on roaming. Never got it in my home circle. Only option is to remove the SIM, insert it back and start the phone. Sometimes going to airplane mode and coming out also solves the problem.
But the battery life has become way too less. Even when I am not browsing the charge keeps dropping at steady pace .today morning I unplugged charger at 6 and its completely dead by 5pm . Calls some 30 mins and browsing some one hour . Rest all idle time.
Old 13th November 2012, 21:06   #12495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

I would humbly and completely disagree.

The wife has postponed the S3 purchase (till the nexus 4 comes out and has no niggles) simply because the Defy was downgraded from JB to GB and its flying again

of course, all of these are custom ROMs. Ideally, the nexus experience would be much better, but IMHO, the JB experience is smooth but not out of this world. That said, i agree with you that any new high end phone should come with JB or have a confirmed upgrade path - that is a reasonable expectation anyways.
I'm one of those who bought a Defy purely for JB and I was most disappointed hence. While it was smooth and all, it wasn't definitely fit as a daily rom. I faced battery drains and intermittent data issues too. I finally moved to MIUI GB rom and it's the best I've experienced till date.

Defy owners need to experience it to know the true potential of their phone. I for one have really not felt the need for ICS or JB. This rom is so good, intuitive and stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb
Android 4.2 update is rolling out for the samsung galaxy nexus....

Guys with the Gnex, do check it out.
Not yet received.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Any solutions friends?
My Motorola Defy lasts a full 24 hrs and more on 2G while it runs out in 12-15 hours on 3G

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks