Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2012, 17:51   #10816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Dont worry about that. In case you have to take your phone to service center you can simply unroot it by flashing the correct sbf file using the Motorola RDSLite software.
Not as simple as that, my friend. The bootloader unlock procedure is such that they know from your imei that you've done it. And the warranty is gone. After that, whether you are rooted or not does not matter.
Old 20th August 2012, 18:03   #10817
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Honestly, I don't know anything about this 'yakju/takju/etc' codenames. All I can tell you is that I bought a G-Nexus from Play Store in the US. As soon as I popped in my Vodafone SIM in Mumbai and switched it on, it told me that JB update is available.

If you can tell me where to check these codenames, I can get back to you with details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Talked to the seller before buying , told me that within a years time they do any kind of servicing , replacement of defective parts if any. Maybe you can drop in/call and check with them. they are present in almost all major cities.

Now comes the hard part, dunno for some reason the seller has mentioned the phone is not up-gradable to JB on their ebay page. Dunno why is that.

I know that there are 3 different builds for the G-Nexus i.e. yakju , takju (both get official updates from google) & non-yakju (Samsung pushes the update after delay)

Can G-Nexus users shed more info on this?
Please check the link below for answers.
[GUIDE] Galaxy Nexus Firmware Guide: Variations, Who Updates What, etc. - xda-developers

yakju and takju builds are directly updated by google. yakjuXX builds get updates from samsung (read late).

yakjuxx phones can be converted to yakju byflashing factory images from google. They can be found here
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
Old 20th August 2012, 18:54   #10818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just checked that website. There is a clear disclaimer they will void the warranty if you proceed. And as for rooting, you can unroot na? But I'm not sure if you can re-lock the bootloader?
HTC is categorical. Re-locking does NOT restore warranty. Beats me. But I am honestly too fed up with their craptastic softwares to give a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Dont worry about that. In case you have to take your phone to service center you can simply unroot it by flashing the correct sbf file using the Motorola RDSLite software.
Sirjee - it does NOT tamper with the bootloader please check again. If flashing could change bootloader, we all would have done so eons back.
Old 20th August 2012, 19:39   #10819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Not as simple as that, my friend. The bootloader unlock procedure is such that they know from your imei that you've done it. And the warranty is gone. After that, whether you are rooted or not does not matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sirjee - it does NOT tamper with the bootloader please check again. If flashing could change bootloader, we all would have done so eons back.

Sorry guys. My apologies for lack of understanding. I always thought that re flashing the correct sbf file would set the phone back to its stock mode and they would live happily ever after.

Once again apologies.

@ Nishant; as i said, phamilyman is the MAN. best is to post here than PM; you will surely find the correct answers.
Old 20th August 2012, 19:43   #10820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Nishant; as i said, phamilyman is the MAN. best is to post here than PM; you will surely find the correct answers.
Already in touch with him over phone!
Old 21st August 2012, 09:02   #10821
BHPian

Quote:
I bought my Defy+ from Infibeam for 2 reasons:
1. Best price amongst all online and offline stores
2. Good reviews about fast and efficient delivery. Also, they have a 30 day replacement warranty in case you receive a defective handset

However, I was let down by them on the delivery timeline. I ordered on Sat and was expecting it to be delivered by Tuesday/Wednesday. But they shipped it out only on Thursday and hence it reached me on Friday. So thats like 1 week. So if time ain't of essence, I would recommend IB. Btw, in my case, I was told it will be shipped from Mahipalpur, Delhi NCR. So I dont' think Ahd'bd would be in the equation in your case.

Really? Surprising that they launched such an epic phone without any fanfare/full page ad/celebrity endorsement etc. Esp because we are talking Samsung here, who ropes in Nargis Fakhri for S3 launch!
Couple of my friends went to a store and saw it their, but later when someone else who was interested in buying it showed up they didn't have it. I will check it out on the weekend and keep you guys posted. I will go the same store where it was spotted..

A guy in office put a pattern lock on his HTC x one and forgot what it was. I did a factory reset helped him back on his phone. What surprised me was the ease in which you could do the factory reset.

Last edited by twinblades : 21st August 2012 at 09:05. Reason: something came up
Old 21st August 2012, 09:29   #10822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Couple of my friends went to a store and saw it their, but later when someone else who was interested in buying it showed up they didn't have it. I will check it out on the weekend and keep you guys posted. I will go the same store where it was spotted..
Was it a Samsung official store or a generic all-brand mobile phone shop?
Quote:
A guy in office put a pattern lock on his HTC x one and forgot what it was. I did a factory reset helped him back on his phone. What surprised me was the ease in which you could do the factory reset.
How could you enter the Settings menu without unlocking the screen? Did it not ask for ANY password/security/PIN etc when the pattern failed? Hard to believe that it directly took you to factory reset option!
Old 21st August 2012, 09:43   #10823
BHPian

Quote:
Was it a Samsung official store or a generic all-brand mobile phone shop?

How could you enter the Settings menu without unlocking the screen? Did it not ask for ANY password/security/PIN etc when the pattern failed? Hard to believe that it directly took you to factory reset option!
Both were Samsung shops. So I am going to the check the one which had it for display.

i checked online for a solutions. I tried it thinking it was too easy and it worked.
Hold the power button down for restarting the phone. when the phone shuts down hold power and Volume down button and you enter the DOS kinda of recovery console. Select factory reset option using volume control to toggle and then use power button to make the selection. It was done it a few minutes.

Last edited by twinblades : 21st August 2012 at 09:44. Reason: Minor correction
Old 21st August 2012, 10:19   #10824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both were Samsung shops. So I am going to the check the one which had it for display.

i checked online for a solutions. I tried it thinking it was too easy and it worked.
Hold the power button down for restarting the phone. when the phone shuts down hold power and Volume down button and you enter the DOS kinda of recovery console. Select factory reset option using volume control to toggle and then use power button to make the selection. It was done it a few minutes.
So basically you entered the phones recovery mode and did a full factory / data wipe? in this event did the phone erase all data and applications too? or was it just a way to reset the lock issue?
Old 21st August 2012, 10:42   #10825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

So basically you entered the phones recovery mode and did a full factory / data wipe? in this event did the phone erase all data and applications too? or was it just a way to reset the lock issue?
It erases all the stored settings and apps on the phone without manhandling the user data like gallery, music etc. All the user installed apps are however deleted.

I know only about Samsung phones, however, and am not sure if its the same for HTC.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:04   #10826
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the budget and the Advance query i posted for a friend now has shifted to Sony Xperia S, thats the only handset she wants to buy, confirmed now.
So whats the best deal i can get this handset for in online buying and how much would be at the store,if anyone does have a link for Online shopping please do share it.Havent brought any mobiles thru online yet so do help.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:15   #10827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Guys, the budget and the Advance query i posted for a friend now has shifted to Sony Xperia S, thats the only handset she wants to buy, confirmed now.
So whats the best deal i can get this handset for in online buying and how much would be at the store,if anyone does have a link for Online shopping please do share it.Havent brought any mobiles thru online yet so do help.
Hello,

Xperia S is a good phone.

you can check out Flipkart or Infibeam etc for the deals.

Sony Xperia S: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

You can also check out J Kumar stores opp Municipal market on CG road or SPICE Mobile in Dev Arc Mall on SG. They do have some deals going on time to time.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:38   #10828
BHPian

Hi Guru's

all i wanted to know how would be the phone Vodafone Smart Tab 7.
i need to know the reliability, price i am getting it for a good deal in Europe.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:51   #10829
Senior - BHPian

How is the Karbon Smart Tab? It is priced at 6990 @ Ezone, Chennai. Any pointers on screen resolution etc - I'm looking at using it for Emails and Excel sheets apart from some movies on the move!
Old 21st August 2012, 19:12   #10830
BHPian

Quote:

It took me good 2 months since i bought the defy+ and endless pm's and posts to vw2010, SUN, Bhpmaniac,phamiilyman etc before i took the plunge
Hey Harshal

Sent u a PM regarding the defy+.

Please reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks