Old 14th August 2012, 19:50   #10711
Senior - BHPian

Nexus is apparently going for about 25k
Old 14th August 2012, 20:10   #10712
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Think about it. Moto is like the Fiat of phones - they refuse to die, and most of us love to bash them/their service without owning one.
I have been a Motorola guy ALL my life. My first phone was a Motorola StarTAC my brother brought home from the US - that was back when I was in college and calls cost ~Rs.7 a minute IIRC! I currently own a Motorola Defy. There's one thing to be said about ALL the motorola phones I have owned over the years (including the original RAZR (non-android), the SLVR, the original Milestone (international Droid)) -- Motorola does get the engineering right, bang-on. I have never had to think about things like call quality, call drop, build quality, or things like touchscreen responsiveness, noise cancellation etc. I have never had to visit a Motorola service center in India. Across owning 6 Moto phones over the years, I have never faced a single issue. So is that just plain luck? I don't think so, because I am a pretty unlucky guy.

In fact, the only thing I have come across over all these years where I have found people not satisfied with a Motorola was when they had a manufacturing defect for the original Defy earpiece. I myself did not have that problem. And they are sloppy with Android updates, I'll be the first to admit that. Otherwise, I can vouch for Motorola. I'm gonna be a loyal buyer as long as they churn out phones from their factories.
Old 14th August 2012, 20:25   #10713
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have a strange issue, though it really is not meant for this thread.

I am unable to access sonymobile.com in my desktop. My residence has an Airtel broadband. Even my office has an Airtel broadband and even there I am unable to access the said website. It says "server not found". Not only that, I wanted to update Sony PC companion, even that was not working. I have tried with Firefox, Chrome and even IE, but to no avail.

All the other sites are working normally. I went to a friend's place who uses a local LAN and in his place, the website did work. What could be the issue?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th August 2012 at 20:32.
Old 14th August 2012, 20:27   #10714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I have a strange issue, though it really is not meant for this thread.

I am unable to access sonymobile.com in my desktop. My residence has an Airtel broadband. Even my office has an Airtel broadband and even there I am unable to access the said website. It says "server not found". Not only that, I wanted to update Sony PC companion, even that was not working. I have tried with Firefox, Chrome and even IE, but to no avail.

All the other sites are working normally. I went to a friend's place who used a local LAN and in his place, the website did work. What could be the issue?
It works fine on airtel broadband. Did you try google DNS as backup?
Old 14th August 2012, 21:39   #10715
BHPian

Guys,

I Really need a stable, minimal, fast launcher & dialer combo for my streak.
My trusty Go launcher+dialer are creating a mess for past two weeks!
I am expecting a few important calls soon!
I really dont want my phone to goof it up - due to FCing Launcher&dialer.

I am on DSC 1.3 (Custom ROM from xda - based on 2.3.3 )
Rest all apps run fine.
It just goes so nuts with the Go Dialer/Launcher screens! :grrrr:

Thank you folks!

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 14th August 2012 at 21:41.
Old 14th August 2012, 22:00   #10716
Senior - BHPian

For ICS ROMs, how are you guys managing the contact list? I upgraded the ROM on my P500 to CM9 and once I logged in with my google account, it downloaded all the unwanted contacts and etc. So bugging! So what I did was I had a contact list file (.vcf) and installed all the contacts from there. But still no way to show only those contacts. Bugging. Finally, I had to remove all contacts from contacts.google.com and then I could view contacts from only the .vcf file. Did you guys have any other way to do this?
Old 14th August 2012, 22:04   #10717
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone using Droid RAZR (XT910)? Quite impressed by its specs,looks and the price. Wanted to know feedback from real users... Should I get one?
Old 14th August 2012, 22:33   #10718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Full phone specifications)

What is the Street price from gray market? To me it seems an ideal phone because of decent hardware and unmolested Android build.
You get it for 25k in the grey in Bombay, which ofcourse means no samsung/google warranty.
Old 14th August 2012, 22:46   #10719
BANNED

Ear volume adjustment changes Ring volume??

I have been facing a problem with my note right from the day i bought it.when speaking over to someone ,if i adjust the ear volume even the ring volume is getting adjusted along with it.is this problem noted by others too?? is there a solution to this ?
Old 14th August 2012, 23:09   #10720
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ear volume adjustment changes Ring volume??

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Guys, anyone using Droid RAZR (XT910)? Quite impressed by its specs,looks and the price. Wanted to know feedback from real users... Should I get one?
I've heard only good things about it so far, but price/performance may depend on your comparison with GNexus and SGS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I have been facing a problem with my note right from the day i bought it.when speaking over to someone ,if i adjust the ear volume even the ring volume is getting adjusted along with it.is this problem noted by others too?? is there a solution to this ?
uh, try installing QUick settings. It has different settings for each type of volume. YMMV ofc.
Old 14th August 2012, 23:51   #10721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Trust me on this one - buy the iPad2 than the Tab2. Its much more value man. There's a reason iPad RULES the high end tablet market (excluding the $200 price point)
But... Buying an Apple device means buying a way of life. No thanks!

When one can just plug a USB cable into it, and do all the stuff that we do with all the other things we just plug USB cables into, let alone android-based devices, without having to run any particular piece of software, then one of Apple's piece of industrial-design sculpture might be worth considering, but not until.

Sorry, not wanting to start an Apple war: sure, they have their advantages, but some of us just don't want in, regardless.
Old 14th August 2012, 23:52   #10722
BHPian

Quote:
For 3k more you could try the Droid RAZR Max its got almost double the battery.
Old 15th August 2012, 00:42   #10723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But... Buying an Apple device means buying a way of life. No thanks!
Based on your usage i may suggest the google pad(Newly launched one) or the windows based ones.

Also Acer and Asus have two of the fastest Pad lineups.

If not apple there is a whole lot of choice. I personally would avoid samsung in the tablet segment. Asus and ACer have better tablet compared to samsung.
Old 15th August 2012, 00:46   #10724
BHPian

Quote:
Please refer to page 710 onwards for responses to my query. I feel the razr is a great phone.The OS is almost stock,great screen,etc.This phone seems great for 25750k(snapdeal).If you can extend your budget slightly then the razr maxx is great with its humongous battery.
If you prefer a phone with a good camera,screen then the Sony xperia s may interest you but dont expect a great battery relative to the max and it cost about 28k.

Regards
Old 15th August 2012, 01:08   #10725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
About flipkart buying experience, I ordered a case for my galaxy Note from flipkart. Capdase SL00P100A-S101 Universal Pouch | Cases Covers | Flipkart.com

It says it's compatible with N7000. But when the product arrived, it was not even one third the size of my phone. Fortunately I had opted for Cash on Delivery. And immediately asked the delivery boy to return my money. After a few calls here and there he returned the money.

I am now looking to buy a pouch in mumbai this weekend. Any place in Mumbai where I can get good options at good price? I already have a flip cover. So looking for a simple and elegant looking pouch
Dude, its Flipkart you are dealing with. You should have hardly worried even if it was a pre-paid purchase. Its more than likely they would have collected the item back and refunded the money since the product did not meet specifications. The experience is hardly a reason not buy from them (or any other reputed seller). Also, the delivery guy let you open it before paying, so it must be Flipkart's own delivery service. I don't think any courier guy would let you open the package without paying.

Most Viewed