Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2018, 10:59   #27406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys how does the OnePlus 6 compare to the S9+?

Looking at the following kind of work:

1. Lots of Whatsapp: We have work related whatsapp groups with exchange of quite a lot of PDF files.

2. Quite a bit of mail receiving and sending. Though not text heavy, the mails have a number of pdf, excel, and jpg files attached at times.

3. Phone call clarity. Of late I have seen in many of my phones that the voice clarity and volume go down over time. Like my MI5 currently has very low volume. Maybe due to dust or sweat from the hair etc. due to the heat in summers. But I need a solution for this.

4. SpeakerPhone Volume. Sometimes I like to take my calls into conference mode with those present around me so this needs to be loud and clear.

5. Quick and snappy Phone. I have really come to hate LAG. I have literally gotten frustrated at times with my older phones due to lag. I just have something against lag which I cannot control. The one single thing that truly works me up is a laggy Phone. I have broken a few in the past.

6. High level of security for all the data I have on the Phone. Nothing is unhackable in todays world but I'd like the security layers to be a deterrent.

7. I have an eye for art and always appreciate a thing crafted from high quality materials. I love flawless surfaces and articles in front of me. They calm me. So build quality would be an appreciated asset.

8. Earlier the Samsung was known to start getting slower with time. Any of you experienced this? I hope they truly have a snappy phone this time around.

Help would be much appreciated guys. Also what kind of deals and offers are available on these phones?
Old 9th June 2018, 11:31   #27407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Guys how does the OnePlus 6 compare to the S9+?
Nothing beats performance and smoothness of a stock Android phone. If performance is paramount, OnePlus without a doubt. I have used S9 plus. Nothing special about the phone to be honest.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2018 at 17:41. Reason: Quoted text trimmed for benefit of small screen users
Old 9th June 2018, 12:29   #27408
Team-BHP Support

^Nav - Why not the Pixel 2 XL? Need 2 sims, then it should be between S9+, OP6 & maybe Honor 10.

I prefer the Honor because of a more compact size, better camera (sample images in previous page). Not worth getting phones over 40K, they depreciate like stink and most are use and throw. If something goes wrong, I don't have the patience to get it repaired (wait for parts to arrive and it still is nothing like stock). Choose wisely If not, get the Huwaei Porsche edition phone, please search for it and see for yourself.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th June 2018 at 12:33.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:00   #27409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have mostly your kind of usecases; and I use a Moto Z2 Play. It is fine for me but of course, I wouldn't know better unless I use a better phone. :-)

Quote:
1. Lots of Whatsapp: We have work related whatsapp groups with exchange of quite a lot of PDF files.
In a work environment, I find Slack far superior to WhatsApp (and other similar apps). You might want to give it a try.
Old 13th June 2018, 09:33   #27410
Team-BHP Support

While I am happy with the Honor 10, it takes a bit of time to fully charge when the phone is low on battery. I have switched the stock wire to Samsung OE wire [made somewhere abroad]. The OE wire was short on length and have moved it to one of the cars [Had got 2 type C from Samsung to be used in both cars].

I don't think the wire is at fault, just that this ~3,300 MH battery is taking time to charge up. Do factor in this if making a purchase decision, else at all places, I am still a happy man.
Old 13th June 2018, 10:17   #27411
Senior - BHPian

I have the s9+ and recently used the OP6 for extended periods. It really depends what you looking for. OP6 is definitely faster and smoother in day to day operations. Sound/camera screen the s9+ blows it out of the water. If in the market now, I recommend the Note 8. Not a lot to give in terms of performance between the two (note 8 vs s9+) and has all the ingredients of the s9+ barring the dual aperture and the stereo speakers. Plus the prices seem to have come down now that the note 9 is close to launch.
Old 13th June 2018, 10:51   #27412
Senior - BHPian

As I have all 3 in the house, Samsung Note 8 is still way ahead of any One Plus 6 or Honor 10. All phones get slower with age. Just wipe the cache partition after every major software upgrade and you should be good to go. I am also facing Google Location Sharing issue on the Honor phone. It seems to work for few days and then vanish. This is supposedly a common issue with that brand as per online forums.

Cheers...
Old 13th June 2018, 20:01   #27413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just wipe the cache partition after every major software upgrade and you should be good to go.
Could you please let us know more about this? My lenovo K6 power has slowed down considerably in the recent past. I need to do something to boost the performance.
Old 13th June 2018, 20:21   #27414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you please let us know more about this? My lenovo K6 power has slowed down considerably in the recent past. I need to do something to boost the performance.
Just search on Google the procedure to wipe the cache partition for your particular model. Each phone has a different set of key combinations to venture into the recovery to wipe cache partition. It's absolutely safe, provided you follow the instructions to the T and doesn't wipe off any user data. Here's the procedure, for instance, for the Note 8 -

Quote:
Wipe cache partition on Note 8
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
However I do believe that Lenovo is not so user friendly as Samsung etc. at this procedure. You may have to Google a bit or contact your service station. If that doesn't work, usually a hard reset of the phone may be required for phone models like Lenovo. Also clearing off junk for some apps like Whatsapp (the biggest culprit in today's day and age) like it's images, video and documents folders also hastens up your phone a bit.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 13th June 2018 at 20:26.
Old 14th June 2018, 14:10   #27415
BANNED

@navpreet318; Are you not comparing a Rolls with a Ford. The domains are different. I did get a cheaper Motorola to replace one of my expensive phones. I got disgruntled in a month. So YOU PAYS YOUR MONEY and GETS YOUR CHOICE.
Old 14th June 2018, 14:16   #27416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you considered the Sircocco? 8 months into my Nokia and the phone is as snappy as was on the first day. Highly recommended.
Old 15th June 2018, 19:02   #27417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just search on Google the procedure to wipe the cache partition for your particular model
Wow! It worked and how! Swiping the screens used to take eons and now it is pretty fast!

Thank You!
Old 15th June 2018, 23:12   #27418
BHPian

Has anybody bought Samsung mobile from local retailer by making payment through Paytm and got offer of cashback successfully?
I am contemplating Note 8 purchase from local retailer but paying through Paytm. Are sellers on Paytm mall reliable? Anybody bought Samsung mobile on Paytm?
Old 16th June 2018, 09:38   #27419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
While I am happy with the Honor 10, it takes a bit of time to fully charge when the phone is low on battery.

I don't think the wire is at fault, just that this ~3,300 MH battery is taking time to charge up. Do factor in this if making a purchase decision, else at all places, I am still a happy man.
This issue got resolved by itself. Now, the phone takes 90-120 minutes for a full charge from low/zero battery.
Old 16th June 2018, 11:12   #27420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Has anybody bought Samsung mobile from local retailer by making payment through Paytm and got offer of cashback successfully?
I am contemplating Note 8 purchase from local retailer but paying through Paytm. Are sellers on Paytm mall reliable? Anybody bought Samsung mobile on Paytm?

Is that possible? Afaik, unless the retailer is a seller on paytm mall, you will not receive any cashback.
Making payment to a local vendor will be a regular transfer, which may not be recognised by samsung or paytm as payment towards the Note 8 which is eligibile for cashback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks