Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 11:51   #28906
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
"Data is the new oil"

Today China is ruling the Indian market, thanks to the data 'collected' (stolen) by these Chinese gadget companies.

If you think Chinese companies are the only ones doing it, you are in for a shock.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...ponses-n859651

https://lifehacker.com/stop-using-wh...acy-1825719172

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privac...garding_Google

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...illion-payout/

I can go on and on with more examples around the world. Ever heard about the story on how Target predicted a teenage daughter's pregnancy before her parents could do. I work in the area of data systems for a long time now and the most successful companies now are the ones who make the best use of data, irrespective of the domain.

I honestly think it's unfair to be critical only about Chinese companies.
Old 18th June 2019, 16:31   #28907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Absolutely correct. When I sold my three year old and heavily used OP3 last week, it was still working well with optimum smoothness . I upgraded to the OP6T
Curious about 'last week' part. Did you buy OP6T last week as well (assuming you exchanged)? Interested in your perspective on choosing OP6T over 7.
Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 19:20   #28908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
However, can you please indicate why you think the Oxygen OS is better than Google's Pixel (it's not strictly stock, it has some refinements over stock Android)
It's just the overall look and feel. It actually feels more refined. The speed at which things happen. Things like control over icons/size/color/highlights without actually needing to install 3rd party apps is in built. Lots of bells and whistles without actually slowing the system down.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:48   #28909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Curious about 'last week' part. Did you buy OP6T last week as well (assuming you exchanged)? Interested in your perspective on choosing OP6T over 7.
Thanks
I had been using the OP3 since 2016. Last week, during the Amazon phone sale, I exchanged it for the OP6T. As regards why I chose the 6T over the 7, there were a few reasons: (1) Price was a few thousands less than the 7 (2) I prefer the matte finish, which is available only on the 6T and not the 7 (3) I was getting the 8GB 128 GB version of the 6T, whereas the 7 would have been the 6GB/ 128 version (4) no appreciable difference in performance as between the 6T and 7. All considered, the 6T was a better value for money option in my case.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th June 2019 at 14:00.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:53   #28910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I had been using the OP3 since 2016. Last week, during the Amazon phone sale, I exchanged it for the OP6. As regards why I chose the 6T over the 7, there were a few reasons: (1) Price was a few thousands less than the 7 (2) I prefer the matte finish, which is available only on the 6T and not the 7 (3) I was getting the 8GB 128 GB version of the 6T, whereas the 7 would have been the 6GB/ 128 version (4) no appreciable difference in performance as between the 6T and 7. All considered, the 6T was a better value for money option in my case.
Thank you and congrats on the phone.

On another note, Asus 6z (zenfone 6) has been launched at a price of 32K starting price for 6GB 64GB, till 40k for 8GB variant.
Old 19th June 2019, 15:42   #28911
Senior - BHPian

My OnePlus 3 is also going to be 3 years old next month and is working perfectly fine. As such I see no need to upgrade it, what with the increased prices and with 5g around the corner it makes sense to wait for a bit and pick up a 5g compatible phone.

PS has anyone tried the latest OxygenOS 9.0.3 update on the OP3 which upgrades it to Pie ?
Old 19th June 2019, 17:27   #28912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
PS has anyone tried the latest OxygenOS 9.0.3 update on the OP3 which upgrades it to Pie ?
Yes. My wife uses OnePlus 3 and got an upgrade to pie recently. The update is similar to one that I had got on OP 5T. No apparent issues as of now. And like you, she also doesn't feel any need to change the phone since it working as good as new even after 3 years.
Old 19th June 2019, 22:12   #28913
BHPian

After lot of thinking, went ahead and purchased OP7 6GB today in oneplus experience store.
Old 19th June 2019, 23:26   #28914
Senior - BHPian

Anyone looking to buy or own the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom? Reviews seem pretty good - would have bought the P30 but Huawei has been eaten up by the Orange God.
Old 19th June 2019, 23:40   #28915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone looking to buy or own the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom? Reviews seem pretty good - would have bought the P30 but Huawei has been eaten up by the Orange God.
A bhpian has already bought it and posted it here (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods). This and a few posts after this he gives his comparison with his previous phone the LG G7+. Hope this helps. He can also add his experience / answer any questions that you may have!
Old 20th June 2019, 01:43   #28916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A bhpian has already bought it and posted it here (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods). This and a few posts after this he gives his comparison with his previous phone the LG G7+. Hope this helps. He can also add his experience / answer any questions that you may have!
Ah many thanks for pointing that out to me. Yeah have been reading some really good reviews of this phone. Maybe I need to jump in.
Old 20th June 2019, 05:39   #28917
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A bhpian has already bought it and posted it. Hope this helps. He can also add his experience / answer any questions that you may have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ah many thanks for pointing that out to me. Yeah have been reading some really good reviews of this phone. Maybe I need to jump in.
It's a beautiful phone, especially in the green colour - looks so nice that I keep staring at it.

The camera module is well engineered (has a horizontal periscope lens setup just like the P30 Pro), takes clean images irrespective of the lighting conditions.

The biggest upgrade in my case was the display. I had never seen an Amoled panel before, so that itself was well worth the purchase. Also it's wider compared to the LG G7+, which I like because I used to frequently hit the wrong keys while typing on the LG.

The Color OS skin comes with some bloat but that is manageable.

Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

Last edited by Oxy : 20th June 2019 at 06:04.
Old 20th June 2019, 14:12   #28918
Senior - BHPian

Lol see my misfortune. Just yesterday I said my OnePlus 3 is working fine and later in the evening my screen glass got badly cracked !! In the pocket too without hitting anything !!
New screen is 7500 bucks from the service centre. I'm searching for someone to replace only the glass
Old 20th June 2019, 21:26   #28919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
It's a beautiful phone, especially in the green colour - looks so nice that I keep staring at it.

The camera module is well engineered (has a horizontal periscope lens setup just like the P30 Pro), takes clean images irrespective of the lighting conditions.

The biggest upgrade in my case was the display. I had never seen an Amoled panel before, so that itself was well worth the purchase. Also it's wider compared to the LG G7+, which I like because I used to frequently hit the wrong keys while typing on the LG.

The Color OS skin comes with some bloat but that is manageable.

Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.
Many thanks for the info! I didn't want to move from the Honor View 10 - which is more than a year old - but if it won't be getting any updates, upgrades, I might have to move to another phone.

I am playing the waiting game as of this moment but am interested in the Oppo. Will reach out for any questions.
Old 21st June 2019, 08:16   #28920
BHPian

Yesterday, my lg v30 plus received a software update. However, it has been continuing with 'Finishing Android Updates' for last 8 hours and it's not done yet as the progress bar has been moving extremely slowly. Any ideas on what I can do to make it complete it?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1561085209332.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks