Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 17:24   #28891
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Bricked devices can be bought back to life, i have done it earlier with Motox and Oneplus.

What happens when you boot the phone? black screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Yes don't give up just yet. Most bootloops can be fixed by doing a flash via fastboot.

Absolute worst case, a jtag flash will restore most bricked phones.

Try searching for jtag flashers locally. Again, in the worst case contact Josh Groce on XDA. You've to arrange for to/fro shipping to the US but he recovers most bricked phones.
Thanks - this is really comforting.

I can get a Fastboot Screen. I had TWRP set-up before . So, from fastboot Recovery mode, I get into TWRP.

But, when I connect my phone to PC, while it recognizes phone being connected, I can not access phone storage from PC. So, effectively, I might have lost OS from my phone memory and can't load the new image from PC as I can't accesss the phone storage.

I will research more on jtag flash. Will keep posted. Thanks once again.
Old 17th June 2019, 17:27   #28892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post

I can get a Fastboot Screen. I had TWRP set-up before . So, from fastboot Recovery mode, I get into TWRP.

But, when I connect my phone to PC, while it recognizes phone being connected
If you are able to get into to Fastboot , bootimage might have gone corrupted and partitions lost. If the phone is being detected on the PC then you need to sideload the OS and the other required files through ADB. I will see if i can can get the detailed steps from the XDA thread and will send it to you.
Old 17th June 2019, 18:50   #28893
BHPian

Interesting discussions wrt OP Phones & Pixels. The only thing going for the Pixels are the camera from all I can gather, having used it for a while as a backup. While OP Phones pretty much trump Pixels in everything else.

I don't think I would say this ever, but Oxygen OS is actually better than stock Android. It just is, no pretending anymore. You can pretty much pick any old OP Phones and the speed on them is still crazy as compared to any androids out there.

However, as quite a few people have pointed out, if OP 7p's camera isn't at a 'flagship' level; then it is a bit of a downer. I hope OP fixes that.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 17th June 2019 at 18:53.
Old 17th June 2019, 18:54   #28894
BHPian

Yet another case of Chinese smartphone manufacturer found involved in spying and stealing private data of users without their consent:

Report: The Shot on OnePlus app leaked ‘hundreds’ of email addresses
Old 17th June 2019, 19:01   #28895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
If you are able to get into to Fastboot , bootimage might have gone corrupted and partitions lost. If the phone is being detected on the PC then you need to sideload the OS and the other required files through ADB. I will see if i can can get the detailed steps from the XDA thread and will send it to you.
Yes.
This is most probably a soft brick.

No need of jtag flash.
Old 17th June 2019, 19:04   #28896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Yet another case of Chinese smartphone manufacturer found involved in spying and stealing private data of users without their consent:

Report: The Shot on OnePlus app leaked 'hundreds' of email addresses
Not sure if that's what the article says. It's more of a security flaw than spying/stealing.
Old 17th June 2019, 19:11   #28897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post

Check the below links , it gives you the step by the step procedure.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...nt-to-t3889006

https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-...3691396/page14.

See if you cannot get it through or if any other member who is in pune can help you out. I am in hyderabad or else would have taken your phone and sorted it out.
Old 17th June 2019, 19:41   #28898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Not sure if that's what the article says. It's more of a security flaw than spying/stealing.
"Data is the new oil"

This is not a new thing for Chinese companies and government to spread their gadgets as spywares all over the world.

Don't want to get involved in the fight with Chinese fanboys, neither want to hurt sentiments of Chinese gadget users, posting just few links below, internet is full with plenty of other examples:

OnePlus accused of stealing crucial user data without consent: Report

Xiaomi Phones Secretly Sending Users' Sensitive Data to Chinese Servers

750,000 Lenovo Laptops Had 'Superfish' Spyware

Why You Shouldn’t Buy Huawei Phones If You Care About Privacy

Today China is ruling the Indian market, thanks to the data 'collected' (stolen) by these Chinese gadget companies.

The Chinese MG Hector lacks basic features like terrain control which are available in the other SUVs like Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. But still there is high probability that Hector gonna beat them in sales numbers, why? Because it has what attracts to an average Indian buyer- the flashy features. How MG managed to figure that out? Just because of the 'data'.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 17th June 2019 at 19:51.
Old 17th June 2019, 20:11   #28899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
However, as quite a few people have pointed out, if OP 7p's camera isn't at a 'flagship' level; then it is a bit of a downer. I hope OP fixes that.
This isn't a problem either. In Pixel everything is software based and all we need is the GCAM (Pixel's camera App).
However, to install this,Camera2API should be enabled. In most phones, this requires a root however in OP 7 series phone, this comes enabled. So download the latest gcam app and install like any other apk file - use this app to take pics, it is miles ahead of what the OP's camera app offer. Check youtube videos, huge difference.

Can someone say how is the battery life of S10 (exynos variant sold in India)?
Old 17th June 2019, 20:46   #28900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
"Data is the new oil"

This is not a new thing for Chinese companies and government to spread their gadgets as spywares all over the world.

Today China is ruling the Indian market, thanks to the data 'collected' (stolen) by these Chinese gadget companies.
Umm let me correct you .. China is ruling the World Market.

Almost everything electronic is made or some part of it is made in China. Do you really think Indians for that matter anyone is worried about email ids being leaked? Everyone shares their details just for 'Free Wifi'.

Do you think Indian companies are any better? So according to you what phone should I buy, to say not promote Chinese interests? And while you are at it, please also think about the Routers/Mobile Network Towers/Smart TVs.

Indians have provided every possible detail of their ids, banks to a wide variety of sources. What is worse than anyone actually getting an Aadhar card?

Where is data protection? I am sorry, but anyone who goes on this tangent is just living in a different world. If someone wants to hack you, they will hack you. The only way to live otherwise is and I quote one of India's central ministers to 'Go and live in the mountains and leave everything behind'. I know that is hyperbole, but concerns of Privacy & Data Protection are just things beyond ordinary man's control.

Even going by your logic, shouldn't the Indian Govt. ban these things then? I am not saying your points are not valid, but there is so little one can do without it.

Going back to the topic, I don't think anyone is a fanboy here, people like certain products, because they are simply well made and your spend is justified. I am sorry but I am not one of those guys who will choose an inferior product just because it's made in India. Those days are long gone.
Old 17th June 2019, 23:02   #28901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting discussions wrt OP Phones & Pixels. The only thing going for the Pixels are the camera from all I can gather, having used it for a while as a backup. While OP Phones pretty much trump Pixels in everything else.

I don't think I would say this ever, but Oxygen OS is actually better than stock Android. It just is, no pretending anymore. You can pretty much pick any old OP Phones and the speed on them is still crazy as compared to any androids out there.

I agree with you almost... OP7 vs Pixel 3a is a no-brainer. Right from design to performance or hardware specs, it is not even a contest. Yes, Pixel camera is better but you can use the Google Camera port which works flawlessly in Oneplus phones (including Night sight, portrait, lens blur etc). There is a reason why Google has failed miserably in selling Pixel phones , simply because they are not up to the competition. The Pixel 3 sold even less than the Pixel 2 which themselves were sales duds.

However, can you please indicate why you think the Oxygen OS is better than Google's Pixel (it's not strictly stock, it has some refinements over stock Android). I have used both and I like the Pixel experience slightly better, I feel its slightly more refined but the difference is very minimal.
Old 18th June 2019, 07:49   #28902
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hi Oxy, I believe LG G7+ has quad dac which enhances the audio quality over earphones (I use a LG V30+). How is the quality of audio over earphones in Oppo Reno?
I prefer my audio through the speakers and I am happy on that front. It is definitely not comparable to the LG's quad dac through earphones but is sufficient for my needs. Also I hear that this has an internal resonance chamber just like the LG so you should be good.

PS: If you are in Bangalore, please feel free to drop by and experience my phone so that it can help you take a decision.

Last edited by Oxy : 18th June 2019 at 07:53.
Old 18th June 2019, 09:33   #28903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely correct. When I sold my three year old and heavily used OP3 last week, it was still working well with optimum smoothness . I upgraded to the OP6T and the experience so far has been flawless, as expected. I really like the way Oxygen OS has become smoother and more mature over the past few years. If I had to pick out one fault with the OP6T, it is the in - display finger print sensor. While it still performs admirably, the physical fingerprint sensor was even faster and more accurate on my OP3.
Old 18th June 2019, 09:53   #28904
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a quality tempered glass for the OnePlus 7? As there isn't significant variation from the OnePlus 6T dimensions, suggestions from 6T users shall be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 18th June 2019, 10:13   #28905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Can anyone suggest a quality tempered glass for the OnePlus 7? As there isn't significant variation from the OnePlus 6T dimensions, suggestions from 6T users shall be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Buy the official tempered glass from oneplus website. I am using the OP7 tempered glass on my 6t for the past 10 days and I can say it is too good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks