Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2018, 20:36   #28141
BHPian

Re: Call Recorder App?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
From what I understand, that is by design! Some legal hassles between various parties and google would rather play it safe. I guess you'll have to root the device - that should solve the issues!
Is there anyway I get call recording without 'rooting' the device?

If NOT, Could you please suggest any good ROMs for Asus 'Max Pro'?

Please advise!
Old 13th November 2018, 20:53   #28142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could any member suggest me a good call recording app which can record both party's voice?
I use this app (paid version):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.nll.acr

Not sure if it works with Pie. I'm still on Oreo.
Old 14th November 2018, 13:28   #28143
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Google support tells me that they have proof that there is liquid damage on the device.
Obviously, the device has never been dropped in water. So, how's that possible?

This is really a dangerous precedent because even if my device was in warranty, they would have not repaired it free of cost. My advice stay miles away from Google phones, at least in India.
Old 14th November 2018, 15:00   #28144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Google support tells me that they have proof that there is liquid damage on the device.

This is really a dangerous precedent because even if my device was in warranty, they would have not repaired it free of cost. My advice stay miles away from Google phones, at least in India.
Just a guess but could steam or a humid environment like a bathroom (after a hot shower) generate enough moisture to trigger the water check? There are some small paper type pieces inside the body of the phone which turn red/pink on contact with water.
Old 14th November 2018, 16:47   #28145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I use this app (paid version):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.nll.acr

Not sure if it works with Pie. I'm still on Oreo.
Thanks very much for your suggestion!
The free app works very well in recording both parties conversation.

What's the advantage of paid app, if any?
Old 14th November 2018, 17:18   #28146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's the advantage of paid app, if any?
A lot of config options, integrations etc. If you haven't felt a need for it you might not need it. If you think something is missing chances are that it is present in the paid version.

It's been 2 years; I don't exactly recall why I needed the pro version. Probably the ability to record calls even when on BT/wired headsets.
Old 14th November 2018, 18:50   #28147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Do you use AC vent mounted phone holders? If you do, there's a theoretical chance of atmospheric water condensing on the motherboard if the device gets too cold!

Or maybe Google service is bluffing. Probably they think you won't be able to disprove their "moisture" theory, hence clinging onto it!

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 14th November 2018 at 18:52.
Old 14th November 2018, 19:39   #28148
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Just a guess but could steam or a humid environment like a bathroom (after a hot shower) generate enough moisture to trigger the water check? There are some small paper type pieces inside the body of the phone which turn red/pink on contact with water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Do you use AC vent mounted phone holders? If you do, there's a theoretical chance of atmospheric water condensing on the motherboard if the device gets too cold!

Or maybe Google service is bluffing. Probably they think you won't be able to disprove their "moisture" theory, hence clinging onto it!
I reeceived an image from Google support where the liquid damage indicator has turned red. But what baffles me is that I have never spilled liquid on it. There's always a possibility that I picked up the phone with moist/wet hands or there might be a few drops of rain or may be in the bathroom (I do take the phone to the bathroom sometimes but I keep it far away from shower area). But, if the phone gets damaged so easily in day-to-day use, what's the point? Should we all be buying water resistant phones in that case? And the Pixel was IP54 certified which means splash resistant, whatever that means.

Also, I have a genuine question - for devices which are water resistant, does this liquid damage void warranty? If yes, I don't see the point of a water resistant phone.
I feel the customer in all such cases is at the mercy of the service center.

Last edited by adimicra : 14th November 2018 at 19:42.
Old 14th November 2018, 20:17   #28149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
A lot of config options, integrations etc. If you haven't felt a need for it you might not need it. If you think something is missing chances are that it is present in the paid version.

It's been 2 years; I don't exactly recall why I needed the pro version. Probably the ability to record calls even when on BT/wired headsets.
Does the paid app have the ability to record WiFi calls? Say for example, whatsapp calls?
Old 14th November 2018, 21:13   #28150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the paid app have the ability to record WiFi calls? Say for example, whatsapp calls?
I don't make WiFi calls so can't tell; but it has a setting to enable it.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-14-november-2018-91233-pm-ist.jpg
Old 16th November 2018, 10:44   #28151
Distinguished - BHPian

OnePlus users who have migrated to the latest OS update (9.0.2); do you find your battery draining at a much faster rate? Since the update, my OP6 is just about lasting a day; and this is irrespective of the amount of usage during the day.

A colleague also confirmed similar issue; globally this issue seems to have a divided opinion; refer to the link - https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/b...update.942989/
Old 16th November 2018, 11:23   #28152
BHPian

Got a Redmi 6 Pro for better half few days back and since wife is known for dropping her devises I was also looking for a protection plan, say for repairs or screen replacement and found that if I buy the device from Mi.com, they additionally sell the MI Protection Plan for a sum of Rs. 799/-. So went ahead and took the policy, which is a one year plan from the date of purchase.

Policy is taken through OneAssist (guess MI has tie up with them) and is issued by New India Assurance. I will not write about the policy details but uploading two documents I received over mail. I have converted Policy document PDF to word and have removed all personal references.

Going through the policy document I understand there is also a 'own payment' of 10% of repair charges in case of claims, much like the insurance policies of two/four wheeler.

PS - Anyone buying any brand mobiles can independently buy the plans through OneAssist website and premium depends on mobile cost.

KK
Attached Files
File Type: doc InsuranceCertificate.doc (79.0 KB, 224 views)
File Type: pdf Plan_Benefits_Rs.8001-12000.pdf (111.1 KB, 190 views)
Old 17th November 2018, 07:28   #28153
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using a S7 edge phone since more than 2 years now. The battery has now started giving trouble with a full charge only lasting me till around 3 or 4PM in the afternoon with moderate usage. I am looking to get it changed. Any idea what is the approximate cost for the same?
Old 17th November 2018, 07:37   #28154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have been using a S7 edge phone since more than 2 years now. The battery has now started giving trouble with a full charge only lasting me till around 3 or 4PM in the afternoon with moderate usage. I am looking to get it changed. Any idea what is the approximate cost for the same?
Should be around 2-2.5K including the labor charge for replacement.
Old 17th November 2018, 10:25   #28155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The cost is around 2k. And if they have the battery in stock, it will only take about 1.5hrs to replace it. If not, they'll order the battery and you can take it in when you get time.
Speaking from personal experience, the new battery really revitalizes the phone back to its original state. Maybe its more psychological, but i feel my S7 has better performance as well on the new battery.

Edit: Forgot to mention, would suggest to stick to Samsung service center for an authentic battery as well as to keep the water resistance intact.

Last edited by agambhandari : 17th November 2018 at 10:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks