Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2018, 16:09   #28096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Beware of the flawed exchange process
I am the last person in the world who would need advice about Flipkart.

There's little discussion on this phone on the forum. Has anyone bought LG G7 ThinQ?

Even without exchange, this phone seems like a tremendous improvement over Oneplus 6T apart from Battery and Oxygen OS. Oneplus has no other win and barely a draw in camera.

It is a proper flagship with lightweight, certified water/dust/shock proof body, wireless charging, Quad HD display, top grade audio hardware and top grade ASS.

Then it is priced less than Oneplus. How cool is that!

Last edited by atnyia : 6th November 2018 at 16:10.
Old 6th November 2018, 16:12   #28097
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
Not able to open the link. Can you post the link again?
https://www.gsmarena.com/why_i_wont_...news-34053.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post

There's little discussion on this phone on the forum. Has anyone bought LG G7 ThinQ?
Coz it's one of those phones which turned to to be a so-so in-lieu of the comparison. That's the situation fighting it out in the Android world; if you get missed, you get left out completely!

Quote:
Oneplus has no other win and barely a draw in camera.
lol - Says who? While most online reviews would give feedback that oscillate either way, one site that is a reliable measuring scale is DXOMARK

OnePlus 6: 96 - https://www.dxomark.com/oneplus-6-re...tive-flagship/
LG G7 Thinq : 83 - https://www.dxomark.com/lg-g7-thinq-...igence-camera/

Btw the Pixel 2 scores a 98 while iPhone XS Max a 105 (2nd highest); they are yet to score the Pixel 3 and OP6T.

Quote:
Then it is priced less than Oneplus. How cool is that!
For the time being. I got the OP6 at 26k; without exchange It's all about timing. Give it a wait, OP6T will also come up discounts in a while.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 6th November 2018 at 16:27.
Old 6th November 2018, 17:51   #28098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Is that a bug or a feature?
A bug. I could never hear over a background noise. That had a serious effect on my youthful, ahem, social life.

But now, with the Mi A1, I guess I can ask them to phone me!
Old 6th November 2018, 18:05   #28099
BHPian

Quote:

Coz it's one of those phones which turned to to be a so-so in-lieu of the comparison. That's the situation fighting it out in the Android world; if you get missed, you get left out completely!
lol - Says who? While most online reviews would give feedback that oscillate either way, one site that is a reliable measuring scale is DXOMARK
DXOMARK rated OP5 camera better than iPhone 7 Plus! Do you also believe Taran Adarsh's movie reviews? DXOMARK is as biased as anyone could be.

Somehow, any mention of Oneplus triggers its fanboys and they engage in mocking and sermonzing without adding any value to the discussion. So, while it's sad but yet pointless to engage you further.

The intention of my post was to bring LG G7's compelling prospects. I am never saying someone who wants to buy Oneplus should buy LG. But, there are a lot of people, who are not brand tied and will welcome other options in their price range. LG G7 is one of those.

There are several flagship features which Oneplus simply doesn't have. Oneplus has bigger battery, dash charge and Oxygen OS. LG has a better Quad HD display, is certified water/dust/shock proof, has wireless charging and far better audio setup but will last only half a day. Typically people rejected top tier brands as too pricey but LG is now cheaper than Oneplus!

And here is the Camera Comparison where your eye is the judge.

Last edited by atnyia : 6th November 2018 at 18:07.
Old 6th November 2018, 18:24   #28100
BHPian

Quote:
yes - have bought the G7+ with that 90% buyback offer. Actually it turned out to be better than that as I got an instant discount of 5k with my HDFC card so I paid 35k for it and will get 36k as buyback (most probably looking for Note 9 next in 6-8 months as the prices would be more sane.

So the buyback was the only reason why I went for an LG (was using the Pixel 2 XL). Going by specs, the G7 kills Pixel as well but trust me, a pixel is a pixel. If you want the smoothest experience, I do not think anything comes close and is available at a similar price.

LG is HORRIBLE with software updates. It is still on 8.0 and not even 8.1. Now before people start stating that software versions are passe, since everyone is doing it, it shows your commitment to your client. Camera is strictly ok (maybe I am comparing with Pixel which is unfair). Battery life is surprisingly decent and lasts me a full day considering it is just 3000 mAH. Let me know in case you want to know any more specifics.
Old 6th November 2018, 19:24   #28101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^
I also like compact phones but sadly nowadays its really hard to find many options
You can consider the Nokia 6.1 plus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuri View Post
Nokia 6.1 is recently launched and will get guaranteed software updates for 2 years and security updates for three years(as part of android one program).
Did check out the Moto X4 last sunday in Croma and the buid quality actually felt mediocre. Cant have a direct comparison to Nokia as its not available off the shelf in stores. However dropped plans for the Motorola and now decided to pick up the Nokia 6.1plus. Flipkart price is 15,999 INR today. Will be my 1st nokia that's more than 1.5 K INR

@adimicra: I see you picked it up as well recently. Did it get the Android Pie update? Hows the performance after the update? I see a few complains online about phone heating up quicker than usual after the update? Can you throw some light?

P.S: Decided to hold on to my OnePlus X as a backup as its been pretty reliable for last 3 years inspite of rigorous usage.
P.P.S: When is the next sale on flipkart? Missed the bus this time due to some issues

Last edited by SoumenD : 6th November 2018 at 19:30.
Old 6th November 2018, 20:25   #28102
BHPian

No one here has picked up the OP6t yet? I was really looking forward to this device. In US, there is an amazing deal - you can return any OP Device and get a $300 credit.
Old 6th November 2018, 20:37   #28103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
yes - have bought the G7+ with that 90% buyback offer.

LG is HORRIBLE with software updates.
Camera is strictly ok (maybe I am comparing with Pixel which is unfair).
Battery life is surprisingly decent.
Thank you Praveen for sharing your experience. I had bought Poco F1 in August. So, not looking for an upgrade until something really bad happens.

G7 has a new variant of 4/64 GB with expandable storage which was available in sale at 30 K (before card discounts). For users who are not gamers, this is good enough. This variant seemed tremendous value to me, the reason for my first post.

Software updates should have had been coming faster after support for Treble. How bad is the camera? If possible, please check it against similarly priced phones like OP6, Honor etc. Pixel or Galaxy are a different level.
Old 6th November 2018, 21:22   #28104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
No one here has picked up the OP6t yet? I was really looking forward to this device. In US, there is an amazing deal - you can return any OP Device and get a $300 credit.
Someone is not too impressed

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4490424 (Are smartphones peaking in terms of tech & speed?)
Old 6th November 2018, 21:28   #28105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DXOMARK rated OP5 camera better than iPhone 7 Plus!
No it didn't. Please visit the site again. Anyway even if they did score it above iPhone 7 (and not 7Plus) it's their opinion, one of many in the ocean - I don't necessarily have to believe in every review by them.

Quote:
DXOMARK is as biased as anyone could be.
Most review sites are. But then one (as a consumer) chooses to figure out a mix and match approach; there is no single perfect approach. Btw I discovered DXOMARK when it was referenced by several serious reviewers with older iPhone models (launch reviews). They considered it important, so hence it's in my list of sites to consider for feedback.

Quote:
Somehow, any mention of Oneplus triggers its fanboys and they engage in mocking and sermonzing without adding any value to the discussion. So, while it's sad but yet pointless to engage you further.
Suggest you stick to the discussion with factual points, or ignore it. Don't patronize.

Quote:
The intention of my post was to bring LG G7's compelling prospects. I am never saying someone who wants to buy Oneplus should buy LG.
Check up again - you are the one comparing LG with OnePlus. You were the one who (unnecessarily) went down the road selecting that particular brand to compare with G7.

Feel free to sing the praises about G7 - no one's stopping you. You made a point, I gave you an alternate viewpoint. No one's stopping you from ignoring it.

@Eddy - Any particular reason why everyone turns out comparing the 6T with the 3 / 3T in particular? The GSMArena post I shared earlier also was comparing a 3T (with the 6T). I got 3 folks in my team looking for deals to open up - all of them are sold on the phone, but not on the price. 2 are using earlier OP models, one is on Redmi.

OP6 users - the OP6 got the 9.0.2 update; the night mode is now available; but my normal mode also gives me good photos similar to the night mode in low-light area. Anyone else tried this out in detail?

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2018 at 07:44. Reason: STRICTLY no rude posts on Team-BHP please
Old 6th November 2018, 21:30   #28106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

@adimicra: I see you picked it up as well recently. Did it get the Android Pie update? Hows the performance after the update? I see a few complains online about phone heating up quicker than usual after the update? Can you throw some light?
Yes, I have been using it for 1.5 days now and I am absolutely loving it.
I got Nova launcher Prime mainly to use various gestures. Also, I got the Google Now feed integrated with the Nova launcher which I am too used to in my Pixel.

I showed the phone to everyone in office and home and asked them to guess the price. All of them thought it to be a flagship phone at least >30K. Frankly, this looks so good and the build feels very premium. The notch is also pretty small, so it hardly bothers me. Even though it's a 5.8" screen, its actually very compact and smaller than the Pixel 1 with 5" screen due to excellent screen:body ratio

The phone performance is great. I was worried coming from a Pixel device but no issues whatsoever. I did a side-by-side comparison with Pixel and most app loading etc is similar. Some apps the Nokia 6.1 plus is marginally slower but you won't notice it in day-to-day usage. No issues with multi-tasking or ram management as well. Just goes to show that it is kind of useless to spend more money in high end processors as mid-range ones like 636 or 660 are able to handle all day to day activites easily. May be hardcore gamers need top of the line processors but I am not into gaming.

I got the Android Pie update and it works flawlessly without any bugs. It is running the October security patch. Nokia is doing a great job regards to updates and security patches. I think this will help them build a substantial customer base in the near future.

The battery life seems good, I would expect >5 hours screen on time easily. So, it should last one full day easily with Wifi/mobile daa/bluetooth etc turned on.

The stock camera is pretty mediocre. I installed the Pixel 3 APK and it actually transforms the camera particularly in low light or indoor lighting conditions. Make sure you turn off the 'Motion' feature in Google camera app, else it keeps crashing. There are one or 2 more issues with the Google Camera App but it still works for all practical purposes and worth the few minor issues. It actually makes the camera performance from below-average to very good, if not excellent. I even compared to the Pixel images and the Nokia 6.1 plus with the Google camera App gives images pretty close to Pixel 1, which is outstanding considering the price. This also shows the Pixel's image quality is mostly all about software!

If you have any questions, let me know. I think this is the phone to buy in 15K range and install the Google Camera which means you have an amazing device at such a low price. I am not sure if my Pixel comes back after repair, will I be using this one or the Pixel as the daily driver
Old 6th November 2018, 22:00   #28107
BHPian

Oh, wasn't looking at that thread. Probably mirrors what I was hoping.

I have the 3t and the camera is still really good (don't compare it to the latest iphone or Samsungs or Pixels). The front 16MP camera isn't bad and does a fairly decent job even during low light.

Speed - The 3t is ridiculously fast. Both the face unlock and finger print. I find myself using the face unlock more and more, so I expect it to be the same on 6t.

The pluses that I see is for sure the battery and the screen of the 6t and the downside is the lack of the headphone jack. I use Navigation quite a bit and hence, my battery never lasts a day. This has been the case from 6 months now. The chin of 3t looks ugly, which is just the sign of time that we live in right now.

PS. Attaching one evening and one night shot that I took randomly. They have been compressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-6pm.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-night.jpg  

Old 7th November 2018, 05:52   #28108
BHPian

Quote:
I don't necessarily have to believe in every review by them.

Most review sites are. Btw I discovered DXOMARK

Some folks just completely fail to see the point of the discussion

Check up again - you are the one comparing LG with OnePlus. You were the one who (unnecessarily) went down the road selecting that particular brand to compare with G7.

Feel free to gloat or sing the praises about G7 - no one's stopping you.
First, you said that they are reliable, but now you don't believe all of their reviews. Can we leave DXOMARK as their scores are usually biased for Oneplus as they are partners?

Nearly all reviews say that oneplus has a better camera, with different degrees. I said barely based on GSMArena camera compare tool that I use. But, lets drop the word. LG is good, wide angle, but nothing great. Oneplus has the better camera setup. Now let's proceed from here.

I did an overall comparison. I listed pros and cons of both devices. Then I asked about if anyone really bought G7 and how is it doing.

How is that gloating?

Its very peculiar that you chose to ignore ALL other comparison points between these phones.

I would still say that at 30K (sale price), LG brings more to table, feature-wise. OP6T is now 8K more. And if not clear, that's the point of discussion.

Last edited by atnyia : 7th November 2018 at 05:57.
Old 8th November 2018, 11:33   #28109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I ordered the Honor 8X today. The 6gb, 64 GB model and it came down to about 15xxx. Should be delivered within the next few days. Will update after some usage. But I have a hunch, for the money I am going to be satisfied.
Me too, but the 4GB variant. God, it's bulky and feel heavy too. I'm missing my Redmi Note 4 already and of course the fluidic and extensively customizable MIUI. EMUI is not that consistent thematically, it is a mix of font sizes, some raised icons some flat. MIUI even displays the number of rings a person has made for a missed call!

Otherwise, battery life is good, so is the camera, is what I felt.
Old 8th November 2018, 13:29   #28110
BHPian

Re: Auto Call Recording on Asus Max Pro?

I am sorely missing the built-in call recording which was available on 'Lenovo K6 Power' in my new device 'Asus Max Pro'. I assumed it's an android feature and should be available on all the brands/devices.

Is there anyway one can get this back on 'Max Pro'? Never thought of checking this 'feature' when I thought of Asus.

Please advise!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks