Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2018, 14:42   #28066
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anybody using Honor phones here? How is the UI holding up? Does it start to lag as time progresses?
Been using one since Honor 10 came out. Absolutely happy, its as snappy as my iPhone was. Fluid and though I would prefer a clean android, but it still is not a big issue.

The only thing I am concerned is, about the SAR levels wrt other phones.
Old 4th November 2018, 15:20   #28067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've been on honor for over a year now. 6x and 9i.
Neither of the phones ever lagged, and I've not been skimpy on usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Been using one since Honor 10 came out. Absolutely happy, its as snappy as my iPhone was.
Thanks much. Would like to know how long did your Honor mobiles last without issues? I'm guessing Huawei is bit more better on build quality including their batteries, when compared to Xiaomi.

Coming from 4100 mAh, will 3750 mAh be a downgrade?

Wondering if there is the 'private space' in the EMUI version for 8x? Love the privacy when I give someone else to use the phone. One of the review didn't show that option under security and privacy.

Nobody yet got a Honor 8x?
Old 4th November 2018, 19:44   #28068
Senior - BHPian

Anybody actually bought and used the Honor 8X? It looks like a compelling buy at the given price. I briefly had the 7x and for the price it was faultless.
Any 8x user may throw some light.
Old 5th November 2018, 00:03   #28069
Senior - BHPian

Out of nowhere, I ended up buying the Note 8 as a birthday present for my wife as she is pretty unhappy with her current phone camera. Costed me 41K on Amazon after discounts, pretty good deal I would say.
I compared the Pixel 2XL and the Note 8 at the store for a long time. The Note 8 is so far ahead in terms of build quality, design and the screen is like 10X times better than the Pixel 2 XL. Holding these 2 devices side by side just makes the Pixel 2XL feel way inferior. Also, my wife is very much used to Samsung's version of Android and does not care about the latest OS or security updates like me. So, felt like a no-brainer to me. WIll do some side by side comparisons with my Pixel 1 in terms of image quality just for fun.
By the way, I have the PIxel 3 camera App on my Pixel 1. Normal shots are marginally better with the Pixel 3 camera but the 'Nightsight' is out of the world. I don't know how Google is managing this. It is similar to long exposure shots taken using a tripod - I might be exaggerating here but still this is just amazing. Try it to believe!
Old 5th November 2018, 12:55   #28070
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded from iPhone prison (SE) to Pixel 2 XL. There is something about this phone that just makes me happy inside. Everything works perfectly, there is a world of apps for everything imaginable. Camera is extremely amazing. Especially night sight (from ported camera app from Pixel 3).

Microsoft Lens - a scanning camera - that worked exceptionally on iphone somehow seems buggy, and the document is not captured as well as on iphone. Live wallpapers, though beautiful, somehow slow the phone. But static OLED screen wallpaper livens up the screen. The screen's saturation now boosted to max really shows good colors.

Having a crisp 6 inch lightweight phone on which anything is possible is really freeing. That's what I feel when I use this phone. Freedom. No longer dependent on whims of Apple, whether it be transfer of files/ simple customization/ selection of apps. Pure android is truly a bliss.
Old 5th November 2018, 14:31   #28071
BHPian

For a hearing impaired persion, like me, can someone suggest a phone with very good clarity of the earpiece?

Earlier the feature phones used to have good sound. With the advent of big screens and powerful cameras,
good sound became a non priority. I need the earpiece sound to be loud and having good clarity.

HTC high end phones seems to have good sound. I understand phones need to have good DAC like Wolfson, to output good sound, which most budget hones tend to skip.
Old 5th November 2018, 16:55   #28072
Senior - BHPian

I ordered the Honor 8X today. The 6gb, 64 GB model and it came down to about 15xxx. Should be delivered within the next few days. Will update after some usage. But I have a hunch, for the money I am going to be satisfied.
Old 5th November 2018, 21:14   #28073
BHPian

Quick question:
I have been using an iphone since around 4-5 years now. Currently using the iPhone 7.
After all these years, finally decided to shift to android. Only one phone which i have shortlisted is the One Plus 6T.
Are there any other alternatives i should look for ?
Old 5th November 2018, 21:38   #28074
Senior - BHPian

It all boils down to your budget really. There are great phones at every budget now.
But if you looking for one of the finest android experience presently available, OP6 T is a sure way to go about it. Not to mention its fresh out of the oven.
It is the closet you will get to an IOS fluidity and speed on android.
Old 5th November 2018, 21:44   #28075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
It all boils down to your budget really. There are great phones at every budget now.
But if you looking for one of the finest android experience presently available, OP6 T is a sure way to go about it. Not to mention its fresh out of the oven.
It is the closet you will get to an IOS fluidity and speed on android.

Have kept the budget at 50k because if i cross that, i'll eventually end up buying another iPhone.
Have heard a lot about One Plus so thought of giving it a try.
Old 5th November 2018, 22:03   #28076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Have kept the budget at 50k because if i cross that, i'll eventually end up buying another iPhone.
Have heard a lot about One Plus so thought of giving it a try.
Rohit, after using an iPhone if you want to switch to Android, up your budget and try out the Samsung Note 9, it's brilliant in every way. I believe it's for 68k.

I am using the Note 8 which is superb and the 9 takes it up quite a bit. The problem with the OP6T is the display, it's good, however once you see the Samsung panels the One Plus devices fade away.

Do check both out both and side by side, you will see the difference.

Cheers
Old 5th November 2018, 23:07   #28077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
...I was just checking the Google Camera port for Nokia 6.1 plus and it completely transforms the camera and puts it at par with the best in the midrange phones. ...
@adimicra
Could you please share details of the Google Camera port for Nokia 6.1 Plus like source and safety? The official Google Camera App is not supported by the device. So whats the work around?
Old 6th November 2018, 00:08   #28078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I upgraded from iPhone prison (SE) to Pixel 2 XL. There is something about this phone that just makes me happy inside. Everything works perfectly, there is a world of apps for everything imaginable. Camera is extremely amazing. Especially night sight (from ported camera app from Pixel 3).
Hey Congrats on your new purchase. I have booked the Pixel 2XL as well. Should get it by Friday, 9th. I have also booked a spigen case but i am unable to find a good screen protector. I am looking at something that i not tempered glass. Did you install a screen protector for your Pixel 2XL?
Old 6th November 2018, 00:25   #28079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Rohit, after using an iPhone if you want to switch to Android, up your budget and try out the Samsung Note 9, it's brilliant in every way. I believe it's for 68k.

I am using the Note 8 which is superb and the 9 takes it up quite a bit. The problem with the OP6T is the display, it's good, however once you see the Samsung panels the One Plus devices fade away.

Do check both out both and side by side, you will see the difference.

Cheers

Thank you for your reply, but there is something about Samsung which doesnt connect. I mean, i have never used an android since almost 5 years but never have seen high end Samsung devices among any of my circle. All i have heard is, after a year, the device lags a lot.
Old 6th November 2018, 01:55   #28080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
For a hearing impaired persion, like me, can someone suggest a phone with very good clarity of the earpiece? ... ... ...
My hearing problem: High-frequency hearing loss. My hearing now falls off from a mere 1kH. For quite a while now, I've been asking my wife to make and take phone calls for me. Sometimes I could hear them, sometimes not.

My latest phone is Mi A1, and, unless the caller has background noise, a strange-to-me accent, or call-centre motor-mouth syndrome, I can hear. I have not actually plugged headphones into this phone and listened to music yet, so can't comment on that aspect of the audio.

If your hearing loss is anything like mine, you might check out this phone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks