Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 14:18   #28036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys,

I have a couple of years old Oneplus 3 which is running fine.

However, to be honest i am starting to get bored of it. I also notice the battery life is not as good as it was used to be when new.

The problem which i face is that my budget is limited to 20-25k and in that range there is no mobile phone which offers similar performance as the Oneplus3, and most importantly, has Dash/Fast charging support.

If there is one feature which i absolutely love about the OnePlus3 is the dash charging. Does any phone in the sub-25k range have such feature along with good performance?
Old 31st October 2018, 14:24   #28037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ouch :-( Very sorry to hear that. Were you using the phone naked? (i.e. the phone, not you!)

Although Samsung made the metal rim of the S9/Note9 grippier than the 8s, it is still a slippery phone overall.

17.5k is a big sum, though not unexpectedly or unusually high. Check your phone purchase info to see if any screen protection plan was offered when you bought it (e.g. Acko screen protection), since I recall seeing some of those offered for free/a nominal sum in the recent Flipkart/Amazon sales.
I was using it with the case supplied in the box. The screen protection plan is eligible only after 10 days of purchase and amazon has to inform about our purchase to Acko. Both didnt happen. Anyways a big lesson learnt and first thing after getting the phone back is getting an otterbox case or similar one and protecting my phone.
Old 31st October 2018, 14:33   #28038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
As luck would have it, today i broke the display of my 5 days old note 9!! Shelling out 17,500 for the replacement!! Need to get a proper case and screen guard once the phone is back.
Doesn't Samsung replace the display once, free of charge, during the warranty period? Have been hearing this in their advertisements. Or, is it only for some of their phones?
Old 31st October 2018, 14:54   #28039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Doesn't Samsung replace the display once, free of charge, during the warranty period? Have been hearing this in their advertisements. Or, is it only for some of their phones?
It was for a particular period and phones only. Not the recently launched note 9. I asked the service center for a discount. He will check on that and let me know while delivery.
Old 31st October 2018, 15:32   #28040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways a big lesson learnt and first thing after getting the phone back is getting an otterbox case or similar one and protecting my phone.
And here I am, trying to explain in vain to friends and family why I kept my iPad confined to its box for four full days after getting it express-delivered .

All my devices are protected with bullet-proof jackets; they appear ugly, bulky and boring but have survived multiple falls through my butter fingers.

Wish you had used a good case or had had the fall after ten days!
Old 31st October 2018, 20:40   #28041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
And here I am, trying to explain in vain to friends and family why I kept my iPad confined to its box for four full days after getting it express-delivered .

All my devices are protected with bullet-proof jackets; they appear ugly, bulky and boring but have survived multiple falls through my butter fingers.

Wish you had used a good case or had had the fall after ten days!

True!! I agree with you on protection for our gadgets!! Today was my unlucky day! On the other hand, i got the phone already. Will get a case first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 31st October 2018, 20:46   #28042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
got the phone already. Will get a case first thing tomorrow morning.
How much was the monetary damage? Hope the replacement screen works well - without any glitches. Meanwhile, do handle the phone with care until tomorrow morning .
Old 31st October 2018, 20:49   #28043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
How much was the monetary damage? Hope the replacement screen works well - without any glitches. Meanwhile, do handle the phone with care until tomorrow morning .
Same what was quoted earlier - 17187. The replacement screen came with a thin screen protector. The replacement screen works fine without any issues. Tomorrow its holiday in Bangalore, so i need to wait till evening to get the case

Last edited by sairamboko : 31st October 2018 at 20:52.
Old 31st October 2018, 21:27   #28044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

I have a couple of years old Oneplus 3 which is running fine.

However, to be honest i am starting to get bored of it. I also notice the battery life is not as good as it was used to be when new.

The problem which i face is that my budget is limited to 20-25k and in that range there is no mobile phone which offers similar performance as the Oneplus3, and most importantly, has Dash/Fast charging support.

If there is one feature which i absolutely love about the OnePlus3 is the dash charging. Does any phone in the sub-25k range have such feature along with good performance?
Call up every croma dealer in NCR for old stock of base model of OnePlus 6. Or buy a used OnePlus 6 for 20ish.
I was lucky to get it (new)for 27k during the Amazon sale
Old 1st November 2018, 09:02   #28045
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a cheap phablet with the biggest screen possible. Any thoughts on the Honor 10 or upcoming Mi Max 3?
Old 1st November 2018, 09:42   #28046
Distinguished - BHPian

Nokia 6.1 Plus or Motorola One Power?

Main requirements are decent camera, battery life, quick charge time.

Nokia:
1) Looks better than the Motorola with good build quality.
2) Better camera.
3) Frequent updates.
4) Small battery is a concern here.
5) Many negative reviews on FK (same for Motorola as well).

Motorola One Power:
1) Looks decent and I like the bigger screen when compared to Nokia.
2) Battery - that's the main highlight for me.
3) Mixed reviews on the camera. Not as good as Nokia I guess?
4) They are known for delayed/no updates.
5) Build quality not as good as Nokia.
6) I could find only one recommendation here on TeamBHP. No one else mentioned on this.

Am comparing all these with my OP5, so looking something close to it. Budget is 15k-16k.
Old 1st November 2018, 10:12   #28047
Senior - BHPian

I would go for the Nokia 6.1 plus unless you are a heavy user and need a big battery. The Nokia 6.1 plus should easily last one day for moderate users. The design itself is worth 15K (available at 13.5K in Flipkart). Also, Nokia is very good with updates.

I was just checking the Google Camera port for Nokia 6.1 plus and it completely transforms the camera and puts it at par with the best in the midrange phones. Also, since I like compact and one-hand friendly phones, I prefer the 6.1 plus
Old 1st November 2018, 10:13   #28048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looking for a cheap phablet with the biggest screen possible. Any thoughts on the Honor 10 or upcoming Mi Max 3?
My vote would be for the Mi Max 3. I have used Mi Max 2 and really liked MIUI as well as the screen size. Also, Xiaomi is much better in terms of updates compared to Honor. Mi Max 3 is an upgrade in all aspects but there seems to be eerie silence about its India launch. There was a tweet in Sep about the global launch but nothing after that. Do you have any info about it?
Old 1st November 2018, 10:26   #28049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Same what was quoted earlier - 17187. The replacement screen came with a thin screen protector. The replacement screen works fine without any issues. Tomorrow its holiday in Bangalore, so i need to wait till evening to get the case
Sorry to hear about that. Phones sold via Amazon are/were being offered with a screen (one-time) damage repair insurance plan; rough cost ~600Rs. This is offered by Acko Insurance, for a one-time repair. Maybe something like that in addition might give you peace of mind going forward.

Btw I finally downloaded the Google Pixel 2/3 camera app with the Night Sight. Works flawlessly! Still to do a proper comparison test between both cameras.
Old 1st November 2018, 10:58   #28050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Nokia 6.1 Plus or Motorola One Power?

Main requirements are decent camera, battery life, quick charge time.

Nokia:
1) Looks better than the Motorola with good build quality.
2) Better camera.
3) Frequent updates.
4) Small battery is a concern here.
5) Many negative reviews on FK (same for Motorola as well).

Motorola One Power:
1) Looks decent and I like the bigger screen when compared to Nokia.
2) Battery - that's the main highlight for me.
3) Mixed reviews on the camera. Not as good as Nokia I guess?
4) They are known for delayed/no updates.
5) Build quality not as good as Nokia.
6) I could find only one recommendation here on TeamBHP. No one else mentioned on this.

Am comparing all these with my OP5, so looking something close to it. Budget is 15k-16k.
Moto has the better camera hardware and pics seem to be much better than Nokia 6.1 plus, going by the reviews. Nokia 6.1 Plus has pretty bad reviews for camera. Installing Google Camera apk does improve it significantly. Not sure if Google cam works on Motorola One Power.

As far as updates are concerned, Moto has a poor track record, but this phone is in Android One program so it is expected to get fast updates. I also like the Moto gestures for flashlight, camera etc.

Overall, I would lean towards the Motorola One Power, though i prefer the design and size of Nokia 6.1 plus.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks