Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 08:53   #27886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The S8 can be had for ~30k on sale, and no, I don't have one. Probably a good idea to wait for Pixel 3 to look for offers on the 2?
Whoa, the S8 at 30k is great. That said, given that you're accustomed to stock Android, yeah, wait for the Pixel 2 price cuts & offers to roll in. (Skip the Pixel 2 XL, I've heard that the OLED panel made by LG is rubbish, the smaller 2 uses Samsung panels).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Pixel 3 launched yesterday and ridiculous pricing for India! Starts from INR 71,000. For the same price, once can get Note 9 or even iphone X during the sale. Google should price competitively if they want pixel to be a success.
The Pixel has always been priced a bit on the higher side. That said, it has its fans because it is bone stock Android, and more importantly, it shows Android in exactly the way Google envisioned it. More importantly, Google's camera capabilities in software (built up over analysis of the billions of photos that Google has access to, no doubt) really move the needle in demonstrating what can be done with a single camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
For me the gesture navigation was easy to adapt as I was using a iPhone X as well (work phone). Overall they just made the whole experience more user-friendly.

Last edited by arunphilip : 10th October 2018 at 08:57.
Old 10th October 2018, 09:33   #27887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

The Pixel has always been priced a bit on the higher side. That said, it has its fans because it is bone stock Android, and more importantly, it shows Android in exactly the way Google envisioned it. More importantly, Google's camera capabilities in software (built up over analysis of the billions of photos that Google has access to, no doubt) really move the needle in demonstrating what can be done with a single camera.

True!! HDFC is offering crazy discounts during the flipkart sale for mobiles. The instant 10% cashback is maximum upto INR 2,500. If the product value is more than 40,000 then additional INR 2,500 discount. This means one can get a pixel 2 XL for 35k. Sale price is 40k. This sound like a great deal.
Old 10th October 2018, 10:51   #27888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Probably a good idea to wait for Pixel 3 to look for offers on the 2?
Yes, probably a good idea! I have the 2XL and its just brilliant. My wife is not a fan of the camera though – the photos look way too real compared to her Note 8
I do miss the lack of dual SIM option though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Skip the Pixel 2 XL, I've heard that the OLED panel made by LG is rubbish, the smaller 2 uses Samsung panels.
I have not experienced any issues with the screen in my 3 months’ usage. I do remember issues reported on the initial batches. If I remember correctly the smaller Pixel 2 is by HTC.
Old 10th October 2018, 13:32   #27889
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
True!! HDFC is offering crazy discounts during the flipkart sale for mobiles. The instant 10% cashback is maximum upto INR 2,500. If the product value is more than 40,000 then additional INR 2,500 discount.
This is just amazing.

I am now wondering if I should be buying the LG G7+ ThinQ with their Buyback Guarantee. With all the HDFC discounts I get it for 35k, and when I upgrade within 8 months, I get 36k back for it.
Old 10th October 2018, 13:44   #27890
Senior - BHPian

The only issue with LG is their software implementation. A few months of use and the phone becomes clunky and slow. Takes away from that premium experience. Also their battery is nothing to speak about.

Last edited by bigron : 10th October 2018 at 13:45.
Old 10th October 2018, 15:00   #27891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
The only issue with LG is their software implementation. A few months of use and the phone becomes clunky and slow. Takes away from that premium experience. Also their battery is nothing to speak about.
I have been using LG V30+ for the last 10 months and haven't seen any lag, the camera is very good and the audio output with a high impedance earphone due to the quad dac is out of this world. I believe G7 Thinq comes with similar features. Also, I have installed nova launcher and haven't been really bothered by the LG Skin. Hope this helps.
Old 10th October 2018, 17:51   #27892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I also have the V30+ that is used by my wife and believe me I've not seen any lag or slowdowns whatsoever. It's a wonderful phone and very much underrated. Software is a bit clunky but LG have been cleaning up their act. With the latest updates It's better than what it came with.

I got my S9 today morning and my God what an amazing device! The screen is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Coming from the Xiaomi Mi5, I can really feel the difference in quality.
Old 10th October 2018, 18:07   #27893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I got my S9 today morning and my God what an amazing device! The screen is absolutely drop dead gorgeous!
I know that feeling . The way the screen disappears into the bezels on the top and bottom, and just curves away into nothingness on the sides.

I intentionally use a plain black background on my phone just to highlight the AMOLED blackness and enhance that seamless feeling.
Old 10th October 2018, 19:03   #27894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I got my S9 today morning and my God what an amazing device! The screen is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Coming from the Xiaomi Mi5, I can really feel the difference in quality.
True it's difficult to explain people why Samsungs costs so much when you get Mis, Realmes, Vivos, and Oppos for less than half the cost.
Its something to experience. Thanks to the new iphones and Pixels, even the top of the line Note9, Note 8 and S9 feel amazing VFM.
Old 10th October 2018, 19:10   #27895
Senior - BHPian

I guess I had a different experience with the brief time I had with the G7. But as long as it works for the owner, it is great.
I have the S9+, and its good. The screen is indeed nice to use. But its a slow phone, period. All that visual eye candy takes it toll I guess.
Old 10th October 2018, 19:18   #27896
BHPian

Just bought a S9 today on Amazon BB sale.

Changing from iOS to Android after 9 years as I got the divine enlightenment during the Iphone XS launch video.

Ok so i could easily transfer all my stuff from iphone to the S9 but only the whatsapp messages I cannot transfer.

I saw some online videos but could not do any of the stuff. I took the full backup on whatsapp, icloud but could not see the google drive option in iphone. On the S9 I cannot find any option to migrate too. And now the whatsapp messages keep coming on the iphone while all other things are done on S9 which is strange.

It may sound noob but this is the only problem I couldn't overcome. All the other things were easily transferred from Samsung Switch and Google.

Last edited by The Great : 10th October 2018 at 19:24.
Old 10th October 2018, 20:07   #27897
BHPian

Somehow I have never found the Pixels convincing. It seems like Google felt that they should reap kind of the benefits that Apple is getting by selling their own phones. And I feel its ironic that we have to pay more money to get manufacturers to put no bloatware on the phones. Don't get me wrong, I love the pure Android experience of my Android one phone and the Nexus 5X before that. The Nexus carried immense value. It too gave excellent camera experience without charging an arm and a leg. End of the day, the Pixels are just overpriced stock Android phones.
Old 10th October 2018, 20:41   #27898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post

It may sound noob but this is the only problem I couldn't overcome. All the other things were easily transferred from Samsung Switch and Google.
This may work...just try

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...droid-3682764/
Old 11th October 2018, 01:34   #27899
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered POCO F1 Graphite Black 6GB/64GB for better half through FlipKart. Got it for 18899/- after HDFC 10% discount. Delivery expected by Oct 16th. Finger tightly crossed.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:03   #27900
Senior - BHPian

As long as your piece does not suffer from the light bleed issue from the bottom of the screen, you are going to have a wonderful time with it. They have a very nice launcher running on the F1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks