Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:22   #12886
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I am using bsnl bb. You mean to say, i need to login to the router gateway link and then try connecting? Have you overcome the problem now? Thanks :-)
Are you using "always on" or bridge mode for your BB? Simply said, are you using a dialler on your PC to connect to internet?
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:23   #12887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Noob question. I need some help with wi-fi connections. So, I bought myself a wi-fi router and connected the phone to network. Everything worked fine. Now, when I restart either (comp or phone), the phone detects the wifi connection and gets connected. However, there is no data transfer- I cant use the net. Somebody please help.

Moto Atrix2 on stock Ginger bread.

Using the WPA/WPA2 security type.
You will need to configure the router with the settings provided by your ISP. This can only be done via a PC. Once that's done you'll be able to use wi-fi.
Old 3rd December 2012, 11:35   #12888
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using HUAWEI HONOR? at 14k the spec looks very nice. however i was not very impressed with the build quality. the back panel felt/look bit cheap...

I was also impressed with HUAWEI IDEOS X5+ specs, camera dint seem to be very good.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:22   #12889
BHPian

anyone using CM10 ROM for Galaxy S2?

I have been using CM9 nightly builds for a long time and so just to get the JB experience I am now planning on upgrading it CM10. I have just been holding off from doing so as I have way too much data to backup. I might still go ahead and upgrade it this week but was wondering if anyone else here already did it.

p.s: I installed JB on my Motorola Xoom and I absolutely love it.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:27   #12890
Senior - BHPian

My fiancée gifted me a Note 2 on my bday last month and am loving the experience. Apart from the size its the perfect phone to have imho. My curve 9360 feels ancient now.
Since am still a noob when it comes to Android devices iv not yet explored the phablet properly ,will keep coming back to this thread now.
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:54   #12891
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how to add gtalk to JB based WIUI ROM? Its not available anywhere on the play store
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:28   #12892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Any idea how to add gtalk to JB based WIUI ROM? Its not available anywhere on the play store
If your base rom is JB, then please check out the minimal JB apps links on quarx's CM10 thread. These minimal gapps works great & also saves space in /system partition.

Simply download the zip in your sd card & flash using recovery.
Else, use ES file explorer & open that zip, & install only the gtalk as required.
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:43   #12893

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys my one month old Xperia Tipo's 3.5mm audio jack isn't working since today evening. it just doesn't recognize anything that is plugged in and plays music through the phone's loudspeaker.

tried it with Sony earphones, Sony headphones, Samsung earphones and my car's aux cable, all of which work properly with my ipod.

Is there any quick fix? im afraid the service centre guys might keep the phone for long for the warranty claim.
Try headphone jack after un-installing Smart Connect (LiveWare™Mgr) which is pre-installed on phone. I also found ear-piece stopped functioning once headphone jack was removed, it seems phone was still providing inputs to headphone instead of ear-piece.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:37   #12894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
I'm planning to get an Android phone, my budget is 18K max. I'm currently using a BB Curve, and this would be my first experience with Android. Please suggest me a good phone within the range
Xperia U will be good buy & well within the price band. I was seriously considering this model. Except memory space, this has almost every good feature you can get in 15-20k mobiles. Even this has front cam Fyi.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:54   #12895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcxyz07306 View Post
Try headphone jack after un-installing Smart Connect (LiveWare™Mgr) which is pre-installed on phone. I also found ear-piece stopped functioning once headphone jack was removed, it seems phone was still providing inputs to headphone instead of ear-piece.
it's not really possible to completely
uninstall the app. I have the option of
uninstalling the new updates for that app.
the older version has the option of
enabling or disabling but I can't uninstall
it.
I tried disabling it but still the problem
persists.
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:11   #12896
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to get an Android phone, my budget is 18K max. I'm currently using a BB Curve, and this would be my first experience with Android. Please suggest me a good phone within the range
You won't get anything better than the Atrix 2 for this price. It's super value for money now at Rs. 17299.

Available here: http://www.flipkart.com/motorola-atr...6-0a5bc24bfbd3
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:42   #12897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
Xperia U will be good buy & well within the price band. I was seriously considering this model. Except memory space, this has almost every good feature you can get in 15-20k mobiles. Even this has front cam Fyi.
I was using the Xperia Sola and I used to keep the gprs on all day. Using Whatsapp, checking emails and fb. While doing all this I used to struggle to get through the day on the one charge. I think the battery size in the Xperia sola and the xperia U is the same, so if you plan to use your phone a little more than moderately then battery could be an issue.
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:58   #12898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
I was using the Xperia Sola and I used to keep the gprs on all day. Using Whatsapp, checking emails and fb. While doing all this I used to struggle to get through the day on the one charge. I think the battery size in the Xperia sola and the xperia U is the same, so if you plan to use your phone a little more than moderately then battery could be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
You won't get anything better than the Atrix 2 for this price. It's super value for money now at Rs. 17299.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshnr View Post
I'm totally confused right now. Xperia U is a brilliant phone, even I was thinking about buying the same, but 8 GB internal memory put me off. Motorola have closed shop, so I'm a bit skeptical about buying their phones right now.

My friend is planning to sell his Nokia X7 and I was thinking about getting it. Admit it's not android, it's Nokia and all but I really liked the design and build of the phone. And I really wanna check out the Windows 8 phones, So planning to use X7 as a stop gap arrangement till then.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:19   #12899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
I was using the Xperia Sola and I used to keep the gprs on all day. While doing all this I used to struggle to get through the day on the one charge..
Hi Amrisharm
I think not many expect more than a day's charge in Android Smarties. Hope I'm not generalising too much.

Quote:
I'm totally confused right now. Xperia U is a brilliant phone, even I was thinking about buying the same, but 8 GB internal memory put me off. Motorola have closed shop, so I'm a bit skeptical about buying their phones right now.

I really wanna check out the Windows 8 phones, So planning to use X7 as a stop gap arrangement till then.

Hi Neerajpv

For me memory was not a deal breaker at all. And it purely depends on your requirements.
My device has got 16+16 gigs. I love carrying videos and tonnes of images. After months of usage I have realised that so much is a bit too much.
I do offload pics and videos and reload with new ones. I'm sure you too would do that for backup or otherwise.
I think U has 8 GB = 2 for system, 2 for apps and 4 for your files. I'm still happy with my 2GB ipod nano which holds ~400+ songs.

Let us know your views on X7 too. Personally I would recommend an android ecosystem.
Old 3rd December 2012, 19:23   #12900
Team-BHP Support

On my Ginger Bread, I get this call, contacts, sms, apps icons on the bottom of the screen.

How do I remove the call and contacts icons?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks