Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 07:04   #12916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

Pressing the 4 icons on the bottom of the page does nothing like that.
The rest of the icons get drag enabled when long pressed.
Oh,stock launcher.
Try this
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...-launcher-dock

Or you could put in zeam as your launcher.very light,quite customizable.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:37   #12917
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
BB get a third party Launcher app, you can play with a lot of stuff. Try Go launcher, pretty decent one, also allows you to change scrolling between screen animations

Go Launcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Oh,stock launcher.
Try this
http://android.stackexchange.com/que...-launcher-dock

Or you could put in zeam as your launcher.very light,quite customizable.

I installed Launch pro. It worked like a charm. Press the middle button and the phone would ask you if you want Launch Pro or the Standard UI.
But my daughter trumped the s/w by selecting Standard and also selecting the use this as default.

I tried to undo this but failed.

While messing around with my phone, I used Edit from the Apps page instead of the Homepage.

The four icons appeared on the bottom. I removed the phone and contacts. They were removed from the home screen.

Uninstalled Launch pro as I don't need it anymore.
Old 4th December 2012, 23:00   #12918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Google talk is already included in MIUI/WIUI ROMs. If not you can simply download from play Store.

Afaik there ain't an option to separately flash minimal gapps in MIUI/WIUI. Also, I didn't need to do any such thing in the Ginger Bread version. I see no reason why JB version should be differently built.
I couldn't find gtalk anywhere on play store. JB based WIUI ROM definitely didn't have gtalk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Umm err if you go back a few pages I had suggested you to try the 2.5.27 version GB ROM of Wajk! The ICS or JB Rom ain't at all stable or good for daily use.

Now you have to do a complete wipe and flash the GB one. Remember to do a cache, dalvik and battery stats wipe as well after flashing.
You did and I thought why not get the latest ROM when I could. Had no idea that by Beta version they really meant Beta!!

Let me see if I can figure out the complete wipe process now, if not will come back.
Old 4th December 2012, 23:10   #12919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Pressing the 4 icons on the bottom of the page does nothing like that.
The rest of the icons get drag enabled when long pressed.
if it's on the lock screen that your trying to modify then go to settings-> lock screen-> lock screen options.

If it's on home screen then you should be able to press for few secs and it will open up app options.
Old 4th December 2012, 23:40   #12920
Senior - BHPian

So how do I go about doing a complete wipe? Wish to uninstall JB based WIUI and install GB based WIUI
Old 5th December 2012, 01:18   #12921
BHPian

Since no one posted a response to my earlier query, I went ahead and updated my S2 to CM10. Below is what has happened.

I tried CM 10 on my mobile and boy I was in for a surprise.

Android Keyboard (AOSP) was failing and since that is the only default stock keyboard, I can't type in anything. Irritatingly, it kept on showing those darn alerts saying that the process stopped unexpectedly. I used cm-10-20121204-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip ROM. Thinking that it could be an issue with this ROM, I used cm-10-20121202-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip as well. It too failed on me.

I then thought perhaps it could be due to a faulty gapps package and so I tried out other versions as well and the same issue persisted. In CM10, other than seeing the NEW boot screen, I just couldn't use anything.

I wanted to go back to ICS but then I thought, since I am already in this mess, why not try out some other ROM. I have always been a huge admirer of Cyanogen and Team EOS ROMs and they worked so well for me that I never even bothered to try out other ROMS out there.

Now since CM10 is a let down, I felt that this is a good oppurtunity for me to try out something new. My next immediate target was to try out X-TremE JB AOKP. I heard that it was a very good ROM but never bothered to try it out. I immediately downloaded the entire file (nearly around 500MB) and copied it to my SDCard.

I booted my device in recovery mode and started the install. During the installation process, I had the option to choose different launchers and different kernels. I choose CM kernel and Apex, Nova as the launchers.

Initial Impressions
Superb is the word. It worked perfectly and its pretty fast. I have tons of options in the settings menu to customize everything. The only thing that I hate about this is the boot screen animation. Looks like I have to do something about it.

I will post some screenshots tomorrow. Hope this helps someone
Old 5th December 2012, 02:03   #12922
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am facing a weird issue on my S3, when i go to review any app, the keyboard(stock) occupies the Ok & Cancel button & the review window does not scroll, so I am unable to submit app feedback. Any way to withdraw keyboard in such scenarios?
Old 5th December 2012, 02:33   #12923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Guys I am facing a weird issue on my S3, when i go to review any app, the keyboard(stock) occupies the Ok & Cancel button & the review window does not scroll, so I am unable to submit app feedback. Any way to withdraw keyboard in such scenarios?
You should be able to just click back to get the keyboard away. Then you can click OK to submit your review.
Old 5th December 2012, 02:35   #12924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
You should be able to just click back to get the keyboard away. Then you can click OK to submit your review.
Tried that, does not work, it removes the review window too.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:45   #12925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
Since no one posted a response to my earlier query, I went ahead and updated my S2 to CM10. Below is what has happened.
Thanks for the update! My friend wants to root and install a custom ROM on his S2 and wanted my help. How did you root? Using SuperOneClick and the kernel vulnerability?

Do post screenshots of the ROM you have installed.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:43   #12926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks for the update! My friend wants to root and install a custom ROM on his S2 and wanted my help. How did you root? Using SuperOneClick and the kernel vulnerability?

Do post screenshots of the ROM you have installed.

I rooted my mobile long back using ODIN and the next immediate thing that I did was installed a custom ROM. For that chose CM-9 ICS and opted for a nightly build instead of a stable release. I was curious to see what new features the nightly build has and hence chose nightly over a stable release.

The ICS experience was superb. Although I liked touchwiz, I simply loved the stock interface in ICS. The way we can create folders just by dragging and dropping over other icons is simply a amazing feature. I know it's such a basic feature but still it's awesome.

Coming back to the JB experience, I am still loving the new X-TremE JB AOKP ROM. Since yesterday I reinstalled the same ROM multiple times using different settings/options. The mobile has become new again . Below are the screenshots.

The Lock Screen

Name:  1.png
Views: 1473
Size:  606.8 KB

Home Screen
(Notice the charging animation. This can be enabled from the settings)

Name:  2.png
Views: 1524
Size:  600.9 KB

App drawer
(I set the transparency levels manually to give that effect)

Name:  3.png
Views: 1468
Size:  489.3 KB

Settings

Name:  4.png
Views: 1395
Size:  257.1 KB

Google Now
(works really well)

Name:  5.png
Views: 1338
Size:  81.7 KB

Notification drawer
(Now supports Pinch to zoom- Notifications can be expanded / collapsed)

Name:  6.png
Views: 1309
Size:  125.6 KB

Notification drawer

Name:  7.png
Views: 1383
Size:  192.1 KB

I am working on installing a different boot animation for this device. I will update the video later.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:50   #12927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
So how do I go about doing a complete wipe? Wish to uninstall JB based WIUI and install GB based WIUI
To go back to GB from JB, do a full dara wipe, wipe cache n dalvik, install GB miui zip from sd, wipe cache & dalvik again.

Make sure you backup your sms & contacts begore doing this. You can use titanium backup for other apps like whatsapp, fb etc..
Old 5th December 2012, 14:45   #12928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69
Boot into recovery from the reboot menu itself. Go to custom recovery. I think the second option is Wipe Data / factory reset. That will format your phone or what is called a full wipe.

Then do a install zip from SD Card select Wajkiui 2.5.27 (I strongly recommend this version even though 2 updates have been released). After the ROM Install is compliance, do a Wipe Cache. Then go to Advanced, Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Battery Stats and finally reboot.

Before doing all this, do take a backup of calls and SMS through the relevant apps and use Titanium Backup for app+data backup.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:11   #12929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
I rooted my mobile long back using ODIN and the next immediate thing that I did was installed a custom ROM. For that chose CM-9 ICS and opted for a nightly build instead of a stable release. I was curious to see what new features the nightly build has and hence chose nightly over a stable release.

The ICS experience was superb. Although I liked touchwiz, I simply loved the stock interface in ICS. The way we can create folders just by dragging and dropping over other icons is simply a amazing feature. I know it's such a basic feature but still it's awesome.

Coming back to the JB experience, I am still loving the new X-TremE JB AOKP ROM. Since yesterday I reinstalled the same ROM multiple times using different settings/options. The mobile has become new again . Below are the screenshots.
Thanks so much for taking the time to post up the screen-shots! Will show em to my friend and ask him to decide on the X-TremE JB AOKP ROM maybe.

Not sure why CM10 is not stable yet. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I had CM9 on my P500 and was great. Love the simple style of CM9.

The screenshots and options look great on X-TremE JB AOKP ROM. Thanks again.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:57   #12930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to post up the screen-shots! Will show em to my friend and ask him to decide on the X-TremE JB AOKP ROM maybe.

Not sure why CM10 is not stable yet. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. I had CM9 on my P500 and was great. Love the simple style of CM9.

The screenshots and options look great on X-TremE JB AOKP ROM. Thanks again.
No problem. Glad you found it useful. As always, dont forget to take a backup before doing anything. I suppose this is something that you already know. Good Luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks