Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 16:43   #13666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey Guys,

FInally updated my trusty Nokia E63 and have gone Android with the Samsung Galaxy S3, I am completly noob in terms of Android. Are there any pointers to consider for the optimum useage of the phone.

So far I am facing one issue, I have syncd the phone with my FB and Gmail account. Now the contact book shows Multiple names for different apps, meaning the: 1 for FB, 1 for Gmail, 1 for whatsapp and 1 for Phone numbers. I am unable to link these 4 together to show 1 name and all info in that. Need help in sorting this issue!
Welcome to Android. the issue you are facing is pretty common and i guess most android users have been through that at some point.

The below link shall help you merge / join your contacts.

http://support.google.com/android/bi...&answer=168483

Regards,
Old 1st February 2013, 16:50   #13667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey Guys,

FInally updated my trusty Nokia E63 and have gone Android with the Samsung Galaxy S3, I am completly noob in terms of Android. Are there any pointers to consider for the optimum useage of the phone.

So far I am facing one issue, I have syncd the phone with my FB and Gmail account. Now the contact book shows Multiple names for different apps, meaning the: 1 for FB, 1 for Gmail, 1 for whatsapp and 1 for Phone numbers. I am unable to link these 4 together to show 1 name and all info in that. Need help in sorting this issue!
Try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...scleaner&hl=en
Old 1st February 2013, 23:12   #13668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, which android phone, Main use is camera,whatsapp, music and bit of surfing. Budget near about 16-17k.

Need to gift someone and it has to be android. I am looking forward to Xperia Neo L, One V, Desire X.

Among them One V has best camera, Already have tested them and inclined towards One V.

Even i am using it too

Any more suggestion ?

P.S No xolo X900, To whom i want to gift, doesn't want one, Just because of lava name with it
So, guys ended up buying HTC 8s, windows 8 phone. At store, we fall in love with it in first look itself and I am very much impressed with this device. UI is pretty smooth and no lags et all like android. Awesome phone and I am impressed with Windows.

Only downside is lack of apps available in store, otherwise, I will pick windows over android anyday.

My dad was looking forward to buy his first smartphone with around 17-18k budget and we will be getting HTC 8s for him as well
Old 2nd February 2013, 08:04   #13669
BHPian

Quote:

So, guys ended up buying HTC 8s, windows 8 phone. At store, we fall in love with it in first look itself and I am very much impressed with this device. UI is pretty smooth and no lags et all like android. Awesome phone and I am impressed with Windows.

Only downside is lack of apps available in store, otherwise, I will pick windows over android anyday.

My dad was looking forward to buy his first smartphone with around 17-18k budget and we will be getting HTC 8s for him as well
How's the battery life? Please put up a short review.
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:42   #13670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

*cough cough*

:-)

Good show sirjee. Congratulations!

Help me understand which of the apps you had previously installed is NOT available on WP? Mind you - imagine my plight. moved to BB - its appstore is practically defunct - not even letting me pay for an app i wanna buy!!
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:47   #13671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Put up a review at the Windows mobile thread
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:47   #13672
Senior - BHPian

When is the Xperia Z going to hit our shores?
And what sort of pricing can be expected,i will give it a pass if it is priced around 40K
Old 2nd February 2013, 15:19   #13673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
When is the Xperia Z going to hit our shores?
And what sort of pricing can be expected,i will give it a pass if it is priced around 40K
Price will be similar to Droid Butterfly 45k MRP
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:45   #13674
Distinguished - BHPian

That's almost the price in the uk after vat, 529 pounds. Has to be a bit cheaper here. I think this phone kills the butterfly with its water and dust resistance. And it should come here sometime in march...
Old 2nd February 2013, 23:21   #13675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
How's the battery life? Please put up a short review.
Unfortunately, I bought this phone for my sister in law and it was with me for just few hours, So by the time, i got a bit comfortable with the phone, It went away.

But for few hours, i used this phone. Battery consumption was lesser then i have in my One V. With 3-4 hours of continuous usage, wifi and downloading apps and all, All i lost was 20%.

It gets a 1700mah battery, with moderate usage IMO, should last you a day and half easily.

But, man i am in love with it's UI, so much that i got W8 launcher in my android, so that i don't miss, W8 too much

It's a bit complex to use, compared to ios and android, but once you get hang of it, It's damn awesome to use. No lags and all, in opening closing of apps, like we face in android.

And this was with 512 MB of ram and dual core krait processor. I guess, i should stop saying good things about windows phone, before android guys gets pissed off

Once i get this device for my dad, will surely post a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
*cough cough*

:-)

Good show sirjee. Congratulations!

Help me understand which of the apps you had previously installed is NOT available on WP? Mind you - imagine my plight. moved to BB - its appstore is practically defunct - not even letting me pay for an app i wanna buy!!
I knew your comment was coming, Thanks.

For instance, I tried temple run, which is not there in Windows and When stock video player was unable to play .avi video file, recorded from my cam I tried finding video player, like we have Mx player in android. I didn't got satisfactory results.

But still, Key apps are there except for some. The app count is growing day by day and I am sure, it will be able to compete with play and ios store soon. *thumbs up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Put up a review at the Windows mobile thread
See, I didn't posted any review, Well almost *Evil Grin*

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:11   #13676
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I am getting a deal on galaxy note 2 for 36900 with a original Samsung flip case and a screen guard thrown into the price.

Is it a good deal?
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:39   #13677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys, I am getting a deal on galaxy note 2 for 36900 with a original Samsung flip case and a screen guard thrown into the price.

Is it a good deal?
It is and im thinking its brand new. My team member bought one with the same accessories and was billed 37800.
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:03   #13678
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a mobile phone (Main brands only) in the range of 8-10K. This is for my FIL

In a dilemma -

XPeria TIPO or Galaxy Ace S5830I or HTC Explorer or HTC WildFire S?

All the way inclined to Tipo as of now.

Camera should be at least 3MP, 5MP is not mandatory. Inputs please... !
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:08   #13679
BHPian

Quote:

Unfortunately, I bought this phone for my sister in law and it was with me for just few hours, So by the time, i got a bit comfortable with the phone, It went away.

But for few hours, i used this phone. Battery consumption was lesser then i have in my One V. With 3-4 hours of continuous usage, wifi and downloading apps and all, All i lost was 20%.

It gets a 1700mah battery, with moderate usage IMO, should last you a day and half easily.

But, man i am in love with it's UI, so much that i got W8 launcher in my android, so that i don't miss, W8 too much

It's a bit complex to use, compared to ios and android, but once you get hang of it, It's damn awesome to use. No lags and all, in opening closing of apps, like we face in android.

And this was with 512 MB of ram and dual core krait processor. I guess, i should stop saying good things about windows phone, before android guys gets pissed off

Once i get this device for my dad, will surely post a review.

I knew your comment was coming, Thanks.

For instance, I tried temple run, which is not there in Windows and When stock video player was unable to play .avi video file, recorded from my cam I tried finding video player, like we have Mx player in android. I didn't got satisfactory results.

But still, Key apps are there except for some. The app count is growing day by day and I am sure, it will be able to compete with play and ios store soon. *thumbs up*

See, I didn't posted any review, Well almost *Evil Grin*

Cheers,
Sameer
That's nice. Yes the memory management of all these devices are pretty much great. I have had chance of playing around with a Lumia 920 and yes, the UI fluidity definitely surprised. After few hours of roaming around for some apps I started feeling bored and disappointed but :( Till that day comes when the app store comes close to Play store, Android it is :-) But for minimalists WP is a great and better choice.
Old 3rd February 2013, 13:01   #13680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Looking for a mobile phone (Main brands only) in the range of 8-10K. This is for my FIL

In a dilemma -

XPeria TIPO or Galaxy Ace S5830I or HTC Explorer or HTC WildFire S?

All the way inclined to Tipo as of now.

Camera should be at least 3MP, 5MP is not mandatory. Inputs please... !
Get the Tipo. The others are outdated now.
I bought one 3 months back so you might want to check out the review which I wrote.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...eria-tipo.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks