Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2019, 16:01   #28666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Could you tell how good is the sound quality in the earphone ?
I am looking to move from LG V30+ to S10. But I am not sure if S10 sound quality is better. (V30+ has a dedicated hardware for it.)
I guess you would have to invest in an external dac like dragonfly.
Old 4th May 2019, 23:16   #28667
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi JMaruru, can I ask you what you want to do after flashing a custom recovery? Do you want to install a custom ROM? Or do you simply want an unlocked bootloader (for that you don't need TWRP or a custom recovery) (TWRP)
I need a rooted device, so that the call recording app 'ACR' works as before the upgrade to 'Pie'.

I have unlocked the boot-loader and once can flash the recovery, then can run the 'magisk' file to root the device. Herein, am stuck at getting TWRP to work, as how so ever I flash the recovery it fails to boot into TWRP recovery. Always, I am brought back to stock android recovery.

Yes, I have posted my query in XDA BUT yet to get an answer out there.
Old 7th May 2019, 09:49   #28668
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone has a general idea about how much the One plus 7 may retail at?
Old 7th May 2019, 13:09   #28669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I need a rooted device, so that the call recording app 'ACR' works as before the upgrade to 'Pie'.

Yes, I have posted my query in XDA BUT yet to get an answer out there.
Guys! Any answers!

All I need is for the call recording app 'ACR' to work as before the 'Pie' update.

Somehow the TWRP flash is NOT going through. Vol. Down + Power brings me back to Android recovery screen. If someone knows of a solution, please share.

Old 7th May 2019, 14:34   #28670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys! Any answers!

All I need is for the call recording app 'ACR' to work as before the 'Pie' update.

Somehow the TWRP flash is NOT going through. Vol. Down + Power brings me back to Android recovery screen. If someone knows of a solution, please share.

Hm since I don't have the device it's a bit difficult to diagnose.

But I don't think you should type fastboot boot recovery.img after you have already flashed the img once, it should be fastboot reboot recovery.img

Alternatively try what this post says (it's poorly written but easy to follow)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...2&postcount=36
Old 7th May 2019, 21:16   #28671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Anyone has a general idea about how much the One plus 7 may retail at?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.91m...ice-india/amp/

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 7th May 2019 at 21:20. Reason: Deleted text and added link.
Old 8th May 2019, 06:20   #28672
BHPian

The BT suggests it's blue tooth and high impedance mode do not come into effect through BT.

I have enabled DTS-X in my V30 and it improves the Bluetooth quality significantly. I'm using a Chinese TWS and very satisfied with both audio and call quality.

If you want to compare audio quality with DAC, you need a wired high impedance earphone.
Or, root it and then you can always enable high impedance mode by modifying two parameters in a file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
I dont think AKG Y50 BT has > 50 omh impedance level.

Last edited by girishv : 8th May 2019 at 06:22.
Old 8th May 2019, 09:11   #28673
BHPian

Pixel 3a released, looks interesting for me because of size , 3.5 mm jack, camera and 3 year updates. What are your thoughts friends? I will be jumping from still working MI5
Old 8th May 2019, 09:47   #28674
Senior - BHPian

Mid-range performance + high-end camera- Pixel 3a is a killer for the pricetag.

It won't kill flagships but will take sales away from many mid-rangers and potentially OnePlus devices as it has the best camera.
Old 8th May 2019, 10:01   #28675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Mid-range performance + high-end camera- Pixel 3a is a killer for the pricetag.

It won't kill flagships but will take sales away from many mid-rangers and potentially OnePlus devices as it has the best camera.
I really dont think so. No Sd card support, paltry 64GB storage, high price tag- 40k for 3a and 45k for 3aXL. I think this will appeal to a very limited audience.

Edit - Hdfc offering 10% instant discount as part of launch offer in flipkart. This will make things interesting.

Last edited by sairamboko : 8th May 2019 at 10:03.
Old 8th May 2019, 12:10   #28676
Distinguished - BHPian

The pricing is ridiculous. This phone sells for like 30k in the US. Why the hell is it being sold for so much more here?

I see these phones going down to their realistic value pretty soon during a few upcoming sales. I also expect the OP7 to launch at the 40k price give or take a few thousands.

Will hold up and wait.
Old 8th May 2019, 12:23   #28677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The pricing is ridiculous. This phone sells for like 30k in the US. Why the hell is it being sold for so much more here?

I see these phones going down to their realistic value pretty soon during a few upcoming sales. I also expect the OP7 to launch at the 40k price give or take a few thousands.

Will hold up and wait.
True. This will be DOA. Pixel has always been overpriced here and they are still not learning how to price it decently in Indian market.

I expect OP7 to launch at 45k - 47k around. Let's see.
Old 8th May 2019, 12:36   #28678
BHPian

The Pixel 3A is advertised in the US as cheaper alternative to the real Pixel. 399USD comes to under 29000INR, if the phone had come at this price, then it would have served its purpose as its cheaper than Samsung and Apple flagships. But Google has listed the phone in India for 40000INR, thats more than the price of a OnePlus 6T, and too close to the excellent Samsung Galaxy S10e.

Apple and Google prices their phones too high in India compared to its actual prices in the West. We see how YouTube reviewers were complaining of the 2000USD price tag of the Samsung Galaxy Fold, but we Indians shell out close to 2000USD for an iPhone XS Max.

The only companies that price their phones close to their international market prices are OnePlus, Samsung and Nokia, hence they are successful in India.
Old 8th May 2019, 16:48   #28679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
The BT suggests it's blue tooth and high impedance mode do not come into effect through BT.

I have enabled DTS-X in my V30 and it improves the Bluetooth quality significantly. I'm using a Chinese TWS and very satisfied with both audio and call quality.

If you want to compare audio quality with DAC, you need a wired high impedance earphone.
Or, root it and then you can always enable high impedance mode by modifying two parameters in a file.
The 3 modes on the LG series does not affect audio quality. It just amps up the volume. So if you are going to trigger high imp mode with a low imp device then it would be at the risk of your ears/device.
Old 8th May 2019, 19:01   #28680
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Anybody using an extender for the S8. I bought an Arya Hybrid adapter. Did not work. I any member has one which works then please advise. What I discovered is that the SIM has to be on the extension.

Which Brand & from where?
Jacking it up again. No responses so far. I need to add RAM while retaining the two SIMs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks