Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 14:06   #28591
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I decided to go with the S10 simply for the fact that the new Samsung UI looks nicer than that of Huawei.
Got the S10 over the weekend - Prism Green, 128 GB. Always buy black phones and this time thought of the Prism White but that looked a bit too chic for me. The metallic hues of the green looked nice.

First impression – the UI is much better, doesn’t feel cumbersome when used side by side with my Pixel 2 XL. And the size is really good; I am happy that I did not go with the larger S10+.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 1042
Size:  459.6 KB
Old 9th April 2019, 16:47   #28592
BHPian

Unable to find Spigen cases for S10 and S10+ on Amazon. They used to be available for all premium models till now. But not for S10 family now.

Does anyone has any info where one can get then for S10/S10+.
Old 9th April 2019, 16:53   #28593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Unable to find Spigen cases for S10 and S10+ on Amazon. They used to be available for all premium models till now. But not for S10 family now.

I think you can get them from AliExpress.
Old 9th April 2019, 16:53   #28594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Have you considered Ringke? I have tried them for my earlier phones and they are as good as Spigen.

Link to Amazon
Old 9th April 2019, 19:12   #28595
BHPian

Dropped my Honor 9i couple of times and the screen is broken , adding to that I was facing the lack of storage wirh 64 GB space with no separate slot for SD card. So guess it's time for a new phone.

In line with my policy I would like to most possibly stick for a within 20k range, unless something really excites me much I can spend another upto 5k.

My priorities are -

- 128 GB internal memory or if there is a third slot for SD card then 64 GB space is also fine

- Clean UI as for as possible. For some reason I don't like the UIs of Mis, Redmis, Vivo etc. Currently use Honor 9i and I am mostly fine with its UI and some of the pre loaded Apps.

- Fast charging is a good to have, though it's not a mandatory requirement

- Good camera setup, both rear and front

- Decent chip. I don't use mobile for gaming and high performance is not a mandatory requirement.

I was looking at Honor 8X which seems to tick many boxes here except the fast charging. Is there any other options which I am missing. I also looked at Honor Play but lack of 128 GB option is a bummer.

I am not fine with Xiaomi, Redmi, Vivo, Oppo.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 9th April 2019 at 19:15.
Old 9th April 2019, 19:23   #28596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Currently use Honor 9i and I am mostly fine with its UI and some of the pre loaded Apps.
Spend a bit more and get the Honor 10. Is available for ~24K at Flipkart.
Old 9th April 2019, 19:40   #28597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dropped ----snip---
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

KK
I dropped my 9i and broke the screen too. Moved to the 8x. If, like you said, fast charging is not a deal breaker, get the 6gb/128 GB one like I did for 18k.plus, it's does not have the hybrid slot nonsense. My 8x has 256 GB in all, so I think it's going to be some time before I have to take a backup. Camera is especially fantastic. It's slightly better than the 9i, which was not bad to begin with. Battery life even with a 6 hour train journey didn't see go below 40percent at the end of the day. I know the battery life of the 9i was pathetic and I have nothing to complain about with the 8x
Old 10th April 2019, 08:20   #28598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Spend a bit more and get the Honor 10. Is available for ~24K at Flipkart.
Oh yeah, thanks, I had missed out on Honor 10. Do you think Honor 10 still makes sense, its 1 year old.

Which Android version 10 is currently running on and what's the last Android update we can expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I dropped my 9i and broke the screen too. Moved to the 8x. If, like you said, fast charging is not a deal breaker, get the 6gb/128 GB one like I did for 18k.plus, it's does not have the hybrid slot nonsense. My 8x has 256 GB in all, so I think it's going to be some time before I have to take a backup. Camera is especially fantastic. It's slightly better than the 9i, which was not bad to begin with. Battery life even with a 6 hour train journey didn't see go below 40percent at the end of the day. I know the battery life of the 9i was pathetic and I have nothing to complain about with the 8x
Thanks for your feedback. I compare the 8X and 10 and see 8X is a tad bigger in size and I may not like to hold such a big phone and that way 10 makes sense.

I also read that they are launching P30 Lite this month (already launched, but sales will start from 25th) and also there is a 20i and 20i lite in the works which is slated to be released this month. I am confused whether to wait for these phone launches or get the Honor 10.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...sn-l42,china,*

Is there any other brands which are worth looking at for my conditions. I was also keen on getting a Nokia, but 8.1 retails close to 30k, so that is out.

KK
Old 10th April 2019, 08:51   #28599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which Android version 10 is currently running on and what's the last Android update we can expect.
Its running on Android 9.0 P. Security update is of February '19. I love this phone and have no itch to upgrade.

Mi A phones [not Xiaomi] have stock android, got the A2 for wife and it reminds me of my Nexus 5. The Mi 9 looks brilliant if it comes. Poco is another good phone. I must say, I really like the looks of the new A50 from Samsung, you may have a look.
Old 10th April 2019, 09:16   #28600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mi A phones [not Xiaomi] have stock android
This is the only reason for me to look at Mi phones; wonder when will Xiaomi launch Mi A3 with 675 chip-set or higher, launch should have happened by now if at all that product was in their pipeline.

Quote:
I must say, I really like the looks of the new A50 from Samsung
Agree, these new mid-range Samsung phones really pack a punch in terms of features, performance unlike earlier when Samsung had phones with entry level specs at mid-range prices.
Old 10th April 2019, 09:22   #28601
BHPian

Quote:
I must say, I really like the looks of the new A50 from Samsung, you may have a look.
A50 looks interesting and also it seems to have a dedicated slot for SD card. Any idea does it come in 128 GB/6GB option or only 64GB/4GB is available.

Also I don't see it available easily online.

Edit - I see the 64 GB / 6 GB version available on FK retailing at 22,990/- with dedicated slot for SD Card. Is it worth getting this compared to Honor 10. I have owned only one samsung way back and worried about their bloatware and space/ram consumption.

Also it is 6.4 inches which looks bigger to me.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 10th April 2019 at 09:28.
Old 10th April 2019, 09:32   #28602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it worth getting this compared to Honor 10.
If it comes with the new UI, it sure would be a better experience than Samsungs of past.

I am unsure of how it will feature wrt the Honor 10. But yes, it will be a tad bigger.
Old 10th April 2019, 12:07   #28603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Edit - I see the 64 GB / 6 GB version available on FK retailing at 22,990/- with dedicated slot for SD Card. Is it worth getting this compared to Honor 10. I have owned only one samsung way back and worried about their bloatware and space/ram consumption.

KK
I am using the A50 64gb/6gb since last 3 weeks and so.
There is no bloatware and even with some pre installed apps you can uninstall them. Ram management is fantastic, phone is extremely fast to use. One UI is better than the MiUi I was using in my Note 5 pro. Battery is good enough for a day.

Don't worry about the 6.4 inches size. The shape is such it looks only a little bigger than my note 5 pro which is 5.5 inches. Also, this phone is very light and feels great in hand. You have to hold it to believe it. Super Amoled screen is a joy to use and one of the major reason I got this one.

No idea about it being better than Honor 10 but as a standalone device it's great. Try the phone at a local shop before buying.
Old 10th April 2019, 12:26   #28604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am using the A50 64gb/6gb since last 3 weeks and so.
There is no bloatware and even with some pre installed apps you can uninstall them. Ram management is fantastic, phone is extremely fast to use. One UI is better than the MiUi I was using in my Note 5 pro. Battery is good enough for a day.

Don't worry about the 6.4 inches size. The shape is such it looks only a little bigger than my note 5 pro which is 5.5 inches. Also, this phone is very light and feels great in hand. You have to hold it to believe it. Super Amoled screen is a joy to use and one of the major reason I got this one.

No idea about it being better than Honor 10 but as a standalone device it's great. Try the phone at a local shop before buying.

Thanks much for your feedback, this mostly seals the deal. Since this is available at offline stores also, I would try and buy it rather than buying it online.

KK
Old 10th April 2019, 13:34   #28605
Senior - BHPian

Why do none of you speak about the blackberry.

I am using the key1 and it is just perfect. The android experience is good too.

What impresses is the build quality for me. I have dropped it in the water tank, and put it under a light bulb for a day, and it works fine.

Sad that no one is buying these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks