Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 15:21   #28621
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
I am nitpicking too much and I know that its difficult to get the perfect one at the price point I am looking at.
Hi all, thanks for the feedback. I was quite confused as I needed good battery back up with max 6 inch bezel-less screen, within 40k budget.

Finally decided upon P30 (non-pro version), but Huwaei launched P30 Pro and Lite in India and skipped P30 in India. So ordered P30 from USA, which will be brought to India through one of the friends' friend.

P30 - 6.1 inch, 3650 MAh battery, bezel-less, KIRIN 980, 6 GB Ram, 128 GB memory, triple camera set-up behind. And also, it has some snazzy colour shades. I opted for "breathing crystal" gradient shade.

(Pic from google below).
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-p30-breathing-crystal.jpg

Last edited by petrol_power : 24th April 2019 at 15:28.
Old 25th April 2019, 11:56   #28622
BANNED

Searched fAmazon or the extender for adding a RAM card to the S8. Could not find it.

Please advise as the exact link.
Old 27th April 2019, 15:57   #28623
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am planning to move from the One Plus 5T (exchange it) to an iPhone. Now as far as i know you cannot transfer text messages and other data from Android to iOS. If that be the case is there any way i can store the messages of my Android phone in a safe place and can view them whenever i want? I have some pretty important text messages and would hate to keep an extra phone at home. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 27th April 2019, 16:18   #28624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I am planning to move from the One Plus 5T (exchange it) to an iPhone. Now as far as i know you cannot transfer text messages and other data from Android to iOS. If that be the case is there any way i can store the messages of my Android phone in a safe place and can view them whenever i want? I have some pretty important text messages and would hate to keep an extra phone at home. Any help would be appreciated.
You can transfer texts, images etc using move to ios (official apple app available on play store)
Old 27th April 2019, 18:40   #28625
BHPian

Quote:
Oneplus Switch-

Official app from Oneplus to transfer data from/to Oneplus devices to other Androids/iOS devices.
Old 27th April 2019, 19:22   #28626
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am planning to move from the One Plus 5T (exchange it) to an iPhone.
Rare to see someone moving from a OnePlus device to an iPhone. Any reason why you do want to switch? Its often the other way around.
Old 28th April 2019, 08:44   #28627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
You can transfer texts, images etc using move to ios (official apple app available on play store)
This I need to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Oneplus Switch-

Official app from Oneplus to transfer data from/to Oneplus devices to other Androids/iOS devices.
I checked this but I guess this only transfers data from other phones to one plus and not the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Rare to see someone moving from a OnePlus device to an iPhone. Any reason why you do want to switch? Its often the other way around.
To be honest the OP 5T is a great phone. I had gotten the 128 GB 8GB version. This phone would easily last another 1.5-2 years. It is 17 months old now. But I am actually a bit bored of the phone. Coupled with that the camera is awful. There have been so many instances where I had to quickly take a pic and later when I checked it turned out to be super blurry. Also, I have been a iPhone user before this so i know in and out of the Apple devices. I use an iPad and Mac. So everything can be synced. Still toying with the idea.

However, I observed this today in my One Plus 5T: while watching an action movie in Amazon Prime, the frames were dropping a lot. First time ever. Not sure why but armed with the 8GB RAM I thought I had it all covered and conquered.
Old 29th April 2019, 22:00   #28628
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
You can follow the first 2 sections on this lineageos wiki .
Once you are done with "Unlocking the bootloader" and "Installing a custom recovery", you can download magisk and flash it from the recovery.
I successfully unlocked the bootloader on my 'Asus Pro M1'. But, the TWRP recovery flash on fastboot, is NOT happening. The powershell says 'sending' and 'writing' and comes out successfully. But, on (Volume Down + Power Button) press, am taken to Android Recovery rather than TWRP recovery.

Could you please let me know, what is happening here?

Old 29th April 2019, 22:45   #28629
Distinguished - BHPian

Moving to a Samsung A70 from my OP5 next week. Any tips on the best way to transfer data?

Not worried about WhatsApp chats or audio/video as I have already backed them up. More concerned about contacts, text messages, app settings etc,.
Old 29th April 2019, 22:50   #28630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Moving to a Samsung A70 from my OP5 next week. Any tips on the best way to transfer data?

Not worried about WhatsApp chats or audio/video as I have already backed them up. More concerned about contacts, text messages, app settings etc,.
Just install smart switch app of Samung on OP5 and follow instructions. I transferred all data from Honor phone to A50 two weeks back.
Old 29th April 2019, 22:55   #28631
BHPian

Quote:

To be honest the OP 5T is a great phone. I had gotten the 128 GB 8GB version. This phone would easily last another 1.5-2 years. It is 17 months old now. But I am actually a bit bored of the phone.
In a similar state of mind but with the 6T. And I guess with the pixel camera port , I can't complain much about the camera either. But after being on the OnePlus phones for the past 4 years and no major issues to research and debug it's almost boring . Can't root and go to custom ROMs as this is also used for work emails. If I ever decide to switch it would be a pixel mostly and no plan to switch over to an iPhone. The one thing that keeps me rethink is the battery life and the dash charge. I don't think there is any other phone that's as good as OnePlus in this area and in this price range. Hope you have factored that in your analysis.
Old 29th April 2019, 23:21   #28632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
In a similar state of mind but with the 6T. And I guess with the pixel camera port , I can't complain much about the camera either. But after being on the OnePlus phones for the past 4 years and no major issues to research and debug it's almost boring . Can't root and go to custom ROMs as this is also used for work emails. If I ever decide to switch it would be a pixel mostly and no plan to switch over to an iPhone. The one thing that keeps me rethink is the battery life and the dash charge. I don't think there is any other phone that's as good as OnePlus in this area and in this price range. Hope you have factored that in your analysis.
Oh! The battery of OP devices is fabulous. In the last 17 months, I have not worried about the battery dying on me even once. But then, if that is the priority I will never be able to leave One Plus. It charges so FAST. One thing I used to practice in my iPhone 6 days was to charge the phone with my iPad charger. That way the charging was quite fast. I think I will do the same if I upgrade.
Old 30th April 2019, 11:58   #28633
BANNED

Got the extension card. Now will try and install it. i may try and seek your help. It is a flexible PCB with one device (I guess a uRAM card) to be attached.
Old 30th April 2019, 15:19   #28634
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I successfully unlocked the bootloader on my 'Asus Pro M1'. But, the TWRP recovery flash on fastboot, is NOT happening. The powershell says 'sending' and 'writing' and comes out successfully. But, on (Volume Down + Power Button) press, am taken to Android Recovery rather than TWRP recovery.

Could you please let me know, what is happening here?

Found a thread on reddit that says that the TWRP image linked in lineageos didn;t work and to try this link instead. Hope that helps
Old 30th April 2019, 15:34   #28635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

I am in the same boat. Pre-booked A70. First time crossing 15k margin for a mobile phone.
Though I have gifted few on the other side of 20k, never used one myself. And first time post the Nokia 1100 era pre booking a mobile too. Major reason for the switch is Samsung Pay, hope it works fine.

Last edited by aadya : 30th April 2019 at 15:41. Reason: grammar/correction

Most Viewed