Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:08   #28561
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
If the user doesn't require a Headphone jack, Mi A2 can be a great option. Android One, Great Battery Life, Good Screen, and High Volume.
Are you really sure about the battery life of the Mi A2? 3010 mah doesn't really sound like a big battery.
Old 2nd April 2019, 13:42   #28562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Are you really sure about the battery life of the Mi A2? 3010 mah doesn't really sound like a big battery.
Yes. Even I was pretty surprised, but my mother is still (after 1.25 years of the phone) getting approx. 2 full days, with a usage pattern similar to your requirements.
That said, charger is normal 2A one, not a fast charger.
Old 2nd April 2019, 16:14   #28563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Now coming to the Android flagships, which one is a better buy - S10 or the P30 Pro? I don't think an S10+ is needed for me, and the camera hole-punch is neater on the smaller S10. Checked out the P30 Pro today, and the camera system is just brilliant. At this point I liked the Huawei, but should I be worried about the brand's negative publicity on security related aspects?
Where did you check p30 pro? I thought its not yet launched in India. I am also thinking to switch from iphone 6s plus to android (s10 or huawei mate 20 pro or p30 pro).

Another query here is i want a compact phone as a secondary phone in 15k-20k price bracket. I use Xiaomi mi5 as a secondary phone as of now but it is showing its age.
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:03   #28564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Where did you check p30 pro? I thought its not yet launched in India. I am also thinking to switch from iphone 6s plus to android (s10 or huawei mate 20 pro or p30 pro).
Checked it here in Singapore; though the official launch is on 6th April. I decided to go with the S10 simply for the fact that the new Samsung UI looks nicer than that of Huawei. Also here in Singapore, no other brand can match the trade-in prices of an iPhone or Samsung flagships (S/Note).
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:03   #28565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Checked out the P30 Pro today, and the camera system is just brilliant. At this point I liked the Huawei, but should I be worried about the brand's negative publicity on security related aspects?
How well does huawei manage their updates in the long term? And how is their own software skin? How i wish this was an android one phone.
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:35   #28566
BHPian

Upgrade to Oppo F9 Pro

Wanted to upgrade wife's ageing Redmi 3s Prime for some time - waited for some good deal and it came in the form of Amazon.
Saw an Amazon advt for Oppo F9 Pro in newspaper listed at Rs 19990. Looked up reviews and had decent reviews - mainly camera, solid performance, battery, build etc. All these satisfied requirements of wifey so went ahead.

To top it off, it had a pretty good exchange offer as well. Exchanged old Redmi 3s Prime for good 7K!! Net price of Oppo F9 Pro came to 13K.

2 Week Review
Good camera, and long battery backup, VOOC charger charges battery really fast, Fast performance. ColorOS UI is nice as well. Display is brilliant with waterdrop notch.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:50   #28567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How well does huawei manage their updates in the long term? And how is their own software skin? How i wish this was an android one phone.
I don’t know on the updates – never used a Huawei before. When I checked the two phones side by side (P30 Pro and S10), I found the Samsung’s interpretation much more fluid and easy to use (my reference point for comparison is Pixel 2 XL).
The camera system is a big plus for the Huawei. On a side note, with the arrival of P30 Pro, there should be a huge price cut on Mate 20 Pro, which is quite a compelling option.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:03   #28568
BHPian

Quote:
Huawei manages updates quite well and are more updated than manufacturers like Samsung & LG. Infact, having seen the updates and promptness of additional feature additions along with security patches - I am impressed!
Old 3rd April 2019, 11:58   #28569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Huawei manages updates quite well and are more updated than manufacturers like Samsung & LG. Infact, having seen the updates and promptness of additional feature additions along with security patches - I am impressed!
Thats quite interesting. Thanks for this. The P30's camera seems to have everyone else including Google beat hands down. Apparently its launching soon in India, will keep an eye out for it.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:35   #28570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats quite interesting. Thanks for this. The P30's camera seems to have everyone else including Google beat hands down. Apparently its launching soon in India, will keep an eye out for it.
Pixel’s camera is almost like fail-proof; it’s difficult to get a bad photo. That said, P30 pro’s camera is just brilliant, even with zoom there is no loss of quality. The front facing camera is also capable of giving natural pictures, not like those heavily processed ones.
The pre-order offer here is quite good; they are giving a free Huawei GT Active watch for all confirmed orders before 6th April.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:40   #28571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pixel’s camera is almost like fail-proof; it’s difficult to get a bad photo. That said, P30 pro’s camera is just brilliant, even with zoom there is no loss of quality. The front facing camera is also capable of giving natural pictures, not like those heavily processed ones.
The pre-order offer here is quite good; they are giving a free Huawei GT Active watch for all confirmed orders before 6th April.
Not too enthused about the GT watch, its not got the best of software on it which is pretty much what makes a watch like that wearable.

Hope it lands up with some no-cost EMI/discounting in India in a couple of months, really need to move up the photography bit on my phone soon.

Apparently a P30 Lite is also coming to India: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68692752.cms

Then you have the p30, and the P30 pro which sounds like the grand daddy of them all.

Last edited by Red Liner : 3rd April 2019 at 12:44.
Old 3rd April 2019, 13:07   #28572
BHPian

Quote:
Pixel’s camera is almost like fail-proof; it’s difficult to get a bad photo.
so true, pixel's camera takes best photos but then it misses out on ultrawide and telescopic/periscopic lens.

Guys any suggestions on compact phone as a secondary phone to replace xiaomi mi 5. 15-20k budget.
Old 5th April 2019, 15:39   #28573
BANNED

On an Android Phone how to get the AppInfo activated. Please advise.

I know it is simple but how to get the icon and active. I seem to be having a problem.
Old 5th April 2019, 15:53   #28574
Distinguished - BHPian

Just read that Dual Sim activation is finally going to be a software enabled option on the pixel series!

Is this true and is it applicable for the Indian Pixel series? Solves a huge problem, atleast for me!

Wonder if I should wait for the Pixel 4. That Pixel camera is just outrageously good.
Old 5th April 2019, 16:21   #28575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Need a help with camera on my Honor 10 smartphone. During day, it takes brilliant stunning pictures, I am more than happy, but in low light [during night], there is too much haze [fog] in the photo, I mean even if I want to take a photograph, I simply can not.

Have tried night mode as well, but it just doesn't take a proper picture.
Any help here, any of you please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please suggest an Android phone with a C type cable for [preferably between 10K to 15K]. The latest and the best, like the Jack of all trades...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ sheel - Have a look at the newer Samsung A and M series. All within 10k to 20k.
Thanks. I had to get the MI A2. Reason, it had the metal body. While I preferred other phones, a kid in house means, you neither can splurge nor can you buy something fragile = glass body phones. [It was for dearest and she says, why buy an expensive phone, when you can buy an earring or similar, tales of wives & husbands]

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Remi Note 7 Pro. At 14k abouts nothing beats that phone. Only task is to get one easily.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th April 2019 at 16:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks