Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 23:23   #13561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post

Well as per the manual of the indian S3 (i9300) the sar values(W/kg) are:
Head : 0.342
Body-worn : 0.547
I took the data from gsmarena.May be that is US spec.
Old 21st January 2013, 23:30   #13562
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Actually the RAM figure is right now a rumor from what I read. But then at that price point and with a quad core, they should definitely go for 1 GB
No, 1 GB ram figure is confirmed along with HD display. I saw the hands on review of A116 on igyaan's website.

They did confirmed that, it's 1 GB
Old 22nd January 2013, 06:50   #13563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

No, 1 GB ram figure is confirmed along with HD display. I saw the hands on review of A116 on igyaan's website.

They did confirmed that, it's 1 GB
This seems to be excellent stuff. Once the battery life is confirmed too, this may go to the wish list soon If competent specs are provided by Indian manufacturers, then why go for costlier foreign alternatives.
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:48   #13564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
This seems to be excellent stuff. Once the battery life is confirmed too, this may go to the wish list soon If competent specs are provided by Indian manufacturers, then why go for costlier foreign alternatives.
Question is - if chinese mfrs provide same stuff 2k cheaper (as they are doing with the nugen etc phablets) - would u still buy micromax/karbonn?
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:55   #13565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Question is - if chinese mfrs provide same stuff 2k cheaper (as they are doing with the nugen etc phablets) - would u still buy micromax/karbonn?
Of course yes, for the below mentioned reasons

1) I had a feel of A110 built and it surprisingly felt premium for the price payed. I hope the same or better in their upcoming smartphone products.
2) Being Indian - Yes, I always buy Indian products if there are products which ticks all my needs. Support our entrepreneurs !!!
3) Warranty & Support
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:50   #13566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I guess MMX and Karbonn phones are NOT assembled in India. They are just marketed and supported (After sales) by these companies. I had read an article on the Chinese gadget industry sometime back. Man you can get 7 inch tablet as cheap as $40. If you place a bulk order, u get it for $30 with your company logos printed. Talk about cheap labor. I just hope they are well built and safe. Of course, everything these days is Chinese make.

MMX is doing well in this budget conscious market. They are actually firing on all guns. The 110 is well received and I am sure the Canvas HD will set another record for 15K with so much of specs.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:11   #13567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Another news is that Canvas 3 will be launched in March. I would expect it with better than A116 specs.
There is no "Canvas 3" as such.

A116 Canvas HD == Canvas 3
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:22   #13568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
There is no "Canvas 3" as such.

A116 Canvas HD == Canvas 3
Is it, then why does not Micromax call it as "Canvas 3"?

https://www.facebook.com/MicromaxA110?ref=stream
Here's update of the day
"Micromax Canvas II has been a hot selling smartphone for us and we plan to launch a Canvas smartphone every two months from now on-wards. We are currently selling around 5,500 Micromax Canvas 2 handsets daily and have started testing Micromax Canvas 3. I will not be in a position to share the exact time frame by when Canvas 3 will be launched. But do expect something around March."
- Micromax's co-founder and business director, Vikas Jain
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:27   #13569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
2) Being Indian - Yes, I always buy Indian products if there are products which ticks all my needs. Support our entrepreneurs !!!
These products are not Indian. Only the sales and service are Indian. Even the Indian company logo will be slapped on the phone in China.

So, it all comes to the QC standards demanded by the front company. While Apple demands the highest quality control from their Chinese suppliers, Micromax may not damand the same QC, for it is expensive.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:29   #13570
BHPian

Quote:
True I rejected it for same reason. In fact I am also in the market for same reason as driving smartly.

Wife needs a new phone and requirements are:

- 3g
- dual camera for videocon
- Dual sim is a plus but not mandatory
- android 4.0+
- form factor 4 to 4.5in Max

I am thinking of karbonn a21 but need to see some reviews. Micromax a90s seems overpriced by around 1000 rs.
I finally purchased the Samsung S Duos to meet wife's requirement. Thanks to +ve experience with MMX A110 I was comfortable with the concept of Dual SIM Android phones which motivated to go for something higher than Karbonn/MMX.

Will post detailed review later.

PS: Nowadays MMX A110 is going at a street price of ~12500 while I purchased it at 9,700 during Diwali. Retailers are unable to maintain any stock!

Quote:
Is it, then why does not Micromax call it as "Canvas 3"?

https://www.facebook.com/MicromaxA110?ref=stream
Here's update of the day
"Micromax Canvas II has been a hot selling smartphone for us and we plan to launch a Canvas smartphone every two months from now on-wards. We are currently selling around 5,500 Micromax Canvas 2 handsets daily and have started testing Micromax Canvas 3. I will not be in a position to share the exact time frame by when Canvas 3 will be launched. But do expect something around March."
- Micromax's co-founder and business director, Vikas Jain
You should Vikas Jain for that :-) Probably it is Canvas HD is the new marketing name

Last edited by aditya101 : 22nd January 2013 at 11:31.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:46   #13571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
These products are not Indian. Only the sales and service are Indian. Even the Indian company logo will be slapped on the phone in China.

So, it all comes to the QC standards demanded by the front company. While Apple demands the highest quality control from their Chinese suppliers, Micromax may not damand the same QC, for it is expensive.
Yes, I know that I just meant to say if I got to select between a Sony and a micromax with similar specs and built, I might go for the Micromax one if its half the price. Regarding the factories, I think all our fave manufacturers assemble devices in China and export to other countries. As you said, its the QC that matters. Price is definitely a point since both the HW and SW in Android world is growing fast which means a device may get outdated within months or weeks of purchase.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 22nd January 2013 at 11:47.
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:59   #13572
BHPian

Quote:
You should Vikas Jain for that :-) Probably it is Canvas HD is the new marketing name
Did you even care to check the link? That was yesterdays post during launch of Canvas HD.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:13   #13573
BHPian

Quote:
Did you even care to check the link? That was yesterdays post during launch of Canvas HD.
You are welcome to wait for the Canvas 3 to come to market. No further posts on this topic from me.
Old 22nd January 2013, 17:53   #13574
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome to wait for the Canvas 3 to come to market. No further posts on this topic from me.
I am already enjoying Canvas 2 so I don't have to wait . It was just news I posted for fellow members.
But I failed to understand the reasoning behind your posts. Did I offend you in any way?
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:23   #13575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
Hello ,

I am looking for an android phone in a budget of 25k , Any users of Note1 here ? Is i still worth buying since it released more than an year back ?

The other phones i am looking at are

1) HTC one S ( but i don't find it available at any place ) , short supply it seems
2) Sony Xperia SL

Any views ?
I'm on Note1 (more than six months now). Pretty much the same performance till date. 'Pretty much' is to mark the reduced battery time. At today's price its offers a great VFM. It is a true blue smart thing till date IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks