Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2013, 09:54   #13351
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
I can vouch for MMX A110, but I will not recommend the same in this case as 5 in form factor will (generally) not suit ladies as they have smaller hands. This is my opinion. If she is not brand conscious, then Micromax A68 Smarty can be considered as it is smaller version of A110 with almost identical specs but a more convinient 4in size (~ Rs 6,500/-).

You can also look at A90S, it has a Super Amoled screen which is sharper, touch is great and remaining specs are same as A110, I bought A110 for dad and was really impressed. I am using NII and was previously using S3, I am a power user who flashes rom out of the box but still was really impressed with A110, I am planning to root my dad's A110 this month. But these phones are VFM when compared to any other company (HTC,Samsung,Sony...etc) in 10-15k range. Also micromax quality has stablized and is almost at par with any other phone in this range.
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:22   #13352
BANNED

^^^How is the fluidity of the screens in the MM compared to your Samsung phones? Any issues with hanging/freezing etc?
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:37   #13353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
^^^How is the fluidity of the screens in the MM compared to your Samsung phones? Any issues with hanging/freezing etc?
Hi, i would advise Samsung or HTC for screen fluidity.

I got an A90S and within 10 days and after loading basic apps like Whatsapp, FB, Twitter etc its appearing sluggish. Screen Resolution looks VFM. Touch response is acceptable. GPS is pathetic. Got this for 13k.

Wouldve rather got the Samsung S Duos for 15k i feel now.

When you check the phone in stock condition at the sales outlet, it will feel good as no app etc has been loaded onto it.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:51   #13354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Pros
- Extra Juice

Cons
- Bulky
- Makes your Defy look ugly
- Cannot accurately predict when your Battery is gonna run out!!
Thank you. I was expecting these cons and hence this option is low on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
http://www.fommy.co.in/motorola/motorola-defy-mb525.htm

2400mAh with back door for 1999/- & standard 1200mAh is 1499/-. This looks expensive though..
The 1200 mAh is not standard for Defy. I have also never heard of 2400 mAh extended battery for Defy. I am skipping these. But thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

Why go for 1500 mah battery when you can get the 1650/1700 mah Defy+ battery? That should work right? If not, the Battery Fix flash would make it work.
I will have to explore the 1700 mAh Defy+ battery option. I had checked with XDA forums, but I could not find any conclusive answers on how to solve the battery calibration mess that will be created. Plus I am on CM 10.

How much does the 1700 mAh cost at the stores?
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:00   #13355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
It has no 3G, or else it would have been a fantastic offer.
True I rejected it for same reason. In fact I am also in the market for same reason as driving smartly.

Wife needs a new phone and requirements are:

- 3g
- dual camera for videocon
- Dual sim is a plus but not mandatory
- android 4.0+
- form factor 4 to 4.5in Max

I am thinking of karbonn a21 but need to see some reviews. Micromax a90s seems overpriced by around 1000 rs.
Old 3rd January 2013, 00:12   #13356
Senior - BHPian

For Micromax A110 owners, this link is a gold mine.. Enjoy

http://www.droidiser.com/2012/12/mic...guide-mod.html
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:45   #13357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post

I got an A90S and within 10 days and after loading basic apps like Whatsapp, FB, Twitter etc its appearing sluggish. Screen Resolution looks VFM. Touch response is acceptable. GPS is pathetic. Got this for 13k.

When you check the phone in stock condition at the sales outlet, it will feel good as no app etc has been loaded onto it.

Just my 2 cents.
Strangely mine is working fine even after loading lots of apps and that was before rooting. After rooting I removed all the bloatware and it feels even better. My only grudge is GPS which imo is an issue with ICS rather then MMX. But I agree signal reception takes couple of minutes.
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:49   #13358
BHPian

Anyone having any issues with the latest version of the Play Store? (v.3.10.10)

I simply CANNOT update any apps. New apps download and install properly, and I do get notifications for updates. But I just cant actually update anything - the download never starts.

I never had this problem with any of the previous versions. Is there an update coming anytime soon?
Old 3rd January 2013, 07:44   #13359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
True I rejected it for same reason. In fact I am also in the market for same reason as driving smartly.

Wife needs a new phone and requirements are:

- 3g
- dual camera for videocon
- Dual sim is a plus but not mandatory
- android 4.0+
- form factor 4 to 4.5in Max

I am thinking of karbonn a21 but need to see some reviews. Micromax a90s seems overpriced by around 1000 rs.
@aditya101. I am using Karbonn A21 for the last 3 months. The browsing is very fast, and has good battery backup (so far). The display quality and touch sensitivity are good. But the biggest drawback is the loud speaker and mic. Both of them are below average quality. The dialer has a significant delay in loading even when the system resources are free. The SAR value is very less for this phone (0.437) and there is no issue of 'radiation or phone getting heated up' etc. The GPS works well and I am able to use the google map voice navigation perfectly.

Recently I came across another phone "Lenovo S560". It has huge battery (2Amps) and very good sound quality. I used it continously for 2days without re-charging. The touch and display quality is far better than A21.

Karbonn A21 = Rs.9600/-
Lenovo S560 = Rs.13100/-

Thanks
Rajesh

Last edited by RajeshK : 3rd January 2013 at 07:48.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:44   #13360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Recently I came across another phone "Lenovo S560". It has huge battery (2Amps) and very good sound quality. I used it continously for 2days without re-charging. The touch and display quality is far better than A21.

Karbonn A21 = Rs.9600/-
Lenovo S560 = Rs.13100/-

Thanks
Rajesh
In that case, the Lenovo P700i is even better. Same specs as the S560, but with a humongous 2500 Mah battery and cheaper by about 2k too!
Waiting for the phone to be available in Pune.
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:04   #13361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
I use the MM A110 and I would say that it kicks the heck out of any other similar spec'd mobile - including the likes of HTC and Samsung. There is no lagging at all - even when I have filled up the memory to within an MB of space. Touch response is great. GPS had issues but is fixed now with the v2 that was rolled out.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:30   #13362
BHPian

Quote:
For the price range 10-15k I doubt any Samsung /HTC will beat MMX A90S A110/Karbonn A21/A18 from this perspective. I have tried many phones that were available in shops in this range before buying MMX A110 and overall experience of these MMX/Karbonn phones was similar and better than similarly priced Samsung/HTC. A110 has bigger screen and hence I got this.

I have used brand new Samsung S duos for 4-5 hrs (of a friend) and it is definitely was way more sluggish than A110. Samsung SGS2 could be better but it goes above 20K.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:31   #13363
Senior - BHPian

Query regarding OTG access for Micromax A110. I could connect a pendrive [tried 8 & 16gb yet] and access files from within it. But I couldn't access my 200gb portable harddisk when connected using the OTG.

Is accessing such a huge storage not possible or am I doing something incorrectly?
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:07   #13364
BHPian

I recently got a Nexus4. I am moving from Nokia 5800 to Nexus 4! Hence would need advice from Android users on the apps I should download to better the experience.

I would like to know (free) Apps for
Music & Video
Navigation - Waze?
Monitor Net Usage/ Ensure better battery management
Web browser - Opera?
File Explorer

And any other useful apps. TIA

Last edited by mac187 : 3rd January 2013 at 13:10.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:32   #13365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I recently got a Nexus4. I am moving from Nokia 5800 to Nexus 4! Hence would need advice from Android users on the apps I should download to better the experience.

I would like to know (free) Apps for
Music & Video
Navigation - Waze?
Monitor Net Usage/ Ensure better battery management
Web browser - Opera?
File Explorer

And any other useful apps. TIA
How did you order it? Did you get it through a provider or did someone bring it down for you? Do put down your thoughts on the ordering/delivery process - will be useful!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks