Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 19:50   #20851
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Only a slight decrease in battery back up due to removal of google manual sync button, as the sync function stays on forever now..
You can disable sync in Lollipop. Go to the settings -> accounts -> click the 3 dots menu button, and there is the option to enable/disable sync.

Lollipop has removed the incredibly useful 'Power control' widget, using which we could toggle this and more from the home screen itself. Wonder who decided that was a good idea
Old 10th March 2015, 19:59   #20852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
You can disable sync in Lollipop. Go to the settings -> accounts -> click the 3 dots menu button, and there is the option to enable/disable sync.

Lollipop has removed the incredibly useful 'Power control' widget, using which we could toggle this and more from the home screen itself. Wonder who decided that was a good idea
I don't want to do that exercise every hour. So I keep it on all day.
Old 11th March 2015, 13:57   #20853
Senior - BHPian

Not really a phone person.
Just replaced My Lumia 520 with a Asus Zenfone 5.
How do i make the SD card as default storage on Kit kat?
Old 11th March 2015, 16:16   #20854
Team-BHP Support

Replaced the ageing Lumia 625 with LG G3. My earlier foray into the Android space was a disaster with the Samsung Note 2, but this time initial impressions are great; excellent screen with natural colours, and the interface is quite pleasing. Camera is nice, and overall it looks to be a smart package. Just need to get used to the power/volume controls at the back. And the knock-code, and double tap to sleep/awake the phone is awesome

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-photo.jpg
Old 11th March 2015, 16:37   #20855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Replaced the ageing Lumia 625 with LG G3. My earlier foray into the Android space was a disaster with the Samsung Note 2, but this time initial impressions are great; excellent screen with natural colours, and the interface is quite pleasing. Camera is nice, and overall it looks to be a smart package. Just need to get used to the power/volume controls at the back. And the knock-code, and double tap to sleep/awake the phone is awesome

Attachment 1348707
Congratulations on a great purchase.

However, I am curious to know about your 'disastrous' experience with Note 2. I have been using Note2 for more than 2 years now and its a freaking rock solid phone. I have not faced a single issue till date, be it lag, downtime, replacement or anything.
Old 11th March 2015, 17:08   #20856
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations on a great purchase.

However, I am curious to know about your 'disastrous' experience with Note 2. I have been using Note2 for more than 2 years now and its a freaking rock solid phone. I have not faced a single issue till date, be it lag, downtime, replacement or anything.
Thank you!

Regarding Note 2, it could be the odd piece that I got. The phone WiFi stopped functioning in the first week of purchase. Here in Singapore, they don’t have a 1-1 replacement policy, and they quoted around week to get the phone repaired. Finally they had to replace the motherboard (for a 1-week old phone). Coming from the hassle-free experience of Apple, it was not a good start with Samsung, and so after a few months (a week before the official launch of Note 3), we sold off the Note 2 and moved back to iOS, with Lumia as the 2nd phone.
Old 11th March 2015, 17:32   #20857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Just replaced My Lumia 520 with a Asus Zenfone 5. How do i make the SD card as default storage on Kit kat?
If you are talking about pics/videos, then you will need to access the camera settings and you have an option to save it to micro SD cards directly. For installing apps directly on SD card, go to Asus customized settings, App installation settings and choose the "prefer external storage" option.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:39   #20858
Senior - BHPian

Guys who upgraded their S4s to the 5.0.1 update - do you have problems like phone over-heating, restarting randomly and not letting you log in with the numberic password? Any other issues?

A friend is having major trouble after the update.
Old 11th March 2015, 20:49   #20859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys who upgraded their S4s to the 5.0.1 update - do you have problems like phone over-heating, restarting randomly and not letting you log in with the numberic password? Any other issues?

A friend is having major trouble after the update.
My wife's S4 is running absolutely fine after upgrading to 5.0.1. We have not encountered any of the issue you've mentioned. I think you should take it to authorised service center.

On the contrary, we love the new UI.
Old 12th March 2015, 00:30   #20860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not really a phone person.
How do i make the SD card as default storage on Kit kat?
I'm not really a phone person either, but I think that the answer is that, on KitKat and later, Google decides what gets stored where --- whether you like it or not.

Having said that, on my Finepad, I can move apps to SD. I'd guess that you'd find the same on the Zenfone.

(Or is that actually standard to KitKat anyway?)
Old 12th March 2015, 07:59   #20861
BHPian

Re: 5.1?

Any information, when we would be getting the 5.1 update for 'Nexus 4'?

Last edited by JMaruru : 12th March 2015 at 08:15.
Old 12th March 2015, 08:08   #20862
Senior - BHPian

Looking out for a best Android video app (on mobile phone) that helps to make quick video editing & comes with loads of features.

I've just started trying out Magisto for now & hence seeking out your help to check if there are better ones. Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 10:33   #20863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My wife's S4 is running absolutely fine after upgrading to 5.0.1. We have not encountered any of the issue you've mentioned. I think you should take it to authorised service center.

On the contrary, we love the new UI.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess he has gone back to KitKat as there were too many issues with the phone.
Old 12th March 2015, 12:10   #20864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope your experience with the Asus phone is better than mine. I faced terrible battery life and heating up of the phone. The good folk at Flipkart replaced the phone but even the replacement had the exact same issues. Finally took a refund and ordered a Moto G.
Old 12th March 2015, 12:47   #20865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm not really a phone person either, but I think that the answer is that, on KitKat and later, Google decides what gets stored where --- whether you like it or not.

Having said that, on my Finepad, I can move apps to SD. I'd guess that you'd find the same on the Zenfone.

(Or is that actually standard to KitKat anyway?)
I guess that's how it is with Kitkat.
Managed to transfer a few applications to the SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I hope your experience with the Asus phone is better than mine. I faced terrible battery life and heating up of the phone. The good folk at Flipkart replaced the phone but even the replacement had the exact same issues. Finally took a refund and ordered a Moto G.
Just been two days, and not my primary phone.
Havent noticed heating, but yes battery seems to be draining at a faster rate than my existing lumia and iphone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks