Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 13:56   #20866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Havent noticed heating, but yes battery seems to be draining at a faster rate than my existing lumia and iphone.
This is what I read on the internet and it does seem to line up with the problem I was facing.

All cpu's have a deep sleep mode that triggers when the phone is inactive. This saves a ton on power. In the case of the Asus, this Deep Sleep mode would deactivate out of the blue. Indicators are the phone feels warm even when not in use, the battery discharging at a rapid pace, charging the phone up to 100% via the wall wart takes time and charging the phone off a USB device taking forever. <5% gain on battery charge after keeping the phone on charge via a USB device for two hours. I am aware that charging a phone via the USB port on your computer is slower than a wall wart. When Deep Sleep gets deactivated, its even slower. On running Cpu Spy app, it was confirmed that the cpu clock was running at a steady 800Mhz. The Intel chips lowest clock speed before Deep Sleep is 800Mhz. The solution was to switch off the phone, charge till 100% and then turn on with the wall wart still plugged in, unplug only after boot up completes. Deep Sleep is activated. However; few days of use and it gets disabled out of the blue. The exact same problem was noticed even on the replacement device. Searching on the web revealed many folks facing the exact same problem.

Anyway; I do hope you don't have to go through these problems.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 12th March 2015 at 13:57.
Old 13th March 2015, 22:46   #20867
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, I compared my wife's OPO and my S3 to take photos of my son and another kid without flash.

The OPO's stock camera app is simply an unmitigated piece of crap - the S3 takes visibly better photos under the same conditions with much less blur. Of course, my S3 isnt stock but on SlimROM and through the Snap Camera app.

And the Nexus was better than my phone for taking photos of my son under available light.
YMMV but just sharing my perspective.

OPO owners, do consider buying a decent app like Snap or ProCapture.
Old 14th March 2015, 10:18   #20868
Senior - BHPian

Did you try snaps with a better camera app on OPO? S3 has excellent hardware (E.g: dedicated amplifiers for audio as well as image sensor).

I would not be surprised if RAW output of S3 is better than OPO.
Old 14th March 2015, 13:18   #20869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Did you try snaps with a better camera app on OPO? S3 has excellent hardware (E.g: dedicated amplifiers for audio as well as image sensor).

I would not be surprised if RAW output of S3 is better than OPO.
Its the wife's phone. Given the permanent instability of my phones she totally refuses to let me do anything! :-)

/after a four month honeymoon, the SlimROM suddenly started random reboots atleast 3-4 times a day. God save me!
Old 14th March 2015, 17:42   #20870
BHPian

Help guys. Facing a strange problem with my MI3. Previously I've had several instances where my battery went to 0% and when I'd put it for charging, it would just blink the red led continuously(without getting charged). However, if I kept it aside for some time and then try again or try with a different power source like attaching it to PC/laptop it would start charging and the problem got solved.

But this time I tried both the above solutions but none worked. The red just doesn't stop blinking.

Anyone faced similar problem? What can I do? Thanks.

-Bhargav

EDIT: Problem got solved. I tried going into recovery mode by pressing the volume up and power button but it wasn't working. Finally it worked and rebooted the phone. Getting charged now.

Last edited by Octane_Power : 14th March 2015 at 18:07. Reason: Solved.
Old 14th March 2015, 17:53   #20871
Senior - BHPian

My S3 has officially gone total bonkers. It is currently rebooting by itself (mid call, just like that, while charging, while taking a photo - anything) every ten minutes. It got a bit heated while charging right now, but otherwise no heating issues.

This is shocking since SlimROM was otherwise rock solid stable all around for well over three months. This problem started a month back when the phone would simply turn off when trying to use the camera with <20% battery.

Any ideas? I cleaned cache and am currently thinking of a factory reset or a downgrade to Android 4.2 or 4.3 or such.
Old 14th March 2015, 18:10   #20872
BHPian

Update: my nexus 7 tab got an official update 5.1 yesterday night. No change in ui. But the tab is SMOOTH.. So smooth that I couldn't believe. But again, its not as good as kit Kat in terms of speed
Old 14th March 2015, 18:33   #20873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Update: my nexus 7 tab got an official update 5.1 yesterday night. No change in ui. But the tab is SMOOTH.. So smooth that I couldn't believe. But again, its not as good as kit Kat in terms of speed
That's the Nexus 7 1st or 2nd Gen?
Old 14th March 2015, 18:49   #20874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
My S3 has officially gone total bonkers. It is currently rebooting by itself (mid call, just like that, while charging, while taking a photo - anything) every ten minutes. It got a bit heated while charging right now, but otherwise no heating issues.

This is shocking since SlimROM was otherwise rock solid stable all around for well over three months. This problem started a month back when the phone would simply turn off when trying to use the camera with <20% battery.

Any ideas? I cleaned cache and am currently thinking of a factory reset or a downgrade to Android 4.2 or 4.3 or such.
Try to flash CM. It is rock stable for the S3. Have used it myself for a couple of days.
Old 14th March 2015, 18:52   #20875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys who upgraded their S4s to the 5.0.1 update - do you have problems like phone over-heating, restarting randomly and not letting you log in with the numberic password? Any other issues?

A friend is having major trouble after the update.
My wifey's S4 turned rogue after 5.0.1. Apps force closed. Random restarts. The works.

I removed the microSD card, and the phone became perfect. See if it works for you.
Old 14th March 2015, 19:29   #20876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

You'll probably have to resort to a full wipe. Or maybe try to switch to a newer build of the ROM, if there is one.

My old Explorer went nuts when I was running an unofficial MIUI ROM. Had to wipe it and switch to Carbon ROM.
Old 14th March 2015, 21:39   #20877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
That's the Nexus 7 1st or 2nd Gen?
Nexus 1st gen. Previously it was as good as paperweight. There seems to be some heating now. Maybe its my imagination. Will update after few days use
Old 14th March 2015, 22:37   #20878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
My wifey's S4 turned rogue after 5.0.1. Apps force closed. Random restarts. The works.

I removed the microSD card, and the phone became perfect. See if it works for you.
Thanks for the update. Sadly, as we we were all watching in office, he got so frustrated that he threw it against the wall and broke the screen. Ah well.
Old 15th March 2015, 13:25   #20879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks for the update. Sadly, as we we were all watching in office, he got so frustrated that he threw it against the wall and broke the screen. Ah well.
Worrying . What car does your colleague drive? Would like to avoid proximity
Old 16th March 2015, 12:10   #20880
Distinguished - BHPian

My 27 month old Galaxy Note N7000 has got annoyingly slow.
Sometimes I'm not reachable to others even when My phone shows full signal strength.
Hangs and restarts as per its wish.
2 months back, I installed Cyanogenmod 9 stable version and used it for a month...even with that it was too slow.
fro the last 3 months, I'd been patient, but not any more. I have decide to buy a new phone.

Now I'm not able to decide between 2 phones.

1. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000
2. OnePlus One

I like the stylus very much and use it very often too. So Note 3 is pulling me towards it. But it is comparatively expensive
I loved the OnePlus One and it is the best VFM phone IMO. but it doesn't have the stylus

I'm ok with all other features in both the phones. Specification wise there is very little difference between the two.
I don't want to cross 30K (with some offers, I can get note 3 for 30K)

Looking for help in deciding the best one out of the 2.
I have extensively used my wife's OnePlus One. However I haven't used Note3. Can users of Note3 show more light on the phone?
Or Should I wait for Oneplus 2. I don't know when exactly it is launching.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks