Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 12:19   #20716
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Does anyone have an invite that they don't need? Cheers.
Hi buddy....Do you still require a OPO Indian invite since I have one valid till tomorrow morning.

Regards,
AutoAficionado
Old 18th February 2015, 12:20   #20717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Got the MIUI V6 update on my MI3 today. Anyone else got it? Liking the new feel, welcome change from the earlier.
I got the update on the morning of 16th Feb as well. While I like the clean, smooth look of the new UI, I still feel that the older MIUI5 was a lot better in terms of navigation in the settings area especially.

The menu buttons and in app menu buttons have changed which takes a day or two to get used to.

I read on the MIUI forums that it is important to go into recovery mode and wipe the cache so that there are no conflicts from the previous version. Is this really required?

I also noticed that at startup, the phone display flickers to a blue screen for a fraction of a second and then the MI logo re-appears on the screen.

Anyone else notice this? The phone is performing flawlessly so no complaints but anything to worry about with this blue screen?

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th February 2015 at 12:22.
Old 18th February 2015, 15:18   #20718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I also noticed that at startup, the phone display flickers to a blue screen for a fraction of a second and then the MI logo re-appears on the screen.
True about the flickering and the blue screen for a fraction of a second. First I thought that it was just me, scared as hell as I thought the display went bad. But yes, the performance and the looks of this new MIUI 6 are just superb. Its fluidic.

Also did you notice that the battery performs all the more better with MIUI 6 now?
Old 18th February 2015, 16:55   #20719
BHPian

Quote:

I read on the MIUI forums that it is important to go into recovery mode and wipe the cache so that there are no conflicts from the previous version. Is this really required?

Anyone else notice this? The phone is performing flawlessly so no complaints but anything to worry about with this blue screen?
Yes, the menu options were better in MIUI V5. I also read this thing about cache. But didn't bother to do all that.

Haven't noticed the blue screen. Will check it on my next boot.

However, one problem which I am getting after the update is that I regularly get this pop-up which reads "Unfortunately Google services has stopped" (or something like that). It comes 2-3 times continuously and then doesn't trouble for another 3-4 hours, but then pops up again.

Any simple fix for this problem? Or only the long route of backing up data, erasing the cache etc?

-Bhargav
Old 18th February 2015, 18:12   #20720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Also did you notice that the battery performs all the more better with MIUI 6 now?
Yes, you're right. The battery performance has improved quite a bit with the new update. It easily used to last me a full 24 hours with WiFi, BT, sync and everything else on and now its even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
However, one problem which I am getting after the update is that I regularly get this pop-up which reads "Unfortunately Google services has stopped" (or something like that). It comes 2-3 times continuously and then doesn't trouble for another 3-4 hours, but then pops up again.

Any simple fix for this problem? Or only the long route of backing up data, erasing the cache etc?

-Bhargav
I noticed this a couple of times but doesn't happen anymore. I remember going into settings, permissions and changing the settings there so maybe this fixed it for me.
Old 18th February 2015, 19:40   #20721
BHPian

Re: The Smartphone Invite-Sharing Thread (OnePlus One & others)

My 1+1 story:

I got an invite from ShankarG and I ordered the phone. Before I could even see the phone which reached my residence at around noon hours, my Sister just grabbed the phone and intended to keep it for herself. May be she thought that why should Boys have all the fun or what!!. I don't know.

So now I thought I will look into some other phone and got the Asus Zenfone 5. Average phone I would say. But the battery life is pathetic plus there was a software issue with the phone. So returned it back and now I wanted to get 1+1 for myself.

I was waiting for one more invite. By then Batterylow, our fellow member informed me that there is no invite required on 10 feb 2015 at 10 AM. I logged in promptly well before 10AM like I was checking exam results. I placed the order exactly at 10AM and the phone was delivered within 3 days.

The phone is worth every penny spent. My experience with 1+1 has been good so far. The interface is more or less like the Sony phones. So far good. Hopefully the same continues.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:19   #20722
Senior - BHPian

For those brave / interested enough in Samsung (or willing to root):
http://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Galaxy-...s_1805560031_1

18k for S4. Not a bad deal at all I say - just as they had cut prices on the S3 in early 2014.
Old 18th February 2015, 22:44   #20723
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed this a couple of times but doesn't happen anymore. I remember going into settings, permissions and changing the settings there so maybe this fixed it for me.
Thank You for this. I went to permissions>autostart. It says "Some apps may incorrectly indicate that MIUI has prevented them from starting. Check permissions that have been granted to individual apps in Settings>Apps."

There I have given play store the permission to autostart. I hope this will solve the problem. Let's see.

-Bhargav
Old 18th February 2015, 23:35   #20724
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Placed order for the MOto E!
Old 19th February 2015, 05:28   #20725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Placed order for the MOto E!
just PMed you my thoughts. please please reconsider!
Old 19th February 2015, 15:20   #20726
BHPian

I am not sure if there are other BHPians who have bought Yu Yureka but I think my query could be answered by OnePlus One guys too. In CM 11, in the notification drawer, I see a 2G/3G toggle switch. It has 3 options, 2G, 3G, and last one 2G3G. I understand the first two but what does the third option do? Because in the network settings I have kept it to 3G preferred so when there is no 3G it automatically latches on to 2G so I don't understand why 2G3G is required there. Any idea?
Old 19th February 2015, 17:41   #20727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Any idea?
It's the same as "3G Preferred". In the other options it will stick to either 2G or 3G only if you choose them.
Old 19th February 2015, 19:04   #20728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Has anyone used stylus with phones other than Note series? Because xperia z2 says stylus support.
Reply please.
There seem to be very few aftermarket capacitative styluses and whether they are compatible with the current androids.
Otherwise I am going for Note 3 Neo because I want to try Note series. Note 3 appears to be overpriced. Neo has only 2 gb ram. Currently I am using Xperia ZR which also has 2 gb ram and 4.6 screen. So I am upgrading only screen size and stylus.
Otherwise LG Gpro 2 is also very good VFM at around 30k.
Old 19th February 2015, 19:51   #20729
Senior - BHPian

What is the best Android phone under 5" screen size?
I am thinking of Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32 GB ..any other suggestions?
Old 19th February 2015, 20:03   #20730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
What is the best Android phone under 5" screen size?
I am thinking of Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32 GB ..any other suggestions?
Leaving Lag-sung aside,
HTC One Mini?
Z3 Compact?
MotoX 2014 is quite compact despite its size. Just doesnt feel that big.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks