Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 16:16   #20671
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Fellow Lollipop users,

I've noticed a bug(?) with the adaptive brightness in my Moto G. When the mode is switched on, and I slide the brightness slider to say, 15% or below, the screen starts flickering slightly.

A quick search reveals that almost all Moto Gs are facing the issue. So it seems to be a software issue.

Are the Nexuses here facing this problem?
Noticed the same here. I thought my eyes went bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Already done that. Did not help
I tried it too, but phone's still slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Before that try clearing the Cache Partition.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696
Old 12th February 2015, 17:32   #20672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys need some help in installing custom ROM.
I have an Xperia Neo-V (MT11i) purchased in April-12. Now age is showing and it has become quite slow. So, searched google and found a way to root it. I don't know any technicalities in this rooting business.
So, I downloaded a file and installed it and things went well. I installed superuser & force2sd. Transferred all apps to sd card. But off late it has become very slow again.

I don't want to discard this phone since it quite compact and I am pretty much comfortable with it.

Now I need some help. Can anyone in Chennai help me out in how to go about installing a custom ROM to speed up things. I mean can I meet anyone of you personally and get this done? I have gone through articles in xda-forum but can't get myself to do it on my own.

Thanks in advance.
I was a Neo user for around 1.5 years before it retired in 2013. The phone is still with me for experimenting. From what I understood, still Gingerbread ROMs are the most stable for this phone and doesn't slow it down much. On the other hand all the ICS based ROMs are having glitches and slow down it considerably. After all it's a single core device, so don't expect a big boost in performance with any custom ROM's.
Old 12th February 2015, 17:49   #20673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post

I was a Neo user for around 1.5 years before it retired in 2013. The phone is still with me for experimenting. From what I understood, still Gingerbread ROMs are the most stable for this phone and doesn't slow it down much. On the other hand all the ICS based ROMs are having glitches and slow down it considerably. After all it's a single core device, so don't expect a big boost in performance with any custom ROM's.
Thanks for the reply. So I guess its better to leave as it is if there won't be a marked difference.
Old 13th February 2015, 07:37   #20674
Senior - BHPian

After 3 days of usage, i would say I am very much unhappy with Mi4. Lot of rough edges in the OS and the refinement of HTC sense is missing.
I am facing a major problem with the phone with no solution in sight. The stock browser and official mail not working on 2G.I am able to receive mails but not able to send them.However chrome browser and gmail works fine. A search on net confirms this as a problem with MIU6. No idea how to resolve the problem.
Old 14th February 2015, 07:48   #20675
BHPian

Have bought a Micromax canvas Nitro A311 android phone 3days back. After using it for the last 2 days I feel that it is decent VFM. Costed me around 12k from the market. Has got good display good performance and OK battery life. For heavy users they'll have to charge it daily atleast once after a full night charge but I being a light user am not facing it. The android says it is KitKat 4.4.2. Guys is there any difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 versions of KitKat. This is my first android phone and hence am pretty much a noon in this regard.

Regards,
Subhra
Old 14th February 2015, 08:57   #20676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Have bought a Micromax canvas Nitro A311 android phone 3days back. After using it for the last 2 days I feel that it is decent VFM. Costed me around 12k from the market. Has got good display good performance and OK battery life. For heavy users they'll have to charge it daily atleast once after a full night charge but I being a light user am not facing it. The android says it is KitKat 4.4.2. Guys is there any difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 versions of KitKat. This is my first android phone and hence am pretty much a noon in this regard.

Regards,
Subhra
How good is the camera, specially in low light?
Old 14th February 2015, 09:54   #20677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
How good is the camera, specially in low light?
Nothing great. Just about does the job however with flash on it clicks okay quality just good enough to share on social networking sites. That's all.
Old 14th February 2015, 22:53   #20678
Distinguished - BHPian

For some weird reason, the call waiting option on my Nexus 5 keeps getting deactivated on its own. Any explanation for it?
Old 15th February 2015, 00:04   #20679
BHPian

Has anyone used stylus with phones other than Note series? Because xperia z2 says stylus support.
Old 15th February 2015, 14:11   #20680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My friend is looking to replace his Nexus 4 and has narrowed down to the following 3 phones:
1. Nexus 6
2. Moto X
3. HTC one M8.
I suggest he should keep the nexus cause its a great and sturdy phone and go for the cheaper but better OnePlus One, which sells on amazon. You won't get 64 Gig of internal memory at that price I guess.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 15th February 2015 at 14:16.
Old 15th February 2015, 20:21   #20681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick query with all you mobile phone experts out there!

Need to buy a phone for the wife (she lost her Sony M2 Dual SIM phone today - it's not traceable even with the Xperia tracker).

Requirements:
  • Substantial standby time
  • Has to be dual SIM (she uses Airtel + MTNL Dolphin - both GSM). Doesn't matter what type of SIM, I'll need to get new SIMs issued again anyway
  • Reasonably hang-free
  • Budget 10k or so
  • Oh, yes, and it has to be Android, not Windows
What would you recommend? (Please recommend by tonight, I'll need to order online ASAP).

My shortlist at present (not necessarily in that order):
  • Alcatel One Touch Flash
  • Lenovo S850
  • Lenovo A859
  • LG L90 Dual Sim
Please feel free to recommend any other phone besides the above, and I would especially like to know your opinions about the phones I have listed - especially user opinions if any.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 15th February 2015 at 20:26.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:14   #20682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post

Requirements:[list][*]Substantial standby time[*]Has to be dual SIM (she uses Airtel + MTNL Dolphin - both GSM). Doesn't matter what type of SIM, I'll need to get new SIMs issued again anyway[*]Reasonably hang-free[*]Budget 10k or so
According to your requirements, I would recommend the Moto G. It has good battery life and does not hang owing to the near stock Android OS.
It's slightly above your budget at 13k but, I think it's worth it.

Last edited by Marauder : 15th February 2015 at 21:19.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:20   #20683

Quote:

Need to buy a phone for the wife (she lost her Sony M2 Dual SIM phone today - it's not traceable even with the Xperia tracker).

Requirements:
  • Has to be dual SIM (she uses Airtel + MTNL Dolphin - both GSM). Doesn't matter what type of SIM, I'll need to get new SIMs issued again anyway
  • Reasonably hang-free
  • Budget 10k or so
What would you recommend? (Please recommend by tonight, I'll need to order online ASAP).

• Lenovo S850
  • Lenovo A859
  • LG L90 Dual Sim
Please feel free to recommend any other phone besides the above, and I would especially like to know your opinions about the phones I have listed - especially user opinions if any.
I have been using Redmi 1S from Xiaomi for a while now, am pretty impressed with its performance. For your budget, I would suggest a Redmi Note 4G available @ Rs. 9999/-.
It will tick all your needs full & some more.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:21   #20684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Requirements:
  • Reasonably hang-free
  • Budget 10k or so

• Lenovo S850
  • Lenovo A859
  • LG L90 Dual Sim
As I have repeatedly said, Moto G2 (or MotoG if you can source it). 3k isnt much of an extra spend for peace of mind for the wife!

Alcatel? See http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/408879.html
Quote:
Extended time period of activity did result in evident lag. On two occasions we even encountered a non-responding OneTouch launcher
whereas the motoG2?
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/382864.html
The MotoG's have had excellent performance IMHO - worth it.
Quote:
In day-to-day use, the Moto G (2nd gen) feels like a capable phone, which won't slow you down. It is snappy and as you use it, there is no lag. Apps open in seconds, web browsing is smooth and GPS locks fast and maintains the lock while a user navigates to his or her destination. The phone can play 1080P movies in most of the common formats, including MP4.
Just for your reference, my MotoG2 recommendation comes from observing my ex-iphone5 fan friend shift to MotoG2 and using it happily since 6 months.

Last edited by phamilyman : 15th February 2015 at 21:35.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:27   #20685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
According to your requirements, I would recommend the Moto G. It has good battery life and does not hang owing to the near stock Android OS.
It's slightly above your budget at 13k but, I think it's worth it.
Moto G second Gen is the best buy to meet your needs. Just update to lollipop if missing from the box and you are good to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks