Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 12:52   #13321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please tell me whether HTC One V has network signal reception issue and Wifi issue? Users please let me know. Hope to hear soon.

Thanks
Dear HR,

1. Your phone's baseband is crashing.
OR
2. Your sim slot is faulty.
OR
3. Your phone doesnt have an IMEI and it is not able/allowed to register on the network

Either of these three.
Old 30th December 2012, 12:55   #13322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys please tell me whether HTC One V has network signal reception issue and Wifi issue? Users please let me know. Hope to hear soon.

Thanks
Hey, did you reset your phone yet?
Sameer here is using the same phone, and no such issues.
Old 30th December 2012, 13:45   #13323
Senior - BHPian

Finally, am a "smartboy" after 2months of looking around for a upgrade from a "Dumb" phone to a "smart phone". finally the search came to an end yesterday with me picking "XOLO X900"

I bought it from Flipkart for 15500, the 2k cash back offer helped me to decide on this phone, also the reviews on net helped me decide on this..

The phone is pretty good build wise and i do like the display, video quality is good in daylight, however i dint like the micro slim slot function, opening the slot is a pain and the loudspeaker is not that loud..

Now, suggest me some mush have aps thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 14:23   #13324
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Would appreciate help from you guys who are into Anti-Theft software for Android smartphones.

I recently lost my Samsung Galaxy S to a theft. I did not have any anti-theft software installed on that phone unfortunately. :(

Have got a new phone now, which is a Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Needless to say, my topmost priority is to get a good anti-theft solution.

I have installed a software named "Cerebrus" from the Android market. Also activated mobile tracking via the Samsung Account.

But here is the catch. Applications like Cerebrus work well only when your data connection is Switched on when your phone is at the hands of a Thief. For example, a thief enters invalid Lock pattern on so this app takes a photo from the front camera and via the GPS it gathers the location info and sends an Email with the same. However, I do not normally keep my data connection ON always.

Is there any other app that does not rely on Data connection ? OR, is there any way i can enable Data connection and GPS on my phone when it is Restarted ?
Old 30th December 2012, 15:37   #13325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Is there any other app that does not rely on Data connection ? OR, is there any way i can enable Data connection and GPS on my phone when it is Restarted ?
You can use SMS based apps. These apps, will alert you via SMS if a new SIM is inserted.

E.G.: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Notifier&hl=en

However, in case thief is a professional then first thing that is done is full wipe of hardware so none of the apps are going to work.

Make sure that encryption is turned on for phone, otherwise someone can get all your facebook accounts / emails / sms would be accessible and can be used for accessing your back accounts etc (Emails will provide details like DOB/Pincode that are used for verification by call centers).

Unless phone is encrypted, no anti \-theft solution saves data if phone is turned off and memory is accessed directly via JTAG.
Old 30th December 2012, 16:24   #13326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Dear HR,

1. Your phone's baseband is crashing.
OR
2. Your sim slot is faulty.
OR
3. Your phone doesnt have an IMEI and it is not able/allowed to register on the network

Either of these three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, did you reset your phone yet?
Sameer here is using the same phone, and no such issues.

I have talked to the seller and he is ready to replace the phone. I have asked him to give me a non rooted phone this time. I have shipped back the phone to him. He was also saying that if I want to go with some other phone he will do it. Thats why I am asking the question. Should I go with One V only or some other phone?
Old 30th December 2012, 16:53   #13327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
but seriously, for god's sakes. why the hell does one need that ginormous amount of RAM in a phone for simple lag free usage? Either google doesnt know how to code android, or samsung's touchwiz is crap. contacts should not lag for that reason!!
I really dont think the problem is in Google's code for stock android. The Galaxy Nexus works pretty fine with 1 GB RAM on stock JB.

I believe its Samsung's touchwiz overlays and feature additions which create havoc with android's memory management. 1 GB RAM should really be sufficient for a well functioning Unix based OS, especially when the kernel is optimized and toned down for smartphones. Else, another Unix based smartphone OS (iOS) would not have run so well on 512 MB Ram of older iDevices.

But, I am not sure whats the deal with S3 JB. ICS on S3 ran pretty fine decimating benchmarks and all!
Old 30th December 2012, 17:37   #13328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I go with One V only or some other phone?
Go for One V. It's a nice phone with excellent camera and good enough battery backup.
Old 30th December 2012, 19:23   #13329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Touchwiz is a royal mess, this and Kies are examples of why Samsung should give up on writing software.
Another such example, this the Home Page of Samsung services.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-samsung-account-error.png
Old 30th December 2012, 21:09   #13330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Am not sure about other phones, but on touchwiz based phones, even you leave data on, a thief can easily disable data connection despite the phone being pattern/pin locked. This is a big disadvantage.
Old 30th December 2012, 21:27   #13331
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a query. I was using whats app on my phone. Now I have changed my number. But the whats app on my phone is perhaps tuned to the old number. Can I change this? Or would a simple re-install would take care of the problem. Will I lose my contact list if I re-install it?
Old 30th December 2012, 22:36   #13332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Got a query. I was using whats app on my phone. Now I have changed my number. But the whats app on my phone is perhaps tuned to the old number. Can I change this? Or would a simple re-install would take care of the problem. Will I lose my contact list if I re-install it?
Delete your what'sapp account from whatsapp with your old sim. Then you can put the new sim and activate whatsapp with the new number.
Old 31st December 2012, 14:02   #13333
BHPian

Hi people,
Got myself A110 and I like it, would like to know if a screen guard is required. I feel there is a need for a case. Is there any exclusive case for this product?
Old 31st December 2012, 14:09   #13334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi people,
Got myself A110 and I like it, would like to know if a screen guard is required. I feel there is a need for a case. Is there any exclusive case for this product?
I dont think the phone comes with Gorilla glass, so it might be more prone to scratches than most of the new releases on the market today. The cases are available on the market - on ebay and at B&M stores, but the quality isnt up to the mark.
Old 31st December 2012, 14:19   #13335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
I dont think the phone comes with Gorilla glass, so it might be more prone to scratches than most of the new releases on the market today. The cases are available on the market - on ebay and at B&M stores, but the quality isnt up to the mark.
Thanks, was really concerned about this. Appreciate your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks