Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 18:41   #13291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
By default the phone connects to the system in Media Device (MTP) mode. Select the "Mount SD card" mode, and you should be able to detect the internal & external SD cards; I can do it on my MM A100 phone.
Thanks for the tip. I just realised, that I've stated the inverse, of what happens. Apps I download, go into the Internal storage [as it should] and media I add [books, audio] goes into the Internal SD card [I just figured out because I loaded the phone with a few songs].

So, there is no problem then. Apologies for not investigating properly and jumping the gun. Still, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
It is this parameter, which is influenced when a buyer posts a negative/neutral rating. Your negative feedback is visible for 6 months in sellers' history, which can also lead to demotion from power seller status and less buyers having confidence in him. Believe me, Ebay puts a lot of pressure on sellers (I have sold stuff on Ebay) for price as well as shipping cost. Some power sellers even go out of the way to please you so that you give them 5x 5* rating.

But, cases like yours do happen. I also have faced deadbeat sellers who refused to pay the return shipping charges, even after knowingly shipping a 'Chalta Hai na sir' product.

But, since Happy Roadie paid thru cheque, I doubt paisa pay would come to the rescue. He must scan the bank transaction proof etc to raise the defective item case on Ebay.
Yeah, there are rogue sellers and that can be guessed. But what I couldn't believe or accept is the level Ebay stooped to, to cancel a claim and probably favour a seller [which I am unable to establish]. Its Ebay's handling of claim that I'm more worried about, than sellers. That Paisapay guarantee, for me now, holds no assurance of a safe and/or peaceful buying experience.
Old 28th December 2012, 08:30   #13292
BHPian

I had a very good experience with Paisa pay. There were two instances when I wanted my refunds and eBay did that after checking with me all the details. So there could be few bad cases but there are some good examples as well. In my case it worked both times.
Old 28th December 2012, 08:52   #13293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Got the Micromax A90S last week for fiancee and find that the phone is good but voice clarity is pathetic. Voice comes as muffled and not clear at all. Are there any settings within to improve clarity. Any A90S users who can comment?
Yes I own a A90S and voice clarity is good. At least as good as Nokia N82. Also I suggest not to update the google maps when play store gives you option. I believe the latest 6.14.1 version has issues in GPS fix. PM me if you need any further details.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:03   #13294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Yes I own a A90S and voice clarity is good. At least as good as Nokia N82. Also I suggest not to update the google maps when play store gives you option. I believe the latest 6.14.1 version has issues in GPS fix. PM me if you need any further details.
Thanks man. Overall phone is good. My fiancee can hear me well but I am not able to hear her properly. Don't know why. It happens only with that phone.

Haven't yet tried the maps but I had read that there was an update to fix the GPS.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:05   #13295
BHPian

My phone has FINALLY been able to get a taste of ICS, via Cyanogenmod 9.1.

Vanilla Android is brilliant!!

I must say, the OS runs buttery smooth, even on the lowly 600MHz processor. Just goes to show how much resources the Sense UI was consuming.

The Home Screen:

Name:  Screenshot_20121228080725.png
Views: 507
Size:  96.4 KB

About Phone:

Name:  Screenshot_20121228080809.png
Views: 645
Size:  68.1 KB

And this is the best bit - Oh yeah, 2GB internal memory on a phone which had only 150MB when I bought it!!

Name:  Screenshot_20121228080848.png
Views: 527
Size:  80.8 KB

Special thanks to BHPians clevermax and phamilyman for showing me how to achieve this.

Have noticed a definite improvement in battery life, but it's too early to say for sure.
Will calibrate the battery today and will post the results.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:51   #13296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post

My fiancee can hear me well but I am not able to hear her properly. Don't know why. It happens only with that phone.
Terribly Off-Topic, but could not resist.

You mean to say that such technology really exists now. If this applies to wives and girlfriends too this might be the tech show piece of the year.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:03   #13297
Senior - BHPian

got my A110 Micromax yesterday. pretty impressive kit but i am having trouble accessing wi-fi. any thoughts on that?
Old 28th December 2012, 12:07   #13298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
got my A110 Micromax yesterday. pretty impressive kit but i am having trouble accessing wi-fi. any thoughts on that?
Wi-fi detection and getting it on is a 1 minute affair. What trouble are you facing with it? If you could elaborate, experts could try helping.

Congrats on a wise buy, hope it serves you (and me and many others who've bought it] well.

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th December 2012 at 12:09.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:18   #13299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

Terribly Off-Topic, but could not resist.

You mean to say that such technology really exists now. If this applies to wives and girlfriends too this might be the tech show piece of the year.
Try getting one and check for yourself to see if you get lucky :-)
Old 28th December 2012, 12:19   #13300
Senior - BHPian

thanks Ajay

Im getting authentication failed. on teh same home wifi, my BB, Galaxy, and Micromax funbook have no issue connecting
Old 28th December 2012, 12:28   #13301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
thanks Ajay

Im getting authentication failed. on teh same home wifi, my BB, Galaxy, and Micromax funbook have no issue connecting
Ummm.. Not sure why. I didn't face such an issue and I'm not technically sound to guess what it could be. Try android forums [xda, slatedroid, etc.] and you might get help.

In any case, our resident experts will be here in no time, giving you the perfect resolution. Hold on..

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th December 2012 at 12:33.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:31   #13302
Senior - BHPian

Any Defy users who have upgraded to the 3500 mAh battery?
Is it worth it? If yes, please suggest a good source for the same?
Else, if you have gone for the original Defy 1500 mAh battery, do provide indicative pricing.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:44   #13303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Else, if you have gone for the original Defy 1500 mAh battery, do provide indicative pricing.
I Got one from DHGate.com, this was about an year back. They ship even a single piece to India, but takes more than 15days. Costs around 700 odd bucks at that time. 0-99% works like normal Defy Battery. Once it reaches 1% it goes on for some more time.

Pros
- Extra Juice

Cons
- Bulky
- Makes your Defy look ugly
- Cannot accurately predict when your Battery is gonna run out!!

I do not use it usually, I use my Defy Battery everyday. Whenever i go out, i keep this as backup. You can get atleast 3-4hrs of extra time. I have never really tried to "test" it out.
Old 28th December 2012, 13:05   #13304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
http://www.fommy.co.in/motorola/motorola-defy-mb525.htm

2400mAh with back door for 1999/- & standard 1200mAh is 1499/-. This looks expensive though..
Old 28th December 2012, 22:12   #13305
BHPian

My sister is on lookout for a HTC phone with budget max 20k . The tie is between HTC One V and Desire X. Kindly anyone shed light that which is better. And also at what price both iare being currently retailed at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks