Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 10:04   #13426
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
HTC One V has 512 MB main memory but why in my phone it is showing only 366 MB?

Attachment 1035734
The rest of the RAM is reserved for system and is not available to users. Its normal in android world If you're facing any issues of low RAM, there are kernels which allows users to take more RAM.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:06   #13427
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, looking to buy an Andorid Smartphone in the range of 8-10k ( 10k is the upper limit). Usage is basic Net surfing, FB, Whats app etc and nothing too fancy. Which all phones should I look at? How are the newer brands like Karbonna and Micromax in terms of reliability? I was looking at some of the phones in this price range and could spot a few:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84
HTC Wildfire S & explorer.

Confused if should go with trusted brand like HTC or the new players like Karbonn and Micromax?
Old 9th January 2013, 16:22   #13428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi, looking to buy an Andorid Smartphone in the range of 8-10k ( 10k is the upper limit). Usage is basic Net surfing, FB, Whats app etc and nothing too fancy. Which all phones should I look at? How are the newer brands like Karbonna and Micromax in terms of reliability? I was looking at some of the phones in this price range and could spot a few:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

Confused if should go with trusted brand like HTC or the new players like Karbonn and Micromax?
Also check out the Sony Tipo and Samsung Galaxy Music. They have pretty decent specs.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:07   #13429
BHPian

Quote:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

Micromax A110 is one of the best bet as on date. It is topping popularity charts on famous GSM mobile sites. I am using one along with my Note2 and found it to be a real VFM.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:12   #13430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, looking to buy an Andorid Smartphone in the range of 8-10k ( 10k is the upper limit).
I was looking at some of the phones in this price range and could spot a few:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

Specs wise the Samsung/Sony/LG phones available for 8-10k don't match up with the ones available in Micromax & Karbonn. The only factor(s) on which the former ones are stronger is the reliability factor & brand name. However to be frank, I haven't seen any negative cases on the forum for Micromax (or Karbonn), nor any experiences of their after-sales.

P.s. I own a MM A100, and am quite satisfied with the mobile.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:37   #13431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

Unless you get a lemon, the A110's worst performance will still eat the likes of HTC explorer for breakfast, lunch and dinner

-- source - my office reception staff's A110. It was quite nice, much to my shock!!

But honestly, PLEASE WAIT for Nokia 620. 12k and launching next Monday - it should be out and out awesome IMHO - no more ROM/mod natak required.
Old 9th January 2013, 19:28   #13432
Senior - BHPian

My FIL wants a phone in the 8-10K range and I could only see Karbonn A9+ and MMX A110 which are good in specs as compared to stripped down versions of HTC and Samsungs.

The MMX A110 ticks all the items except its poor display PPI scrore of 190. How is the display? Any pixalation observed at the icon edges? I dont want him to end up with a poor display.
Old 9th January 2013, 20:17   #13433
BHPian

Hello, I am new to flashing on android devices. Can anyone tell me, is it possible to flash a factory image of Nexus 7 JOP40D firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ?
Old 9th January 2013, 21:38   #13434
BHPian

No brother you can't port the Nexus 7 image into galaxy tab! Its like fitting a Merc part into a Maruti Swift..
Old 9th January 2013, 22:20   #13435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Hello, I am new to flashing on android devices. Can anyone tell me, is it possible to flash a factory image of Nexus 7 JOP40D firmware on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 ?
You'll brick it forever. Framework, libs, drivers, etc are all different on these devices.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:51   #13436
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't P3100 supported by CM10?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1791975

Simply install it and you'll have near identical functionality.
Old 9th January 2013, 23:16   #13437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Sameerg001,

Has your phone returned from the service centre yet ?
Not yet, they have promised it on friday. Hope to get it by then.

Quote:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

Go ahead with Micromax A110, Best of the lot. BTW what happened to your S2 ?

Last edited by sameerg001 : 9th January 2013 at 23:18.
Old 10th January 2013, 08:26   #13438
BHPian

Apart from A110 & A21 , how is performance of iball Andi 4.5h?
It got same mediatek processor but qHD dislpay & 1gb of ram.
Anyone here bought it?

My friend is confused between above 3.
Old 10th January 2013, 09:04   #13439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karbonn A9 & A11
Micromax A84

I bought a Pantech Burst from ibhejo. Cost me Rs8235 and its a fantastic phone for the price. Only downside is average battery life.

What all do you get for Rs8235:

1.5GHz dual core snapdragon processor
1GB RAM
5MP camera with flash
4inch AMOLED screen
Android ICS 4.0.4
4G LTE (useless in India as of now)

Got the phone yesterday, rooted, removed all AT&T apps, installed nova launcher. Phone is super snappy!
Old 10th January 2013, 10:12   #13440
BHPian

Quote:
No chance Between, why you want to change? I am happy with the stock JB on this device. Super smooth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks