Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 17:34   #5926
BHPian

http://www.foniacs.co.uk/sony-ericss...-sim-free.html

Final price including shipping is the same because we dont have to pay local taxes.

REALLY GOOD DEAL. Half price
Old 27th September 2011, 22:42   #5927
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I'm thinking of selling off my month old HTC Desire S..it is a great phone but i'm a heavy texting person,the only thing I miss in the phone is a physical keyboard......now I'm thinking of buying a phone with a keypad within a budget of 20k...have shortlisted only Blackberry Bold 3 as of now but I'm not too keen on BB.

So I would like to know are there any android phones out there(except HTC Chacha)which have a physical keyboard?
Old 27th September 2011, 23:28   #5928
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy S II Rom update - 2.3.5

Just wanted to share new Rom update available for SGS2, Android 2.3.5 with KI3 Rom. Stock leaked rom is available at Login - www.SamFirmware.com

The other option is from forum.xda-developers at [ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/2/3/4, KI1/2/3/4 Download - xda-developers

Other custom Rom available with KI3 Rom, 2.3.5 seems to have improved both performance and battery life to great extent with some users experiencing better sound quality and seems stable compared to Kh3, KI4 which is 2.3.4

Definitely worth upgrading

Last edited by Invinsible : 27th September 2011 at 23:31.
Old 28th September 2011, 02:17   #5929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy S which I have been using for quite some time. Recently though, I am facing a unique problem. The phone switches itself off automatically sometimes. It happens at any time: during calls, when on standby etc. The only option for me then is to reboot by removing the battery.

I am at a loss to understand what might be the problem. Any pointers please or anyone has faced this problem before?
You may need to install the OS again. May be upgrade or do a factory reset. My friend had similar problem with 2.2 froyo. I installed 2.3.4 and its all good with improved battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I am totally confounded.
I try again 10 minutes later, and the phone is very silent now.

Any clues??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I have not followed your posts so I don't know what phone you own, but if it is a Samsung phone, try this. Turn on wifi and play a Youtube video (which lasts long) or play some audio that lasts long (at least half n hour) at full volume. After few attempts, your speaker should work just fine. This does sound weird, but it works .
This started happening to my Galaxy S two days back. When i play movie in youtube, the sounds goes off and comes on. I have to press speaker from back cover if i have to hear some voice else it goes off. Is the speaker going bad or is it the GB 2.3.4?

My alarms do come on time without missing a beat. But with music player, i have to do the same thing, press on the back cover near speakers and it comes up or else no sound. My phone did fall a couple of times. Could it be because of that?

Any ideas?
Old 28th September 2011, 07:36   #5930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
I'm thinking of selling off my month old HTC Desire S..it is a great phone but i'm a heavy texting person,the only thing I miss in the phone is a physical keyboard......now I'm thinking of buying a phone with a keypad within a budget of 20k...have shortlisted only Blackberry Bold 3 as of now but I'm not too keen on BB.

So I would like to know are there any android phones out there(except HTC Chacha)which have a physical keyboard?
Have you tried install SWYPE. It is much much faster than texting!!
Old 28th September 2011, 07:59   #5931
BHPian

S2 has 2.3.5 unofficial release and here is a guide to install it.

Dialandroid: Install Android 2.3.5 I9100XXKI3 on Galaxy S2 (SII) Guide, Review & changelog
Old 28th September 2011, 08:00   #5932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
My alarms do come on time without missing a beat. But with music player, i have to do the same thing, press on the back cover near speakers and it comes up or else no sound. My phone did fall a couple of times. Could it be because of that?

Any ideas?
I'm not sure about your particular issue, in my case speaker was not working at all. I mean, very faint sound was coming out, but that was negligible. I had inquired in the service center and they had told me that there was a problem with the speakers used in Galaxy S and Wave. They had agreed to replace the speaker in my phone but it would take 2-3 weeks just to source new speaker components. So I googled around for this issue and found this weird trick. It worked for me and there hasn't been any issue with speaker so far. Touch wood.
Old 28th September 2011, 09:56   #5933
BHPian

Android gurus, please help. I am in market for an android and had almost zeroed in on the Xperia Neo. But when I was in the shop checking the model, came to know that it doesn't support normal 3G video call. Is that true? Also the shop guy told me most of the android (barring Galaxy S and S II) doesn't support conventional 3G video call (even the ones with a secondary cam). I was really frustrated and came back. Can anybody throw some light on this? Like any custom ROMs will help or should I wait for some model with 3G video call to be released. I personally am not a fan of the Galaxy design, so heart says no to it. But 3G video call is a MUST for me.
Old 28th September 2011, 10:23   #5934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
www.foniacs.co.uk/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-sim-free.html

Final price including shipping is the same because we dont have to pay local taxes.

REALLY GOOD DEAL. Half price
this is only for UK. i suppose we have to pay taxes if we want to get it shipped to India.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:19   #5935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
this is only for UK. i suppose we have to pay taxes if we want to get it shipped to India.
Nope.only UK residents have to pay the VAT.international buyers have to pay the actual price (149 pounds) plus shipping .so the actual amount is the same as what the UK people pay as they have VAT but no shipping charges.

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 28th September 2011 at 12:21.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:22   #5936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post

HTC desire Z available at www.saholic.com,or the xperia mini pro
Old 28th September 2011, 13:28   #5937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other custom Rom available with KI3 Rom, 2.3.5 seems to have improved both performance and battery life to great extent with some users experiencing better sound quality and seems stable compared to Kh3, KI4 which is 2.3.4
I am waiting for Batista Rom to use the 2.3.5 base and KI3 or KI5 and use the same. I have settled to Batista Rom and its perfect for what i do. Get 2 days battery easilly.

I tried the 2.3.5, but battery life wasnt really great compared to the Batista 2.3.4 version on ninp kernal.

I had to load an old boot loader to clear the count and use a Jig. The new 2.3.5 with its boot loader is not recognizing the jig for reset. Hence waiting for Batista rom upgrades.
Old 28th September 2011, 14:51   #5938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am waiting for Batista Rom to use the 2.3.5 base and KI3 or KI5 and use the same. I have settled to Batista Rom and its perfect for what i do. Get 2 days battery easilly.

I tried the 2.3.5, but battery life wasnt really great compared to the Batista 2.3.4 version on ninp kernal.

I had to load an old boot loader to clear the count and use a Jig. The new 2.3.5 with its boot loader is not recognizing the jig for reset. Hence waiting for Batista rom upgrades.
I am currently running Lite'ning ROM v5.0 with Ninphetamine 2.0.5 kernel.

I agree on waiting for Modded ROMs based on the 2.3.5 Stock ROM. After using a modded ROM its not easy to settle for unmodded one. The lil things like extended power menus, Root access, modded themes etc have me hooked.

VW2010: Please keep us posted if/when Batista based on 2.3.5 is available.
Old 28th September 2011, 15:17   #5939
Senior - BHPian

Batista rom is updated to KI3 yesterday but its a fill wipe version.
I moved from Litening 6.1 to Revolution 2.6 and now 2.7. Yet need to test how the battery puts out with 2.7
Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 15:26   #5940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am currently running Lite'ning ROM v5.0 with Ninphetamine 2.0.5 kernel.
I found the Lite 6.1, on Ninph 2.1.3 and ragemod kernal gave the best battery in Litening set up.

The Batista 70 is definitely better than Litening for me. It comes with a host of features that Litening is missing. I would advice Batista over Litening.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks