Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 13:17   #6076
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
Thank you.

I know that the resistive touchscreen of C5-03 is very disappointing. And more or less I have sidelined that option. The NOKIA 500 has a 3.2'' LCD screen and looks quite promising. Not sure when it'll launch or its price tag. Internet rumors suggest it to be near about 11,000/- INR.

Now could you tell me your opinion about DELL XCD35 ?
It comes with a 3.5'' TFT LCD screen. Have checked it out myself. Brilliant resolution and display. Its latest model comes with 2.2 Froyo OS version and retails at 8700/- INR.

Please let me know.

Thanks

The DELL XCD 35 is the best phone you can buy at that price.but the service support is horribly confused.no complaints about the phone though
Old 7th October 2011, 13:55   #6077
BHPian

All,

I am planning to buy a touch phone this Diwali and my budget is upto 30K. Which all models I can look. Or do i need to wait for the iphone4s?. I am having the below ones in my mind.
iphone 4, samsung G2, HTC models, Balckberry.

For me , the imp should be like screen resolution, camera, video recording in HD, 3G etc.

This will my first touch phone.

Regards,
Gopi
Old 7th October 2011, 14:01   #6078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
The NeoV is launched in India with price tag of 20125 which is good. On net it may be bought below 20000. It is not available in Mumbai though as many on GSM arena have reported.
It is available on Ebay with manufacturer warranty for 16.5. Link posted a couple of pages ago. I like that phone though.
Old 7th October 2011, 14:15   #6079
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gingerbread..Gingerbread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
clevermax's phone runs on a custom ROM, MIUI 1.9.23 based on 2.3.5 Gingerbread.

PS: My phone runs on 2.3.3 Gingerbread.

headers, I hope this helps. Please feel free to ping me, in case of any further queries.

Hey Thanks..I knew this method and have already done it..the problem is if my screen is unlocked and the kids start fiddling the phone

Now, can I run 2.3.3 Gingerbread too..If I download ODIN and get the map of the ROM, is it possible to do it in a Galaxy 3 - I5801?

I would like to know the advantages of rooting..

Else am happy if I can get the phone to be fast!!!!!
Old 7th October 2011, 16:38   #6080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
I know that the resistive touchscreen of C5-03 is very disappointing. And more or less I have sidelined that option. The NOKIA 500 has a 3.2'' LCD screen and looks quite promising. Not sure when it'll launch or its price tag. Internet rumors suggest it to be near about 11,000/- INR.

Now could you tell me your opinion about DELL XCD35 ?
It comes with a 3.5'' TFT LCD screen. Have checked it out myself. Brilliant resolution and display. Its latest model comes with 2.2 Froyo OS version and retails at 8700/- INR.
Nokia 500 will have a capacitive touch screen, hopefully it would be responsive. It is being touted as a budget smart phone for the masses. There is no confirmation, but price should be within 10k.

I don't have personal experience with XCD35, but I have read user reviews in which users were complaining about the phone getting heated while charging and during long calls. If you are looking for a long lasting phone, I wouldn't recommend this one. This is basically a rebadged Chinese phone.

Another issue is that XCD35 is a triband 2G and single band 3G phone. It does not cover all the frequency bands. On the other hand, Nokia 500 is quad band 2G and penta band 3G compatible. You can use this phone anywhere on earth.

XCD35's internal memory and processor speed are very less for an Android phone. Nokia 500 has 2GB internal memory and 1GHz processor.

Rohan
Old 7th October 2011, 16:42   #6081
Senior - BHPian

@n_c, that is an awesome jump! Congratulations!
Old 7th October 2011, 16:55   #6082
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea about the availability of SGS2 in WHITE color? There is only one dealer offering on eBay and that too more than 36K. SGS2 looks awesome in white.

Any ideas where we can get it cheaper? What about getting it from UK/Australia?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 7th October 2011, 16:57   #6083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@n_c, that is an awesome jump! Congratulations!
Thanks govigov!

I hit the 1st road block - downloaded Kies and when installing it gives me a error "Not connected to the internet - please recheck and try again"

Samsung - you fool - how the heck did I download Kies if I am not connected to the internet !

Any work around this ?
Old 7th October 2011, 17:21   #6084
BANNED

Here is the upcoming Samsung Nexus Prime . Running with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Spec:

- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

- 4.65-inch screen, resolution 1280 x 720 pixel AMOLED HD Super curved glass

- TI OMAP 4460 processor dual-core Cortex A9 at 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory

- 5 megapixel camera that shoots in 1080p and 1.3 megapixel video call;

- LTE or HSPA (depending on the operator), Wi-Fi a / b / g / n, NFC

- 1750 mAh battery, 9.9 mm thick.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-nexusprimefront1.jpg Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream1.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream2.jpg Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream3.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream4.jpg Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream5.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream6.jpg Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream7.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-icecream8.jpg

[Source]

Last edited by wildon : 7th October 2011 at 17:24. Reason: Spec added
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 18:43   #6085
BHPian

Down with SAMSUNG

My Samsung galaxy 3 has given up,

I saw an firmware update and started upgrading ( using KIES) . In middle of upgrade an error accoutred. KIES asked me to note down the error code and run the repair program from another PC .

Since i did not had another PC i rebooted the same PC again and this time was able to successfully upgrade the build number : FROYODDJP6.

Next day onwards phone was not able to pick any incoming sound properly. even while doing audio recording i was able to hear a lot of disturbances . So I am unable to use the phone as the other party cannot hear my voice clearly .

Since i had not rooted the device and phone is still under warranty , i went to SAMSUNG centre. I was told that phone had some liquid and they will not honour any warranty. They asked me to foot a bill of 4100 Rs which I declined.

Please advise on what to do now. I will never go to SAMSUNG again , looking for a sturdy phone like defy with 1 GHz processor.
Kool_Kid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 19:04   #6086
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gingerbread..Gingerbread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey clever..what OS are you running? Cos I'm running Eclair and am not able to do some of the suggestions given by you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
clevermax's phone runs on a custom ROM, MIUI 1.9.23 based on 2.3.5 Gingerbread.
Actually it is MIUI 1.9.30. I upgraded to it recently. It's the best ROM I've come across so far. I like CM7 but compared to MIUI it feels a lot basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey Thanks..I knew this method and have already done it..the problem is if my screen is unlocked and the kids start fiddling the phone
I have a 'Guard' mode which hides call history, sms & e-mail and also locks the screen icons in their place, so I can peacefully give my phone to anyone who wants to check it out.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-shot.png

How do I get the screenshots easily to my PC? The MIUI file explorer has an ftp service.
Several things that you would install as user apps from market in other ROMs comes free and as part of the OS with MIUI.

Last edited by clevermax : 7th October 2011 at 19:18.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:45   #6087
BANNED

Came across this app today.

Auto Complaint Bangalore

Quote:
File complaint against errant Auto drivers to the RTO easily using this App. This application makes it easy to email RTO against the errant auto drivers. Details of how to complaint without this app can also be found at Transport Department
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Old 7th October 2011, 21:00   #6088
BHPian

If you guys use Amazon App Store. Download "Paper Camera" app, that's available for free only today. One of the best apps I have EVER seen. Hands down winner.
HellwratH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 23:02   #6089
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I hit the 1st road block - downloaded Kies and when installing it gives me a error "Not connected to the internet - please recheck and try again"

Samsung - you fool - how the heck did I download Kies if I am not connected to the internet !
If purpose is to use as a pc suite - yes, you can try uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
My Samsung galaxy 3 has given up,
Not if you can get into download mode.

Quote:
I saw an firmware update and started upgrading ( using KIES) . In middle of upgrade an error accoutred. KIES asked me to note down the error code and run the repair program from another PC .
That is mistake #1. Whenever possible, use ODIN. Kies is more temperamental than most females.

Quote:
Since i did not had another PC i rebooted the same PC again and this time was able to successfully upgrade the build number : FROYODDJP6.
So, you have a working phone, right?

Quote:
Next day onwards phone was not able to pick any incoming sound properly. even while doing audio recording i was able to hear a lot of disturbances . So I am unable to use the phone as the other party cannot hear my voice clearly .
Albeit, not working properly.

Quote:

Since i had not rooted the device and phone is still under warranty , i went to SAMSUNG centre. I was told that phone had some liquid and they will not honour any warranty. They asked me to foot a bill of 4100 Rs which I declined.
Rightly. Try another service center.

Or use ODIN and a ROM image from samfirmware.

Quote:
Please advise on what to do now. I will never go to SAMSUNG again , looking for a sturdy phone like defy with 1 GHz processor.
Dude, want to sell your new paper weight??? (errr..... none of the things I said above will work .... <grin - hope you will not notice my grin > I will buy it for 1K (with the box, charger, USB cable and headphone). It is paper weight after all ....I will pay for postage....
Old 8th October 2011, 00:03   #6090
Senior - BHPian

Just had a dekho of ICS on nexus prime. the phone specs are good but ICS itself is ugly and disappointing. i dont think iphone has anything to worry about. google you suck. At least MS are doing some beautiful things. now that i cant stand apple and google is disappointing me like anthing, next phone will be MS (or a 900 rupee "feature phone")

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks