Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 00:50   #6091
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone see the siri demo on YouTube? Wow! That iphone is really powerful.
Old 8th October 2011, 07:27   #6092
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gingerbread..Gingerbread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have a 'Guard' mode which hides call history, sms & e-mail and also locks the screen icons in their place, so I can peacefully give my phone to anyone who wants to check it out.

Attachment 822808

How do I get the screenshots easily to my PC? The MIUI file explorer has an ftp service.
Several things that you would install as user apps from market in other ROMs comes free and as part of the OS with MIUI.
Hey clever, what guard mode are you using? and how do i get to MIUI on my phone?

cheers

EDIT: Searched and realised that MIUI does not have an image for my phone..

Last edited by headers : 8th October 2011 at 07:38.
Old 8th October 2011, 11:56   #6093
BHPian

Re: LG O1 (P500) Low on space, issue.

I am getting this 'Low on Space' notifications on my LG O1 (P500). How do one go about clearing the space on this device? Please help!

Old 8th October 2011, 11:58   #6094
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Guys,

Any idea about the availability of SGS2 in WHITE color? There is only one dealer offering on eBay and that too more than 36K. SGS2 looks awesome in white.

Any ideas where we can get it cheaper? What about getting it from UK/Australia?

Cheers!
Irish
You could try mobilefun.co.uk They can ship it through DHL services. Check up for the prices.

Or alternate choice get the black version and get SGP Glass shield in white to protect it with a white case. You device will be protected plus gives you a white SGS2. Here's a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-p1010550.jpg  

Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 12:02   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru
I am getting this 'Low on Space' notifications on my LG O1 (P500). How do one go about clearing the space on this device? Please help!

I have an ext3 partition in my sd card which is seen by the phone as internal memory, so I can install tons of apps in it. I have the Dalvik cache also on the sd card. If you are a rooted user, you can explore this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Hey clever, what guard mode are you using?
It's a feature of my ROM.

Last edited by clevermax : 8th October 2011 at 12:04.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 12:05   #6096
BHPian

Re: Low on Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I have an ext3 partition in my sd card which is seen by the phone as internal memory, so I can install tons of apps in it. I have the Dalvik cache also on the sd card. If you are a rooted user, you can explore this option.
Thanks. I have got my phone rooted. But how does one partition the SD card and move the dalvik cache to SD?
Old 8th October 2011, 12:54   #6097
Senior - BHPian

10 hrs+, battery at 100%

Been on Revolution 2.7.1 since day one however wasn't happy with the battery result. Decided to flash again but this time with full wipe/ factory reset. I did full wipe / factory reset, Clear the cache and dalvik cache along with it formatted the system.
After which I installed the stock 2.3.5 version, flashed 2.7.1 rom over it after clearing cache & Dalvik, factory reset again with Chainfire stock KI3 kernal, removed all the samsung bloatware, installed only App from Titanium backup not the data, setup mail through K9mail. The phone is still on 100-0-100 calibration cycle. First full charge was last night with 2 hours over charge total of 5 hour charge.
Last night left the phone on ideal with 2G on and this morning after 8 hours I was amazed to see the results, it still showed 100% After 10 hours it still showed 100% only dropped to 99% after 10 and half hour. I just checked in notification which showed GPS on which means it stayed on full night. Not sure by putting off how much difference it would have added.

For the first time ever I have seen these results. Last I saw the best 2% drop on Litening Rom 4.2 with ninphetamine 2.0.2 kernal after 8 hours sleep.

No UV, OC, UC for stock kernal this is best it can get. Below are the screen shots.
Attached Images

Old 8th October 2011, 12:56   #6098
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
1. Which android and ROM version are you using?
2. Does this mean internal memory or SD card memory?
3. Do you have a2sd or titanum backup installed?
4. IIRC, 2.3.* installs Market apps on the SD card, so most of internal memory is free.

Quote:
Thanks. I have got my phone rooted. But how does one partition the SD card and move the dalvik cache to SD?
To create an ext3 partiton, you will need a Linux PC (or boot from a live linux cd).

The detailed process is explained within last 5 or 6 days on this thread. Pleace look into previous pages.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:03   #6099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
1. Which android and ROM version are you using?

- 2.3.3 and Stock ROM.

2. Does this mean internal memory or SD card memory?

- Internal Memory

3. Do you have a2sd or titanum backup installed?

- Titanium : Yes A2SD : No

4. IIRC, 2.3.* installs Market apps on the SD card, so most of internal memory is free.

- Just now Installed 2.3.3, earlier was on Froyo.

To create an ext3 partiton, you will need a Linux PC (or boot from a live linux cd).

The detailed process is explained within last 5 or 6 days on this thread. Pleace look into previous pages.

- Any other way this can be done? I do not have access to Linux PC.
Answers above. Please advice.

Last edited by JMaruru : 8th October 2011 at 14:04.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:11   #6100
BANNED

Well, does the low memory issue come up with 2.3.3?? On my S 5570, apps are automatically installed to the SD card. I think this is default. And titanum backup means phone is rooted???

Moving apps to SD card is possible even without an ext3 partition now. Actually, apps on sdcard is default with GB.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:24   #6101
BHPian

Quote:
Well, does the low memory issue come up with 2.3.3?? On my S 5570, apps are automatically installed to the SD card. I think this is default. And titanum backup means phone is rooted???

Moving apps to SD card is possible even without an ext3 partition now. Actually, apps on sdcard is default with GB.
Yeah. The Phone is rooted, but was running froyo earlier and so had all applications on internal memory. Today, updated to 2.3.3. Let me try with the apps2SD app from Sam Hu.

Thanks.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:37   #6102
BANNED

You should first check if you need such apps at all.

Install TB and check if apps are on phone or on the card.
Old 8th October 2011, 16:28   #6103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
You could try mobilefun.co.uk They can ship it through DHL services. Check up for the prices.

Or alternate choice get the black version and get SGP Glass shield in white to protect it with a white case. You device will be protected plus gives you a white SGS2. Here's a pic of mine.
Thanks Invisible.

It seems that yours is a BLACK one with a white case?

Anybody got any experience in getting the white SGS2 from UK via mobilefun.co.uk? Or should I ask any friend of mine to carry it along with him?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 8th October 2011, 17:17   #6104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You don't really need a Linux PC or boot image to create an ext3 partition. Check this out.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:34   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, am planning to buy an app on Android market... Is it safe to give out your credit card details to do the same? Has anyone done that before?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks