Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 10:44   #5776
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11mahesh11 View Post
c: Do i need to charge my S2 for 10 hrs, for the first 3 to 4 charge cycle, as it was told by my reseller, who seems to have good knowledge about samsung mobiles.
Normally my S2 is fully charged within 3-1/2 hrs.
Can i afford to keep overcharging for 10 hrs.
post a full charge, most phones go to trickle charge, just above the poverty line, so i dont think there is any issue such as overcharging.

All my phone over the past 5 years have been on charger overnight, and i have never had to change a battery before i decided to change the phone.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 11:20   #5777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could also try Ragemod T30. Ninphetamine 2.1.2 & 2.1.3 gave equal battery result. I found Ninphetamine 2.1.2 much smoother.
The new Speedmod T39 has brightness setting altered when using auto brightness feature, could make slight improvement haven't tested though.

What are you UV setting ?
I am on T-30 now. I can still say with games/watching videos and full time synch i am at 46% at 11:18. Thats close to a day and a half so far.

The voltage setting is the same that you shared.

Only difference is that i am running the phone at normal speeds without reducing it while usage.

Only while sleep i am running the phone at 800. Going to try 500 in idle mode and see if that helps as well.

So far the best set up is 6.1 Lite, Ninp 2.1.3 and Ragemod T-30 over it.
Old 8th September 2011, 01:10   #5778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am on T-30 now. I can still say with games/watching videos and full time synch i am at 46% at 11:18. Thats close to a day and a half so far.

The voltage setting is the same that you shared.

Only difference is that i am running the phone at normal speeds without reducing it while usage.

Only while sleep i am running the phone at 800. Going to try 500 in idle mode and see if that helps as well.

So far the best set up is 6.1 Lite, Ninp 2.1.3 and Ragemod T-30 over it.
That sounds good. You can set CPU for sleep mode from 200 to 500 with 850mv, no issues. I usually put the data off at night which does result in saving up battery. On Revolution Rom that comes with Google Maps 5.6 I have found no issues in regards to RILJ dialer & GTALK_ASYNC_CONN. I am seeing usual battery loss at night like to Litening 4.1,4.2 of 2-3% with 8 hours.
It seems this issue is related to Google Maps with 5.8 and 5.9. On revolution with KH3 Rom & modem the phone goes in deep sleep.

I am not sure if I mentioned it but also try installing CSC KF3 file which has improved the network with my device.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:29   #5779
BHPian

The other day i was in a cell shop checking out some phone with a friend of mine when we got our hands on a Galaxy S2, HTC sensation, Xperia Arc. The weird thing was the Sensation. Once the display was turned on it was the least impressive of the 3 phones. We tried various things to get the phone to display things nice and bright but compared to my phone(mi 410) or any of the other phones mentioned, the display appeared dull. I was wondering whether this was a faulty phone or was this normal. On the Igyaan website this phone was compared to the S2 and the same observation was made but S2 is somthing very different. Any thoughts on this?
Old 8th September 2011, 19:07   #5780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
The other day i was in a cell shop checking out some phone with a friend of mine when we got our hands on a Galaxy S2, HTC sensation, Xperia Arc. The weird thing was the Sensation. Once the display was turned on it was the least impressive of the 3 phones. We tried various things to get the phone to display things nice and bright but compared to my phone(mi 410) or any of the other phones mentioned, the display appeared dull. I was wondering whether this was a faulty phone or was this normal. On the Igyaan website this phone was compared to the S2 and the same observation was made but S2 is somthing very different. Any thoughts on this?
I loved the sensation in comparison. I cannot comment on why you had that observation - I compared both phones as owned by friends and the sensation's UI was far ahead (sense) than touchwiz!
Old 8th September 2011, 21:47   #5781
BHPian

ANyone has an unused letsbuy.com coupon, pls PM me
Old 9th September 2011, 09:16   #5782
BHPian

^^ its not a one time coupon. You can use it with eacy buy. Just that you need a new email address/registration (i think) ?
Old 9th September 2011, 09:28   #5783
BHPian

SGS2 users, grab it while it lasts-
Free download of Asphalt 6 Adrenaline (Full version game)

Go to Samsung Apps, and search for Asphalt 6.
Old 9th September 2011, 10:43   #5784
BHPian

I am using a S2 and planning to install the CM7.1
I want to know if I can get back to the stock android OS after flashing with CM7.1 when I have issues with the phone?
Old 9th September 2011, 10:46   #5785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I want to know if I can get back to the stock android OS after flashing with CM7.1 when I have issues with the phone?
of course you can.
but i doubt you will be going back to stock....
its very addictive, flashing one after the other.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 11:46   #5786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Take a back up from CWM recovery before you go ahead with CM7 which is still underdevelopment and not all features are working fine, plus there is quite Force Close with some of the apps. In case you not happy with CM7 you could always restore the back up file.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:47   #5787
BANNED

Hard bricked!!!

I am happy to announce that I have .... errr.. ermm... (sob!! sob!!!) hard bricked by 5570. This is what happened.

I downloaded ROM manager. (has asked few pages back). It was asking for CWM recovery. Instead of using Odin, (and because one of the two threads in xda forum mentions use of this), I use ROM manager to install CWM recovery. WHile browsing for the appropriate version, I hit something, and the phone starts downloading something. I ignored the "successfully installed" message, and the phone was on for few days. The incident was clean out of mind till I did a reboot, to find a black screen. And charging was not showing the battery logo. I walked straight to the Samsung auth. serv. center.

The center's view si that there is no warranty, since the phone is imported.

Now, awaiting their report.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:10   #5788
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hard bricked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Had a similar experience many years ago with a Nokia 6100. Phone was from Singapore, duty paid etc with international warranty..did some software update / upgrade nonsense from Nokia and phone reboots to a BROWN screen..

Took it to Nokia service and got the same message inspite of showing them my international warranty etc.

Decided then That I will not buy a high end nokia again!! NEVER!!

Epilogue: Got a call a few days later telling me that the main chip inside is burnt and needs replacement. Bill was 8xxx for a phone worth 16xxx then!!!

Had to change it to boot the phone!!Changed it ..SOLD it!!rather dumped it!!

Hope you have better news!!
Old 9th September 2011, 14:14   #5789
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hard bricked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I am happy to announce that I have .... errr.. ermm... (sob!! sob!!!) hard bricked by 5570. This is what happened.

I downloaded ROM manager. (has asked few pages back). It was asking for CWM recovery. Instead of using Odin, (and because one of the two threads in xda forum mentions use of this), I use ROM manager to install CWM recovery. WHile browsing for the appropriate version, I hit something, and the phone starts downloading something. I ignored the "successfully installed" message, and the phone was on for few days. The incident was clean out of mind till I did a reboot, to find a black screen. And charging was not showing the battery logo. I walked straight to the Samsung auth. serv. center.

Support [Q] Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570L BRICKED - Android Forums

post # 4, perchance?
Old 9th September 2011, 17:39   #5790
Distinguished - BHPian

guys, a lot of you may be using the handcent sms client, but just for those who arent, or those who are not aware, the blacklist feature works wonderfully.
I added some repeat offenders( spammers) last night.
Trust me, i have not had a more peaceful day in months.
I didnt have to lose weight so i could work more from at home earning 15-20k extra per month at the prime property I bought in greater noida, and saving enough for a trip to bangkok!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks