Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:20   #5731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: mik 6.5.7 ROM on LG P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yeah, did the same. But for some reason, getting installation aborted. And then i have to restore the nandroid image.

are you getting a mount failure for the SD card, before the install gets aborted?
"device busy" or something?
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:57   #5732
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Check the MD5 hash of the ZIP file once and see if its matching. My guess would be a corrupted download.
Old 2nd September 2011, 08:26   #5733
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I flashed VOID custom ROM on my LG P500, last night. I'm getting Quadrant scores of 1k+.

PS: I soft-bricked the phone once, while flashing my phone.
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:40   #5734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I flashed VOID custom ROM on my LG P500, last night. I'm getting Quadrant scores of 1k+.

PS: I soft-bricked the phone once, while flashing my phone.
I am getting tired of waiting for the official upgrade too - was just reading up and compiling information on how to root and install a custom ROM.

Congrats! Hows the performance? Battery life?
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:54   #5735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

Yeah, did the same. But for some reason, getting installation aborted. And then i have to restore the nandroid image.
Try downloading the rom again. Take a deep breath and start again. Sometimes these things just don't go and then suddenly happen.

Do try it again.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:04   #5736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
are you getting a mount failure for the SD card, before the install gets aborted?
"device busy" or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Check the MD5 hash of the ZIP file once and see if its matching. My guess would be a corrupted download.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Try downloading the rom again. Take a deep breath and start again. Sometimes these things just don't go and then suddenly happen.Do try it again.
Guys,

I downloaded the ROM again from a different host. Again, getting some error. Have attached the error doc. Please have a look and let me know what this might be? I am on ROM Manager v4.4.0.5 and ClockWorkMod 5.0.1.0

Attached Files
File Type: doc Report.doc (15.5 KB, 383 views)

Last edited by JMaruru : 2nd September 2011 at 16:08.
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:22   #5737
Senior - BHPian

Came across a very good profile switcher app which does many more things than just switching profiles. Its a freeware with no ads and works great. It is location aware (but doesn't use GPS by default, relies on cell info) and you can automate a lot of things depending on where you are and the time of the day. App name is Llama.

It displays the rules you have set in plain English.

Name:  snap20110902_171918.png
Views: 787
Size:  62.7 KB
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:15   #5738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Came across a very good profile switcher app which does many more things than just switching profiles. Its a freeware with no ads and works great. It is location aware (but doesn't use GPS by default, relies on cell info) and you can automate a lot of things depending on where you are and the time of the day. App name is Llama.

It displays the rules you have set in plain English.

Attachment 603374
Checking it out...
Been looking for something like this for a while.
Old 2nd September 2011, 19:39   #5739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I would not recommend the HTC as HTC sales and support are pathetic. Apart from that you can choose anyone depending on cost and other features. Yes the Nexus supports only 16Gb so if you think you wouldn't need any more storage that 16GB then that's a good choice, otherwise you will have to look at Samsung's.

Between the LCD and AMOLED, i have been using Samsung Galaxy S i9003 LCD since last 6 months and its fine for general use although in sunlight it gets difficult to see whats on the screen. I believe AMOLED will help in such cases. Also pictures on AMOLED look better and sharper. Get into a store and check out the difference.
@Mayank I too used to face this same problem with my SLCD. The solution to this is to simply keep the brightness on 100% in the sun. The screen will definitely be more readable.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:32   #5740
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty this First UA ROM is! Been almost 30 hours with continuous EDGE and intermittent WIFI/BT usage and still 30% battery juice left! Not to mention the super fast speed (thanks to the removed warez etc). However I must mention that v 1.1 and v 1.2 of this rom made my phone misbehave a lot. The screen started flickering and phone also crashed once. So as of now, I've settled on v 1.0 without warez.

The only downside I noticed till now is the slightly sluggish start up. Icons take a while to appear. Also, I have not tested the GPS yet. Reports to follow on that front.
Attached Images

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 3rd September 2011 at 13:01.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:54   #5741
BANNED

samfirmware is now listing Asia Pacific v. 2.3.4 firmware for Galaxy GT-S5570 aka mini aka tab. Need to try it out next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is it true that we can't send multimedia messages on Android phones ? I got this reply when I contacted Vodafone customer support . I tried to send an mms and I would not go!! I am using Vodafone 2gb plan on my Samsung galaxy i9003.
Plain dumb customer support.

Your problem looks more like bad APN settings.

In the settings menu, under "Wireless and networks", > "Mobile Networks" > "Access Point Nemes", look for a name with "*mms" in it. it is "Idea MMS" for me. (Idea network).

Try the following and see which one succeeds.

1. Switch off and switch on.
2. Switch off, remove the sim card for a few minutes, put it in back and start your phone again. If possible, try putting in a non-Vodaphone sim and starting your phone, before putting the VOdaphone sim.
3. If that too does not work, ask the customer service to re-send you the MMS APN settings.

That will cause the network to resend the APN settings to your phone.

Normally, the APN settings are sent by the network everytime it detects a change in your handset (my experience, this is not the bible). This happens automatically. Some phones will detect this message as a "network message" and some will detect this as an SMS.

Typically, the Android will automatically identify these messages and apply these APN settings on its own. It better do that - it is supposed to be a smart OS. But did not happen for me first time I put in the SIM into my android. I went around without GPRS for a whole day, and tried BSNL sim with full success. Once I re-inserted the Idea SIM, the APN settings were detected automatically.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:59   #5742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
samfirmware is now listing Asia Pacific v. 2.3.4 firmware for Galaxy GT-S5570 aka mini aka tab. Need to try it out next.
I have noticed that ROMs for Galaxy Fit and Ace are mostly the same on many forums. If that is the case, you may also try out this S5830DDKQ5 - Stock Gingerbread for Samsung Galaxy Ace India
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:08   #5743
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I downloaded the ROM again from a different host. Again, getting some error. Have attached the error doc. Please have a look and let me know what this might be? I am on ROM Manager v4.4.0.5 and ClockWorkMod 5.0.1.0

My apologies. Your report mentions of ROM manager script, and I don't understand what ROM manager is doing if you are flashing a ROM using the clockworkmod recovery. Are you flashing the ROM using the ROM Manager? Please reboot to your device to recovery mode and flash the ROM from there.

Last edited by umvarma : 3rd September 2011 at 18:12.
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:19   #5744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
My apologies. Your report mentions of ROM manager script, and I don't understand what ROM manager is doing if you are flashing a ROM using the clockworkmod recovery. Are you flashing the ROM using the ROM Manager? Please reboot to your device to recovery mode and flash the ROM from there.
Well, it almost worked.. almost. As you thought, i was doing it from ROM Manager earlier, and this time got into recovery and then chose the option of 'Install zip from SD'. Got the message 'Installation Complete', so opted for 'Reboot'. Now on rebooting it is getting stuck on CM7 boot screen. Somehow, seems this is not for me. So going back to restore the nandroid image.
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:39   #5745
BANNED

Quote:
Well, it almost worked.. almost. As you thought, i was doing it from ROM Manager earlier, and this time got into recovery and then chose the option of 'Install zip from SD'. Got the message 'Installation Complete', so opted for 'Reboot'. Now on rebooting it is getting stuck on CM7 boot screen. Somehow, seems this is not for me. So going back to restore the nandroid image.
Did you clear the cache and reset the phone - from the recovery menu?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks