Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:42   #6481

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Check the file name of the image. If it is something like DSC00005.jpg where the number has not gone up to a higher value, we can assume that it is one of the very first images taken by the camera and it is not used extensively. Try to get that jpg to your laptop/pc and read the Exif - can be seen in the file properties.

BTW, how quickly the battery is draining in XCD35?
Will need some more time to comment on the draining of the battery, though can surely say that the charging is very slow!!!. Had put the phone on charge at around 4 am today. It was showing 2% battery left. By 9 am it was only 76% charged! :(

At 6:41 pm it is 20% left.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:38   #6482
Senior - BHPian

How many here using Go Launcher Ex?

I've been using it ever since I moved to CM7. The latest update (couple of days back) made the screen transitions horribly jerky. Go Launcher introduced a new style of folder opening few updates back as well - open folder view which falls down from top of screen.

With the latest update slowing down transitions, I was planning to get rid of this launcher, but then I found the older versions of this launcher here! Reverted to back to version 2.37 and the transition speed is back, and also the older iPhone like folder opening style. What a relief. New always doesn't mean better.

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd November 2011 at 23:40.
Old 4th November 2011, 00:15   #6483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
How and where you booked it, i want to book one as well.
Have booked it through one of my couz, a samsung dealer. Stocks are expected in the market by end of 2nd week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
How many here using Go Launcher Ex?

I've been using it ever since I moved to CM7. The latest update (couple of days back) made the screen transitions horribly jerky. Go Launcher introduced a new style of folder opening few updates back as well - open folder view which falls down from top of screen.

With the latest update slowing down transitions, I was planning to get rid of this launcher, but then I found the older versions of this launcher here! Reverted to back to version 2.37 and the transition speed is back, and also the older iPhone like folder opening style. What a relief. New always doesn't mean better.
Been using Go Launcher Ex from day one when bought in June, no issues what so ever with other roms including the current Checkrom Revolution HD. You could try Zeam launcher as it's suppose to be lighter on GPU.
Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 00:53   #6484
Senior - BHPian

zeam launcher comes with the barebones CM7 ROM (atleast on defy). For visibly lesser eye candy, there's no visible improvement in battery or snappiness (bear in mind BB ROM ships with far less bloatware!!). I wouldn't bother with it.

/hate launcher pro currently. ADW supports resizing of widgets but am on WajkiUI - MIUI's eye candy with the CM7.1's battery life. Lovely ROM except a couple of silly quirks hre and there (like this one!)
Old 4th November 2011, 09:27   #6485
BHPian

Friends, need some help with managing applications on XCD35. I got it yesterday for my brother and have been dowloading apps and games like crazy. After just 10-15 apps, the internal memory of the phone gets full to such an extent that it starts rejecting SMS.

I have a 8gig memory card and use Apps 2 SD to move applications to SD card, still part of apps stays in the internal memory of the phone.

What is the best way to manage apps on an android device? I believe XCD35's internal memory is around 180mb.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:02   #6486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Been using Go Launcher Ex from day one when bought in June, no issues what so ever with other roms including the current Checkrom Revolution HD. You could try Zeam launcher as it's suppose to be lighter on GPU.
Zema is much much faster than Go.
I used go a lot, but then moved to zeam, since miui handled most of the Go stuff out of the box.

Go is good, as far as ease, and customization is concerned, but once you get you get used to zeam, and themes etc are not really your cuppa, its an easier life.
try it once.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:55   #6487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Friends, need some help with managing applications on XCD35. I got it yesterday for my brother and have been dowloading apps and games like crazy. After just 10-15 apps, the internal memory of the phone gets full to such an extent that it starts rejecting SMS.

I have a 8gig memory card and use Apps 2 SD to move applications to SD card, still part of apps stays in the internal memory of the phone.

What is the best way to manage apps on an android device? I believe XCD35's internal memory is around 180mb.
Get rid of live wallpapers and make sure that everything you've installed has been moved to the SD card.Its a problem with most phones.you just need to keep a check on how much you install

Alternatively you can upgrade to CM7.it is much faster and will have an option to install everything on the SDcard
Old 4th November 2011, 11:01   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Get rid of live wallpapers.
How to get rid of live wallpapers?
Old 4th November 2011, 11:03   #6489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan.dr View Post
Hi guys! I had ordered a Dell XCD35 from buytheprice.com. The guys delivered in 3 days flat! Awsome! Point which bothers me is, i am very confused on the interface front. Being used to my wife's Samsung Andriod, which has the Wi-Fi, GPS, Ringer/Vibrator, and Auto-Rotate toggle buttons located very conveniently on the pull down menu, I dont find anything on the pull down menu here. Is there a way I can put those items there? Makes no sense to hunt for these items in the menu when you need to reach them in a hurry! Especially the Wi-Fi toggle! Its required so often!
How do you rate the buying experience from buytheprice.com? I intend to order a phone online from a site with lowest price. My shortlisted phone is cheaper at this site than Flipkart.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:16   #6490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan.dr View Post
Hi guys! I had ordered a Dell XCD35 from buytheprice.com. The guys delivered in 3 days flat! Awsome! Point which bothers me is, i am very confused on the interface front. Being used to my wife's Samsung Andriod, which has the Wi-Fi, GPS, Ringer/Vibrator, and Auto-Rotate toggle buttons located very conveniently on the pull down menu, I dont find anything on the pull down menu here. Is there a way I can put those items there? Makes no sense to hunt for these items in the menu when you need to reach them in a hurry! Especially the Wi-Fi toggle! Its required so often!
Long press on an empty screen and install the "power control" widget on it.no need for third party apps/widgets
Old 4th November 2011, 11:36   #6491
BHPian

Quote:
Get rid of live wallpapers.
Quote:
How to get rid of live wallpapers?
I checked the size of live wallpapers installed on the phone and it is only few KBs. So I guess removing them wouldn't really help. I don't want to root the phone as this mobile is for my brother and he doesn't have any access to flashing or rooting and such.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:54   #6492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked the size of live wallpapers installed on the phone and it is only few KBs. So I guess removing them wouldn't really help. I don't want to root the phone as this mobile is for my brother and he doesn't have any access to flashing or rooting and such.
rooted app 2 sd movement would allow you to move even apps where developer has not supported it.
the ones you get in the app as "cant be moved", or something.

see if your dell has 1 click root available or some such easier root.
once rooted, its out of the way, and should be complicated, if at all, only for the first time.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:59   #6493
BHPian

Quote:

It may not be downloaded apps which consume so much memory, built in apps itself consumes so much. If you install CM7, you will have advantage of moving some of these apps to SD. Otherwise check if you can un-install some of the apps. Unless you root, I don't think it would be possible. You can root, install titanium backup app to un-install apps which your bro doesn't needs (like maps, location, navigation, NFC etc).
Old 4th November 2011, 12:10   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Rooting will void warranty.which i guess you dont want to do

Download z4root. do a "temporary root".use titanium backup to remove apps you dont want.once you're done reboot your phone and you'll be unrooted again.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:41   #6495
BHPian

Quote:
Rooting will void warranty.which i guess you dont want to do

Download z4root. do a "temporary root".use titanium backup to remove apps you dont want.once you're done reboot your phone and you'll be unrooted again.
Can you post the download link to z4root? I can't find it on Market and Google is giving too many download links which I'm not sure if reliable or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks