Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2011, 15:26   #6586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshs View Post
I have the same phone with CM71. Mik 6.5.8.
I do not have any issues like this.
Every week end i try different ROMs and sunday evening revert back to mik 6.5.8.
Wipe everything and flash ROM, before wiping take backup.
I have P500 with CM 7,1 ,
Bluetooth doesn't work, it simply can't be switched on.
Are you also facing the same issue ?
Old 13th November 2011, 16:21   #6587
BHPian

Both Samsung Galaxy sl I9003 and Sony Ericsson neo v are available for 17.5k on Flipkart. Which one would be a better buy ?
Old 13th November 2011, 17:48   #6588
BHPian

Hi Guys. Need some help

I have an HTC Desire. I had not found the need/time to root it until recently when the memory issue got me frustrated.

So, i Rooted/Flashed and installed a Custom ROM yesterday. Here is what i have got right now.

Name:  screenshot1321132845243.png
Views: 534
Size:  90.5 KB

I have a very noob question. I just could not find the Market app! So, i tried downloading a few market apk files and install it, All of them either refused to open or would say i need an account for it to open.

So, i tried configuring an account. Went to settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Add account. (I think HTC had a simple enter your email address option to configure an account when i had got the phone almost an year back). This thing now is a bit different. It asks for Email id and password, on entering, i get this screen. I just simply could not pass this screen, Whatever i enter, it gives a "could not connect to server" error. Can someone please tell me what details should i give here ?

Name:  screenshot1321176301073.png
Views: 548
Size:  108.6 KB

Or, Is there is a easier way to get the market app on your rooted phone ? This is the first time i am going through the entire process, So please pardon me for all the noob questions. Would be thankful for any help.
Old 13th November 2011, 18:50   #6589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Hi Guys. Need some help

I have an HTC Desire. I had not found the need/time to root it until recently when the memory issue got me frustrated.

Is there is a easier way to get the market app on your rooted phone ? This is the first time i am going through the entire process, So please pardon me for all the noob questions. Would be thankful for any help.
You are missing the google apps package for CM7.1. You have to flash it after you flash CM7, to actually set up your google account and market etc. Get gapps for CM7.1 here.

And in a Desire, you can't just get rid of memory issue simply by rooting. It requires you to S-OFF & alter data partition and/or set up an ext3 partition in your Sd card and move the apps to it.

Did you S-OFF your Desire? Rooting isn't complete without it. Here goes my config:

Recovery - ClockworkMod-Alpharev
Radio - 5.17.05.23
Kernel - 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod

Last edited by clevermax : 13th November 2011 at 18:56.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 21:09   #6590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I am not using any blue tooth devices. But once tried the Nokia J Bluetooth head set, the whole day it was working fine.
Old 13th November 2011, 21:42   #6591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshs

I have the same phone with CM71. Mik 6.5.8.
I do not have any issues like this.
Every week end i try different ROMs and sunday evening revert back to mik 6.5.8.
Wipe everything and flash ROM, before wiping take backup.
I'm very much happy that I'm not the only one who is facing the issue!

My friend, I'm planning to update to official GB IND ROM. How should I do it? Using KDZ Updater or using LG software update tool?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 13th November 2011, 22:40   #6592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I'm very much happy that I'm not the only one who is facing the issue!

My friend, I'm planning to update to official GB IND ROM. How should I do it? Using KDZ Updater or using LG software update tool?

Thanks for your inputs.
Please visit xda, you have all the tutorials
santhoshs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 00:45   #6593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
You are missing the google apps package for CM7.1. You have to flash it after you flash CM7, to actually set up your google account and market etc. Get gapps for CM7.1 here.

And in a Desire, you can't just get rid of memory issue simply by rooting. It requires you to S-OFF & alter data partition and/or set up an ext3 partition in your Sd card and move the apps to it.

Did you S-OFF your Desire? Rooting isn't complete without it. Here goes my config:

Recovery - ClockworkMod-Alpharev
Radio - 5.17.05.23
Kernel - 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod

Yes. I was missing the Google package. Thank you so much

I did not know about the S OFF and partitions either. Just went through a guide to get the S OFF done. Used this Revolutionary to get it done. My phone now shows the Pink revolutionary logo and says S OFF too.

Now, I am wondering what i should be doing next. Can you please guide me from here. I seem all lost. I read this article to create the partition.
[FAQ]ROOT MEMORY: a2sd+ / partitions (updated 10th August 2011) - Android Forums

So, I should do as suggested in the link above and then do the Alpharev part is it ? AlphaRev 1.8

Thanks in advance
Old 14th November 2011, 07:20   #6594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I'm familiar with the flashing process of the defy.having installed CM7 on it myself.but he did not use CWM to go back to froyo.he used RSDlite which we ATRIX owners know bricks up moto phones when you downgrade as it deals with SBF's when most people don't know what they are doing.

READ the forums of your phone before doing anything you're not sure off.advice to everyone
erm. I've flashed my defy back to the UK ROM more than a dozen times. 3-4 times for the India(SEA) and Nordic ROM.

You are WRONG on this account. Drop me a line when you're in Gurgaon next - my current reflash time is 35 min from start to finish, i'd gladly demo it to you, maybe twice to sort out any lingering doubts?

PS: Good to find Atrix users here in India - how is the phone to use? It had some very interesting features - like the http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ud_future.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My Galaxy S i9000 runs stock Gingerbread 2.3.3. I haven't rooted my fone at all. I was kinda interested in CM7 stable mod. But then looks like you need to run ONLY froyo to install any Custom ROMs. Is that true?
arre, i hope that didn't come from my previous post - that applies only for Defy. Do read up the relevant threads on XDA for the i9000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Android Gurus,

My LG P500 was running on CM7.1 mik ROM for the last few weeks. But since a day or two, I'm facing a weird *no network coverage issue*

Whenever I turn ON my phone after switching it OFF, the phone never catches the network signals. But after rebooting the phone a few times or keeping the phone idle for couple of minutes the phone catches the signal on it's own!!
I think its a baseband / network issue. What happens is that different networks use different basebands/frequency ranges. If you have the wrong baseband installed - then you will get much lesser signal or much worse connectivity. If you search samurai's posts on this thread, you will see a similar issue. Ask around on that ROM's thread whether there is a possible baseband issue. The Defy ROMs comes with a baseband switcher (most Defy ROMs use central european baseband by default) that I use to switch to the Indian frequencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Both Samsung Galaxy sl I9003 and Sony Ericsson neo v are available for 17.5k on Flipkart. Which one would be a better buy ?
Defy+ or the i9003. Neo V has only 320MB internal memory or such. Really stupid of Sony to do that - you need atleast 512MB to install a decent number of apps. The ones i recommended have 2/4GB IIRC.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2011 at 17:38. Reason: PM coming up
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 10:22   #6595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I am using p500 with CM 7.1/ Mik 6.5.8 and Franco Kernel. I do not see any such issues. Even the FM Radio in my phone that wasn't working earlier works now after the switching to franco kernel.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:37   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
erm. I've flashed my defy back to the UK ROM more than a dozen times. 3-4 times for the India(SEA) and Nordic ROM.

You are WRONG on this account. Drop me a line when you're in Gurgaon next - my current reflash time is 35 min from start to finish, i'd gladly demo it to you, maybe twice to sort out any lingering doubts?

And you could donate a beer's worth to your favorite charity?

PS: Good to find Atrix users here in India - how is the phone to use? It had some very interesting features - like the Motorola Atrix Hints at a Virtualized, Cloud Future | PCWorld Business Center

My point which i kept repeating is that don't do anything without reading up on first.do you need to prove me wrong or do you want to help out the people
who might potentially brick their phones?i can unlock my atrix through fastboot blindfolded too.but aren't those methods too advanced for average users and they should be warned before they go and flash chinese roms?

Yeah i'm a fan of the atrix.i have the dock too.works great for browsing etc. loads of stuff up the atrix's sleeve
Old 14th November 2011, 11:43   #6597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Hi All,

I recently picked up a Galaxy Y for my mom and I want to know how to increase the font sizes for the contacts and sms msgs. In my iPhone, I have accessibility options where I can increase the font size which will reflect in the size of fonts in contacts as well as sms msgs. Is there a similar settings or an app that will do this in Android?

Prajwal
Anyone here knows how to increase the font sizes without rooting the phone?

Prajwal
Old 14th November 2011, 12:16   #6598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
Yes. I was missing the Google package. Thank you so much
I did not know about the S OFF and partitions either. Just went through a guide to get the S OFF done. Used this Revolutionary to get it done. My phone now shows the Pink revolutionary logo and says S OFF too.
Now, I am wondering what i should be doing next. Can you please guide me from here. I seem all lost. I read this article to create the partition.
[FAQ]ROOT MEMORY: a2sd+ / partitions (updated 10th August 2011) - Android Forums
So, I should do as suggested in the link above and then do the Alpharev part is it ? AlphaRev 1.8
Thanks in advance

Now that you are S-OFF, you can go ahead and choose a partition table given at the Alpharev site. I use the Bravo CM7 r2 table which has 145 MB system, just 5 MB cache (never mind you can link heavy caches to sd card) and 288 MB data instead of previous 147 MB.

Method to alter the partition table - you need to have Android SDK set up in the PC and also the fastboot command. Then you can just use the fastboot command to flash the partition table. Remember - flashing a partition table requires you to restore your Nandroid backup taken before the procedure in order to get the system back. So taking a nandroid backup before this procedure is a must.

Another easy but less reliable method (never worked for me) is to put that PB99IMG.zip file in the root of SD card, and boot into recovery hoping that bootloader would find the zip file and flash it.

A2SD+ and having and ext3/ext4 partition in your sd card is another thing and it doesn't have any relation with S-OFF or using another partition table. I have this too. There is an app called S2E which can be used to manage your apps storage in CM7. I have my apps in sd-ext/app but app data and dalvik cache in phone storage. This is a good set up because you don't face performance hit while starting apps because the dalvik is in the phone memory. Only the apks are in sd card!

Last edited by clevermax : 14th November 2011 at 12:20.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 12:53   #6599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
My point which i kept repeating is that don't do anything without reading up on first.do you need to prove me wrong or do you want to help out the people
who might potentially brick their phones?i can unlock my atrix through fastboot blindfolded too.but aren't those methods too advanced for average users and they should be warned before they go and flash chinese roms?

Yeah i'm a fan of the atrix.i have the dock too.works great for browsing etc. loads of stuff up the atrix's sleeve
Your words here were loose to the point of being misleading:
Quote:
he used RSDlite which we ATRIX owners know bricks up moto phones when you downgrade as it deals with SBF's when most people don't know what they are doing.

READ the forums of your phone before doing anything you're not sure off.advice to everyone
The caveat here is if one uses the correct version of RSDLite (see here) and the right SBF (as I mentioned in my previous email) - then reading up lots does not matter for this operation on the Defy. I mean, all one has to do is boot up the phone in bootloader mode, connect the USB cable, open RSDlite, choose the correct SBF, and then click Start.

Of course, this is applicable to the anyone wanting to move from the current crop of custom ROMs for the Defy (CM7/MIUI) back to stock. Flashing with RSDLite is definitely not something one should be doing regularly.

@Whitesquall- any update on your phone? Did u get time to go n try what I recommended?

Last edited by phamilyman : 14th November 2011 at 12:54.
Old 14th November 2011, 13:15   #6600
Senior - BHPian

Urgent :

I'm about to flash a custom ROM on my O1. But, I'm clueless after reading the below sentence :

Quote:
Disable signature verification
Basically, what is signature verification? And how can I disable it so as to enjoy this particular custom ROM.

Clevermax? Phamilyman?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks