Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 21:43   #6721
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

A friend of mine wants to go for Xperia mini, the one without qwerty. Its available for 11.4k. Is it good ?
Old 25th November 2011, 21:54   #6722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83
A friend of mine wants to go for Xperia mini, the one without qwerty. Its available for 11.4k. Is it good ?
Not suggested.
My opinion.
Too tiny,too old, and quite unfriendly for men's fingers.

For the sole purpose of a phone and not very text intensive,low cost option,then also just maybe.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 21:57   #6723
Senior - BHPian

Your applications are anyways in the internal memory by default!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My SD card is 2 GB and I don't have any videos (except some that I have recorded for testing the performance of the camera).
I would like to shift applications to the internal memory, since I see no point in keeping it empty.
I don't remember if I took Nandroid backup. I think it was not in the instructions here.
oh okay - normally nandroid backups is the standard cause for sudden high usage of SD card
Old 25th November 2011, 23:17   #6724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac
Defy Owners,
Here is some small experience of ICS on our defy..
Looks cool even though it does not support Hardware acceleration yet.
Hi.
On this xda forum, its said that its not complete ics, but only the framework of ICS integrated with MIUI.
Anyone knows what exactly is the ICS framework? Is it actual ics or not? On some screenshots of system info, it shows android version as 4.0.1 ( visible in the video also)
Totally confused now to flash to what rom.

Need suggestions pls.
Old 26th November 2011, 07:45   #6725
BHPian

Not sure if it's a repeat, could be of good use to S II owners

Screen Adjustor App that helps one set the screen controls. It has color, brightness, and contrast controls - Link from Androidforums below

Anyone else not that impressed with the screen? - Android Forums
Old 26th November 2011, 11:14   #6726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai
Since this is an App related thread as well, Anybody using "Expense Tracker" Apps on their Android? If yes, What is the best one or the easiest one to use? I have been searching for one for quite sometime.
I found Toshl to be good. If it's not on the Market, go to their website.
Old 26th November 2011, 12:09   #6727
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
My 11 month old HTC-Desire suddenly started showing lines on its display (attached photo). I tried a factory reset, but it did not go away. Any Help?
This looks like a screen problem related to hardware. Please take it to the service center immy, they will repair under warranty.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 18:36   #6728
Senior - BHPian

Got a better keyboard than Swype, it'a called TouchPal keyboard. Yes it basically swypes but faster to type and delete words.
Old 26th November 2011, 18:38   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax
Got a better keyboard than Swype, it'a called TouchPal keyboard. Yes it basically swypes but faster to type and delete words.
Clever dude, where can I download the keyboard from?
Old 26th November 2011, 19:52   #6730
BHPian

Dad's planning to upgrade from his DHD to a new droid. He's confused between the SGS2, Note and SGS2 LTE which is soon expected. Budget is about 35k and he mainly uses it for mails, movies, GPS and apps. A good battery life is needed, DHD battery sometimes fails to make it through the day if used heavily. What mobile do you experts suggest?
Old 27th November 2011, 10:53   #6731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm
Dad's planning to upgrade from his DHD to a new droid. He's confused between the SGS2, Note and SGS2 LTE which is soon expected. Budget is about 35k and he mainly uses it for mails, movies, GPS and apps. A good battery life is needed, DHD battery sometimes fails to make it through the day if used heavily. What mobile do you experts suggest?
The galaxy note would be a good option IMHO. It has the best battery backup. Why don't you wait for the galaxy nexus. The Droid seems to pack awesome stuff.
Old 27th November 2011, 18:00   #6732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Clever dude, where can I download the keyboard from?
I have seen it on the market.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 18:32   #6733
BANNED

The speaker saga

I had written before - a short recoup - hard bricked my Samsung Mini within a few days; and had to take it to service center (of course, after "exhausting the net") . One month and several visits later, I finally got it back. I realise after coming out from the service center that the loud speaker is not working. Go back the next day, stay for close to 5 hours there, and the speaker works. I come out, couple of incoming calls later, the speaker is dead again. Fed up (I had visited the A/S=S close to 10 times by now), I simply flash CM 7.1 and use it for another month. Since I can use the phone without the loud speaker, there is not much of an issue anyway. FInally, go back to stock ROM and visit the a/s/s/; who say the speaker is to be replaced. They ask me to bring the phone back when the speaker comes. A week later, I go back, and the speaker is replaced.

Now, the saga starts, again.

3 hours later they show me the phone - the speaker is croakign like the old radios in some road side dhabas, So, the new croaker goes out, and the non-working speaker is put back in, and I am (still) waiting for the replacement for the replacement speaker.

Yesterday, at office, I drop the phone. Thankfully, it lands on my feet, and the landing is cushioned by a 3K leather pouch my sis thoughtfully and sensible got for me, along with the phone.

Ten minutes later, I hear a tune from somewhere on my table. shocked, I realise that the speaker of the phone is working. But I think the volume is not what it used to be. Not sure, it has been a loooong 2 or 3 months in between. And I got transferred to a very different kind of job (in govt. service, at least in my department, a transfer can also mean doing a different kind of job), but the volume used to be much, much higher. I never used to miss the single chime of the message alerts; it is not so now.

So, what should be my strategy now? Should I take the phone back? Should I get the speaker changed? Is there something which deserves a look by the a/s/s/?
Old 27th November 2011, 19:23   #6734
BHPian

Samsung makes ‘Need for Speed Hot Pursuit’ free, available to Galaxy S II users only

Samsung makes 'Need for Speed Hot Pursuit' free, available to Galaxy S II users only
Old 28th November 2011, 07:11   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Re: The speaker saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
So, what should be my strategy now? Should I take the phone back? Should I get the speaker changed? Is there something which deserves a look by the a/s/s/?
Best is to change the phone!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks