Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 16:05   #6661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

@Vcash,

Try the LG Optimus 2x / p990, a few weeks ago swapped my wife's Arc due to its non existant battery and got this and am loving it and now has GB 2.3 too, is dual core, 1080p video recording and should cost you less than 23.5K

Regards,
Old 18th November 2011, 16:07   #6662
BHPian

BTW The model i got is GT-i9003MKDINU.
there are few number of 9003's in my office.
The one bought from letsbuy has a different grip at the back-panel.
mine one is metallic glossy while the other one is rubberised with raised fine cross lines.

Hardware wise, any differences?
Old 19th November 2011, 11:28   #6663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
@Vcash,

Try the LG Optimus 2x / p990, a few weeks ago swapped my wife's Arc due to its non existant battery and got this and am loving it and now has GB 2.3 too, is dual core, 1080p video recording and should cost you less than 23.5K

Regards,
Thanks for the suggestion. But I have a bias against LG. The brand simply does not appeal (No rationality here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@vcash; I am afraid almost all high end CDMA phones are grey market. The Official Reliance/Tata lists are pathetic and obsolete. Incidentally, while they are grey imports, the phones are registered with Reliance (Tata does not allow 'outside' phones). The vendor also got my EVDO activated. Also, he unlocked the GSM part for me. So it is fully legit with Reliance.

If you want a 'legal' phone then one I can recommend is Galaxy Pop CDMA well under 10k. This is an OMH unit. I think you PM dkaile and he will be able to advise about the latest.
I anyway want to migrate to 3G \ GSM so a CDMA device is not needed.

Out of curiosity - Why would LB and FK increase the SII price from 28,500 back to 30K? Have very rarely seen such a practice with consumer electronics!
Old 19th November 2011, 12:02   #6664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Out of curiosity - Why would LB and FK increase the SII price from 28,500 back to 30K? Have very rarely seen such a practice with consumer electronics!

Maybe the falling rupee (against the dollar) is the culprit here.

Apple has also increased prices of its mobiles. By the way, Iphone 4S is launched in India and the price for cheapest one (16 GB model) is INR 44.5k. It goes upto 60k rupees for the 64GB version!!!
Old 19th November 2011, 15:27   #6665
BHPian

BTW LG Optimus 2x P990 is for Rs 19999 on Letsbuy.com. I would say it is a very sweet price for a dual core phone when Samsung SII is at almost 30k. LG has announced that they would be supporting Ice cream sandwich / Android 4.0 for this model (by when is not mentioned).

This makes it a good buy!
Old 19th November 2011, 16:21   #6666
Senior - BHPian

19999, Is a superb price, I personally had a lot of grudge against LG but a fellow Bhpian insisted I try this and besides a few minor setbacks its in everyway one of the finest droids esp. At the price, in certain tests it has delivered performance at par with s2, vcash just spare few mins on it if nothing you might just end up saving a lot of money

Not pushing you just an opinion.

Regards,
Old 19th November 2011, 17:36   #6667
Senior - BHPian

has anyone here owned the Motorola FIRE? 1st hand Opinions
Old 20th November 2011, 10:01   #6668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
has anyone here owned the Motorola FIRE? 1st hand Opinions
Also LG Optimus Pro C660. Good battery (1500mA) is one positive I believe. Need a replacement for my official curve 3G and want to buy an Android, blackberry enough.
Old 20th November 2011, 11:39   #6669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Also LG Optimus Pro C660. Good battery (1500mA) is one positive I believe. Need a replacement for my official curve 3G and want to buy an Android, blackberry enough.
Both are the exact same (1420 vs 1500 mA) though I'd believe that the motorola's keypad appeals a bit more to me (not seen LG's keypad in person). Didn't buy the Sammy galaxy pro at the time simply because of its clunky looks.

But just curious - what's wrong with the 3G berry? I am quite seriously considering a next supplementary berry (have activated the E63 for now) because of the occasional flood of office emails I have to reply to - and the touchscreen just doesn't cut it then, and the better battery performance is always more welcome!!
Old 20th November 2011, 13:30   #6670
BHPian

Quote:
Both are the exact same (1420 vs 1500 mA) though I'd believe that the motorola's keypad appeals a bit more to me (not seen LG's keypad in person). Didn't buy the Sammy galaxy pro at the time simply because of its clunky looks.

But just curious - what's wrong with the 3G berry? I am quite seriously considering a next supplementary berry (have activated the E63 for now) because of the occasional flood of office emails I have to reply to - and the touchscreen just doesn't cut it then, and the better battery performance is always more welcome!!
Well, some things in favour of LG are:
1. Higher processing speed (800 vs 600),
2. Multi touch,
3. No Motoblur :-) (Have used Moto Charm so....)
Also, Youtube video reviews give good comments on the keyboard of LG, do check them out.

Well nothings wrong with my Curve 3G in fact after upgrade to OS:6 its little better but still I believe I am spoilt by Android. Also maps/browsing are a pain in BB. Hence trading my BB for 65% of its market price, let me know if you need an excellent condition BB at that price.

Coming back to Optimus pro or even Fire, their drawbacks are quite clear (at that price you cant compare them to Droid Pro) but nevertheless it would be great if some first hand experience is shared with us expecially regarding battery life, the comments on internet are extremely diverse.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:23   #6671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah yes. In my previous reply for u I'd advised u to use the official cm7 zip.
I was able to upgrade to CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7)

I don't know what happened, but after completing all steps and rebooting I got stuck on the Cyanogen animation. I had to pull out the battery and put it back in so that I can reboot, and even before the battery cover was fixed back, the phone had finished booting and ready with the language selection prompt.

Also, all my applications and data are intact which I was not expecting.

What is the option to disable Data quickly? Can I do it with just one or two touches?
The performance of my new Sygic maps (11.2) is good - but I need to test this on a road trip.

Edit: the Torch application is a real bonus. Kudos to CM team.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th November 2011 at 16:24.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:39   #6672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I was able to upgrade to CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7)

I don't know what happened, but after completing all steps and rebooting I got stuck on the Cyanogen animation. I had to pull out the battery and put it back in so that I can reboot, and even before the battery cover was fixed back, the phone had finished booting and ready with the language selection prompt.

Also, all my applications and data are intact which I was not expecting.

What is the option to disable Data quickly? Can I do it with just one or two touches?
The performance of my new Sygic maps (11.2) is good - but I need to test this on a road trip.

Edit: the Torch application is a real bonus. Kudos to CM team.
Well the 1st boot can indeed take 3-10 min.

yes the torch is awesome. It shuts up everyone when they see it in operation

The quickest way to disable data is to install Quick Settings.

welcome to the CM7 family!

and remember, if u ever wanna go back to stock - go back to your own SEA ROM only (UK also can/should work but own ROM's safest!)
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 17:54   #6673
Senior - BHPian

^PM'ed you.

Tried this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=16

Applied zip and rebooted.
Now I am stuck at the M/ CM logo.

I had deleted my CM 7 zip from the SD card. Do I have to redo everything?
Old 20th November 2011, 17:56   #6674
BHPian

Im looking for an upgrade from my HTC touch viva to something good in android. Any suggestions under a budget of 15k?
Old 20th November 2011, 18:43   #6675
BANNED

S_U_N - you need to clear the cache. Did you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks