Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:21   #6466
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Samsung galaxy note launched at Rs.34990/- . Have booked one should get one next week.
Samsung Galaxy Note - Full phone specifications
great!! let us know how it performs!! Even I was waiting for it!!
surd_biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:28   #6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Most probably it was a test pic prior to dispatch from the factory.
Does that mean it is usual for phones to be checked prior to dispatch? When I bought my laptops, the first time the comp got switched on was right in front of me, with lots of settings entered etc. Even wifey's Samsung, required manual setting of touch screen etc the first time it got switched on. I would have loved for the same thing to happen again!
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:03   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan.dr View Post
How did you get one that cheap! Used a code? When I saw LB was offering something like 8200+.
Yeah, the price is 8199/- and I used a 5% discount coupon.
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:54   #6469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Samsung galaxy note launched at Rs.34990/- . Have booked one should get one next week.
Saw the launch webcast today between 2-3pm, though the screen is large the resolution is less than that of IPhone4. For the price of this I think the Galaxy Tab 750 at some 33500 makes more sense. I have one and it's great to browse, see slide shows, sketch, Skype, etc on the 10.1 " screen; only thing is it can't make or receive calls like a phone.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 2nd November 2011 at 21:07.
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:21   #6470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Saw the launch webcast today between 2-3pm, though the screen is large the resolution is less than that of IPhone4. For the price of this I think the Galaxy Tab 750 at some 33500 makes more sense. I have one and it's great to browse, see slide shows, sketch, Skype, etc on the 10.1 " screen; only thing is it can't make or receive calls like a phone.
Galaxy note resolution - 1280×800

iphone 4 resolution - 960×640

Are you sure you have your basic mathematics right?

Plus the screen is super AMOLED.

And comparing it with the galaxy tab.the note supports stylus input and has an OS heavily optimized for it
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:32   #6471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Anyone running CM7 on their Galaxy S i9000 ?

I have it, its way better than Darky's 10.2.2 in terms of consistent speed and memory management.

However, when i get an incoming call, the person can never hear me! (Unless i call back). Any ideas on how to fix this?
[/url]
Which version are you running? I recommend the latest nightly. Surprisingly, the nightlies are more stable and bug-free than the stable or rc versions.
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:49   #6472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180

I think he meant that Note has a lower pixel density, given that it has a much larger screen.
Old 3rd November 2011, 02:12   #6473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Yes GB comes pre loaded. I bought it from Flipkart for 17.5.
Plus a Class 4 32 GB micro sd card for 2.5k from flipkart(which works like a charm by the way on the phone).
I am also thinking to buy NeoV, but would like 8 mp camera [currently i am using 3mp camera of my P1i with physical qwerty keypad, hence 5mp would be marginal upgrade]. When u got delivery from flipkart?

Does it have any problem like heating while surfing, wifi connectivity problems reported on some other websites? How comfortable is typing on qwerty onscreen keyboard in portrait mode? My fingers are not large but i would prefer 4 inch screen, but there is no model with these features in 4 inch by sony ericsson. Otherwise this phone is simply irresistible.
Thanks in advance.
=Sanjay.
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:23   #6474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post

Plus the screen is super AMOLED.

And comparing it with the galaxy tab.the note supports stylus input and has an OS heavily optimized for it
The I Phone 4 has a pixel density of 326 ppi vs the 285 ppi of the Samsung Note so there's no pixelation visible to the human eye (human eye stops seeing pixelation at a density of 300 ppi) on the Iphone 4 as number of pixels have been densely packed in a 3.5" screen vs the 5.3" of the Samsung Note. Sources: Many; here's a sample: http://http://www.techradar.com/news...-best--1008681

Last edited by Durango Dude : 3rd November 2011 at 07:27.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:45   #6475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
I am also thinking to buy NeoV, but would like 8 mp camera [currently i am using 3mp camera of my P1i with physical qwerty keypad, hence 5mp would be marginal upgrade]. When u got delivery from flipkart?

Does it have any problem like heating while surfing, wifi connectivity problems reported on some other websites? How comfortable is typing on qwerty onscreen keyboard in portrait mode? My fingers are not large but i would prefer 4 inch screen, but there is no model with these features in 4 inch by sony ericsson. Otherwise this phone is simply irresistible.
Thanks in advance.
=Sanjay.
The Phone does heat up a little on 3g while downloading stuff and multitasking at the same time,But its nothing to be concerned of. No issues with the Wifi (yet). I download/ update my apps etc most of the time on my home wifi network.

The Keyboard in portrait is pretty usable, The auto correct works like a charm, but i use swipe most of the time to message. people with large thumbs would have a little difficulty in typing on this phone.
But nevertheless the phone does every thing thrown at it without too much of fuss.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:23   #6476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed something weird in my phone. I ordered the phone on 29th October. It got delivered on 1st November. But there's a camera photo in my phone which is dated 28th of August!!! The phone was seal packed when I opened it. Does it mean I have been sold a used phone???
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Most probably it was a test pic prior to dispatch from the factory.
What does the picture contain?
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:33   #6477
BHPian

Quote:
How and where you booked it, i want to book one as well.
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:34   #6478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What does the picture contain?
Seemingly random pic of someone sitting in front of his laptop. How do i get to know if this phone has been in use prior to me purchasing it?

Internet on the XCD35 is like a dream. Sharp lines, smooth curves. Though build quality is hardly what I expected, after reading some of its previous reviews here. Lower ends, where the buttons are placed, make a creaky noise on being pressed. Still, am having a "lauvly" experience so far!
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:17   #6479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seemingly random pic of someone sitting in front of his laptop. How do i get to know if this phone has been in use prior to me purchasing it?

Internet on the XCD35 is like a dream. Sharp lines, smooth curves. Though build quality is hardly what I expected, after reading some of its previous reviews here. Lower ends, where the buttons are placed, make a creaky noise on being pressed. Still, am having a "lauvly" experience so far!
Check the file name of the image. If it is something like DSC00005.jpg where the number has not gone up to a higher value, we can assume that it is one of the very first images taken by the camera and it is not used extensively. Try to get that jpg to your laptop/pc and read the Exif - can be seen in the file properties.

BTW, how quickly the battery is draining in XCD35?
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:25   #6480

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
How to export the nokia contacts as a csv file? Is it from the mobile itself? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
export your nokia contacts as csv file and use that file to upload your contacts to your Gmail account under contacts. Next when you will sync your new android device all contacts will come into it from Gmail Contacts. Firmware can easily be updated on any android device using the sd card method and update.zip method; requires a little expertise though its not rocket science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Just export your contacts using ovi to outlook and then from there to your phone.
Just wanted to share that transferring contacts from my E71 to the XCD35 seemed deceptively simple, but successfully transferred all my 800+ contacts in under 5 mins. Since this seemed the most daunting challenge to me, I was very pleasantly surprised when it happened. This is how it happened:

1. Went to Contacts in E71. Selected Options > Mark/Unmark > Mark All.
2. Selected Options > Copy > (at this point realized I did not have SD card in phone, so took out the XCD35 card and inserted. Traced all steps back to this one) > Copy to SD card. All contacts got copied to SD card (in a folder called /sdcard/Others/contacts as I realized later).
3. Took out card, reinserted in XCD35.
4. Went to Contacts > Menu > Import/Export > Import from SD Card > Import all vCard files!

Voila! All 863 contacts were now sitting nicely in my Contact book! The phone did not even ask me to select / search for the folder in which the contacts were there (which as I realized later were located as 863 different .vcf files in the folder /sdcard/Others/contacts). Mind you no Outlook, no PC nothing was used! Had searched the net to look for ways to do this, but almost all included something to do with plugging one or both phones in to a desktop/laptop. Some one had talked about combining separate .vcf files into a single file using the computer. I did nothing of the sort.

Can this be generalized for all versions/Mods of Android, or all models of nokia, I can't say. Seniors may please comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks