Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 09:00   #4966
BANNED

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
It is a discount coupon anyone can use it,earlier used to work with C.O.D .
The Nexus S is 19999. How much will it be with the coupon? Where can I get these coupons and how do I enter the coupon number. There is no option in the page when you click on buy.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:30   #4967
BHPian

^^Think the max discount is 1000rs not sure though,and to enter the coupon code need to press the buy option then you get a smaller window where you can enter the coupon code

Last edited by yogi1771 : 21st July 2011 at 10:31.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:35   #4968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Here it is, the original fancy widget; This font is no longer supported by its market app as HTC had sued them for copying its watch and weather widget with exact fonts...

Enjoy...
Thank You very much for this. Any step by step instructions to install the same on SGS2? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 21st July 2011 at 10:37.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:45   #4969
Senior - BHPian

Another new feature accidently discovered in Go Launcher home screen. The home screen icons at the bottom of your home screen which usually includes the call button, contacts, application, message and any other personlized icon can be used in two ways.

Clicking on the button opens the application as alwasy.

Additionally one can use a gesture based reaction where we can use the gesture or upward swipe to either open an application/shortcut or widget.

This inturn means we can create 5 shortcuts to most used apps that can be accessed directly from the home screen including settings.

Thought it may be useful for you guys.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 10:49   #4970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Another new feature accidently discovered in Go Launcher home screen. The home screen icons at the bottom of your home screen which usually includes the call button, contacts, application, message and any other personlized icon can be used in two ways.

Clicking on the button opens the application as alwasy.

Additionally one can use a gesture based reaction where we can use the gesture or upward swipe to either open an application/shortcut or widget.

This inturn means we can create 5 shortcuts to most used apps that can be accessed directly from the home screen including settings.

Thought it may be useful for you guys.
I guess you are using Go Launcher on SGS2. How is the performance on Go Launcher on SGS2? Do you recommend the same instead of the default Touch Whiz 4.0? I think one can install the same directly from android market. Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 11:10   #4971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is the performance on Go Launcher on SGS2?
I am big fan of go launcher. Has shortcuts that fits my needs including one swipe opening of songs and camera instead of searching the application and launching.

I am yet to think about rooting and installing custom ram's. Yet to appreciate what one gets extra out of the phone by rooting. The go launcher is more than enough for my needs of maining just two pages of required applications. My home screen has 6 applications and the application page has around 10. The rest are all hidden and keeps the phone clean and simple to use.

What i saw was the go launcher is very slow in some HTC wildfire and Ace phones. But its very appreciable in S2.
Old 21st July 2011, 11:21   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
I am flying out of India on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed. Feel like
Contact their customer care @ 011-40808888 with your order number
Old 21st July 2011, 11:40   #4973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Contact their customer care @ 011-40808888 with your order number
I tried that 3 times. every time they say it will be shipped today. I have told them that I will cancel the order if they don't ship by today. let us see how it goes.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:05   #4974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Thank You very much for this. Any step by
step instructions to install the same on SGS2? Thanks in advance.
Just unzip that file to extract the apk file. Copy the apk to your sd card; Ensure that in your SGS2 in settings-applications-unknown sources is ticked. Open any file manager on SGS2 (either the default one or download Linda Manager from market) and navigate to the path on the sd card where you have saved that apk. Click on it to install. Follow screen instructions.

Post install - long press on empty screen space on your SGS2 (at least 2 full rows) - click on widget - click on fancy widget and the clock with weather should appear.

Enjoy....

(PS- Sorry to the other androidians for this dummies guide who may find it beneath themselves to be instructed in such a fashion but it is necessary for newbies)
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 12:05   #4975
Senior - BHPian

In Go launcher, just like the changing the home screens, you can scroll the bottom buttons (call, contacts, menu, message, browser) buttons to the left or to the right, giving you more options.

EDIT: dkalike, i actually like those kind of steps. Initially i could not understand heads or tails of what was going on at the XDA. for eg: all they would says is - flash zip. restart. hmm.. after about 2 days i understood that zip have to be flashed using custom recovery, ok.. so how do i do that.. use a combination of buttons.. (now i am feeling, silly) use those combination.. and i see android out of the box animation!!! (EEEK!!!! complete restore of the phone)!!! damn!!!!

then i found out custom recovery means to install clockwork mod!!! there goes another week!

(they just couldnt say that use rom manager from the market, select the option flash custom recovery to get recovery options)

Last edited by govigov : 21st July 2011 at 12:12.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:06   #4976
BHPian

Any opinions about LG Optimus Black?

At what price does it currently sell for?
Old 21st July 2011, 12:06   #4977

Intending Samsung Galaxy S II Buyers..
Get it at lowest price Online..
It is listed at Rs 29,199 here Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100) Mobile Phone . Buy Best Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100) Mobile Phone at Lowest Price Online

Use Discount Code GCK2FNE35EQK4FPNV to get Rs 2,000 Off. Net Price Rs 27,199
Old 21st July 2011, 12:07   #4978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I guess you are using Go Launcher on SGS2. How is the performance on Go Launcher on SGS2? Do you recommend the same instead of the default Touch Whiz 4.0? I think one can install the same directly from android market. Thanks
Go Launcher is awesome. Earlier versions missed a 'must have' feature which ADW had - Swipe down anywhere to pull down notifications. This saves you from the trouble of reaching the top of your screen with your thumb when you want to pull down notifications. Now Go launcher also has this feature, so I am not going back to the slower ADW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Gesture gets recognized anywhere in the screen. I am using swipe down gesture for notifications and swipe up gesture to open phone app.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st July 2011 at 12:12.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:19   #4979
Senior - BHPian

One of the best launcher's for Android is ADW Launcher but it is complicated though highly customisable. The best widgets are available on Launcher Pro Plus which I have used previously on My Samsung Galaxy EPIC. Though I paid 2.99$ (150 bucks approx) for it, it is highly worth it for a near Sense experience with scrollable widgets. The biggest and best advantage to buying the full version of LPP is the widgets, which closely resemble HTC Sense’s both visually and functionally. The list of widgets includes People, Bookmarks, Calendar, Messaging, Twitter, Facebook, and Friends, most of which have multiple styles for you to choose from.

GO Launcher is also quite good. If you don’t need LauncherPro Plus’s widgets, GO Launcher Ex is definitely a good choice due to the build quality, number of features, usefulness and overall depth of the application.

My Choice - Launcher Pro Plus for a headache free experience.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:19   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Just unzip that file to extract the apk file. Copy the apk to your sd card; Ensure that in your SGS2 in settings-applications-unknown sources is ticked. Open any file manager on SGS2 (either the default one or download Linda Manager from market) and navigate to the path on the sd card where you have saved that apk. Click on it to install. Follow screen instructions.
I do not have any SD card in my SGS2. Can I copy the apk to the inbuilt 16GB memory, which is the USB storage in SGS2? I think the USB storage in SGS2 is the inbuilt memory. Pl. correct if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 21st July 2011 at 12:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks