Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 17:31   #4861
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

10in1 Multi USB Charger Cable BlackBerry HTC iPod Nokia | eBay

Mother of all multipin chargers....10 in 1...
Old 17th July 2011, 22:24   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
10in1 Multi USB Charger Cable BlackBerry HTC iPod Nokia | eBay

Mother of all multipin chargers....10 in 1...
if you love your expensive phone, stay away from al-cheapo multi purpose chargers. the link you posted doesn't even shows the product.
I know mobile phone Acc. wholesellers who can offer such for even Rs.80-100 but if it boils your phone, you can only Regret your decision.

You would save a 200 or 300 as compared to good charger and would blow your 10-20 or even 30K mobile, so decide whats the best for your pocket.

Anyway got a phone call from letsbuy and was offered a coupon for the price of 8GB SD Card which was not delivered correctly(they sent 4GB)

however to avoid using multiple smaller cards, I've used the coupon for a 16GB class 10 SD HC Card.
Paid Rs.770 for the 16GB Card which is amazing price for a class 10 card.

I've also found not less than 10 discount coupon for letsbuy but at checkout they get rejected. 10% off coupons are easily available all over internet.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:25   #4863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Had a problem with pictures taken with flash on my Defy (images blacked out) after upgrading to 2.2. A quick search on the internet revealed that I had to clear the data and cache. Problem is solved now. It also added the 'scenes' option to my photos after doing that.
Can you please post that link? Even I seem to be having the same problem.

One more thing I discovered after flashing to 2.2 is that I need to root my phone again. Shootme does not work for me now. I plan to root it tomorrow.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:42   #4864
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yes and Yes on both counts plus 1000's of other apps to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I have sent the coupon.

@MCR, Free Navigation apps are available in plenty on the android market. But for most you will also need data plan to use and Choose a unlimited plan where available
So it means that I have to load the navigation application to use GPS. Is it?
But I am still confused. If Google maps are pre-loaded, why would I need a data plan? I just need a navigation application and I should be good to go. Right?

Buy Dell XCD35 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

How is Dell XCD35?

Also can you please PM me the discount coupon?
Old 17th July 2011, 23:08   #4865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
if you love your expensive phone, stay away from al-cheapo multi purpose chargers. the link you posted doesn't even shows the product.
I know mobile phone Acc. wholesellers who can offer such for even Rs.80-100 but if it boils your phone, you can only Regret your decision.

You would save a 200 or 300 as compared to good charger and would blow your 10-20 or even 30K mobile, so decide whats the best for your pocket.

Anyway got a phone call from letsbuy and was offered a coupon for the price of 8GB SD Card which was not delivered correctly(they sent 4GB)

however to avoid using multiple smaller cards, I've used the coupon for a 16GB class 10 SD HC Card.

I've also found not less than 10 discount coupon for letsbuy but at checkout they get rejected. 10% off coupons are easily available all over internet.
This was just to show the variety that 'Chinese' have.

Letsbuy cash back vouchers are really good, and brings down the price much more than the restricted 10% coupon with a 1200/- max cap.
Old 18th July 2011, 00:03   #4866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

You got a 16GB class 10 for 770INR? Unbelievable. What is the price without the coupon? And which brand? I got a Transcend 16GB class 4, with lifetime warranty for 1.2k a couple of weeks back.
Old 18th July 2011, 00:08   #4867
BHPian

DRIV3R Actually i bought a camera which should have come with a 8GB SD Card, but mistakenly it was shipped with a 4GB Card, so I raised a complaint and they called me that they are sending me a coupon of Rs.629 which i can use to order the 8GB Card and they'll take back the 4GB card.

So instead of 8GB i ordered 16GB(Class 10) and it became cheap after the 629 waiver.
1399-629=770
Old 18th July 2011, 01:00   #4868
Senior - BHPian

that is a good price to pay for a 16gb class 10 card.

doubt, does CM7 have issues with sensors? proximity/accelerometer etc... ?
Old 18th July 2011, 07:00   #4869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
doubt, does CM7 have issues with sensors? proximity/accelerometer etc... ?
Its a global statement to make - u need to check by handset. u have the optimus one, right? u'll have to check the XDA forum on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
But I am still confused. If Google maps are pre-loaded, why would I need a data plan? I just need a navigation application and I should be good to go. Right?

Buy Dell XCD35 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

How is Dell XCD35?

Also can you please PM me the discount coupon?
PM amit_mechengg and search up a couple of folks in this thread on XCD35. Its just the apps, not the maps. The maps are not saved offline. So you still need to download the maps as you drive. You need either sygic or brut which will give you offline maps with navigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

One more thing I discovered after flashing to 2.2 is that I need to root my phone again. Shootme does not work for me now. I plan to root it tomorrow.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/393401 - if u need to do a hard reset. But doesnt a cache wipe solve the issue - u still need to enter recovery.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:43   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here got the phone ZTE Blade. Its known to be the mother of customization.
I checked many mod sites and noticed that it has got various personalization options in the Android Forums. So my question is have anyone got it in the TBHP forum?
I know the most famous version is Orange San Fransico and in India its sold as Dell model.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:40   #4871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Google Navigation is loaded in the phone; also Google maps. They both require data. For offline navigation software which does not require data, I have posted the link a few pages back in the GPS Topic. Kindly download from there and enjoy FOC. Defy is a better choice than XCD (personal opinion).
Old 18th July 2011, 11:07   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Motorola tech support will ask you to do a factory reset. But all that is required is 'Settings'->'Applications'->'Manage Applications', go to the tab 'All', select camera, do 'clear data' (and cache if its occupied any space).

You can do a force stop also and then start your camera.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:17   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
iPod Touch 4G / 2G Capdase Car charger Dual USB | eBay - don't even try to procure such an item from the USA. Enjoy
Reasons being, the cost factor or is it because they have compatibility issues with Indian cars ? I was planning on getting them only because they are from a fairly known manufacturer and seem to have good build quality (atleast from the pics).
Old 18th July 2011, 12:48   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Has anyone here got the phone ZTE Blade. Its known to be the mother of customization.
I checked many mod sites and noticed that it has got various personalization options in the Android Forums. So my question is have anyone got it in the TBHP forum?
I know the most famous version is Orange San Fransico and in India its sold as Dell model.
I have one, got it from UK, Orange.

Overall its a very good phone and blade.modaco.com is the place for all the customization.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:21   #4875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
I have one, got it from UK, Orange.

Overall its a very good phone and blade.modaco.com is the place for all the customization.
Great man... even I tried to get someone from UK to buy me a ZTE Blade. But looks like none of my friends have any plans of travelling to UK. :( and this is not available in US at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks