Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 21:08   #4936

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Congrats Man.

Letsbuy surprises me with their shipping. one order they shipped in an instant but the other one they took their own sweet time.

Anyway I have 7 more coupons if anyone wants them. Max discount of 10% upto Rs.1879/-

Are you planning to run it stock or root the phone
Hi indian21r,
do you have any of of those still left, would really appreciate if you can share, intend to use it for an S2 purchase.

Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 22:09   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Guys does Defy make any sense for someone who plans to use it stock ?

I have a Galaxy 3 i5801, running on Froyo (official update). Planning to upgrade to Motorola Defy for the larger screen , better resolution and (hopefully) better GPS reception.

How much would a 6-7 month old i5801 fetch?
Old 19th July 2011, 22:49   #4938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Motorola tech support will ask you to do a factory reset. But all that is required is 'Settings'->'Applications'->'Manage Applications', go to the tab 'All', select camera, do 'clear data' (and cache if its occupied any space).

You can do a force stop also and then start your camera.
Many thanks. Force stop was the one that worked, among the 3 suggestoins in your post.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:52   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
@indian21r - thx for the tip on transferring contacts. apparently it is possible to import contacts without using google. export contacts in CSV format using samsung pc studio, Instal samsung kies of android phone to laptop . connect the phone to laptop through usb.now Kies can import the contacts from csv files stored earlier, directly to new device , without going through google.

very fast & accurate & captures all the data, with no errors.
the reason I was suggesting google is once you sync it the contacts are easy to maintain and you will also have a web access as well.anyway the csv format can be used to import contacts directly. plua the merge feature on google make it very easy to delete duplicates

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jash_ View Post
Hi indian21r,
do you have any of of those still left, would really appreciate if you can share, intend to use it for an S2 purchase.

Thanks
I have a couple of them left. Also Why don't you see the post from vijuvarghese.

He is giving discount coupons of upto 2900. He also purchased a SGS2. I have coupon only worth 1879.

By the way your pm is not active. message me if you still need one
Old 19th July 2011, 23:21   #4940
Senior - BHPian

Control your phone from PC

Weeks back I posted about how you can control your PC from your phone, now it's the opposite!

Ever wanted to control your Android from PC? Here's how

Just goto this goolge code site and run that Java app. You need to have Adb set up properly with correct drivers for Windows, so that adb can recognize your device while plugged in.

Right now viewing the phone's screen in PC live, and controlling the UI with my Mouse and Keyboard! See the screenshot from my pc.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-androidcast.png

Last edited by clevermax : 19th July 2011 at 23:25.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 08:34   #4941

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I have a couple of them left. Also Why don't you see the post from vijuvarghese.

He is giving discount coupons of upto 2900. He also purchased a SGS2. I have coupon only worth 1879.

By the way your pm is not active. message me if you still need one
"The Private Messaging facility is only available to BHPian membership level (and above)." so I guess that explains the the non-working PM. Thanks for the effort & pointer, will buzz you again if vijuvarghese is out of coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Mohit and others, thanks for your inputs.
Finally i decided for S2, had ordered on letsbuy and was delivered on the 5th day.

Let me know if anyone needs a voucher for 10% or rs.2900/- on letsbuy.

Viju
Hi vijuvarghese,
Can you please share one of those with me, will make my S2 purchase a little lighter on the pocket . I don't have PM rights so can you pls mail it to me on sizzlingrohan@yahoo.co.in , Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 12:01   #4942
BANNED

Has anyone bought anything from Saholic.com? What was the experience? I'm planning to buy a Desire from them.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:03   #4943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I found their service spot on. And looking forward to ordering more from them in future.
This surprise me! may be I am not that lucky!

My friend ordered an android phone yesterday evening and they already shipped the item.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:17   #4944
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, shattered the gorilla glass of my motorola defy. It fell down and landed on the top left edge and the whole screen cracked.

So, it's not impact proof :-(

Need to get a replacement screen now.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:34   #4945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Can you post the cost of that repair. If its too high, may be you should look at cheaper after market replacement and plan to get a new phone
Old 20th July 2011, 14:05   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Bye bye letsbye. Their service sucks! sent an email to cancel the order, dont know what happens next..
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I found their service spot on. And looking forward to ordering more from them in future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
my recent experience with letsbuy was shockingly fast, ..Turnaround time of less than 30 hours !!
I was just about to rant about the LetsBuy Service, but I just received the mail and sms that my product is shipped. I ordered a DSLR from them on sunday(17th july), and yesterday mailed them and even called enquiring the status. I even received a reply to my mail updating the status. Now hope to receive the product by tomorrow or day after. This would be within their 4-7 days of delivery schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Weeks back I posted about how you can control your PC from your phone, now it's the opposite!
Clevermax, happy to see that you are using the Miren Browser too.
I have it on my phone too. Replaced the Dolphin Browser with this after dolphin was getting too heavy with it's regular updates. Miren is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Ok, shattered the gorilla glass of my motorola defy.
This is not a good news. Seems no glass is too tough. Get a plastic case for the phone like that from Capdase, transparent ones. I have it on my Wildfire and it's serving good. Even my phone was fallen a few times but not a single scratch and no broken screen. These plastic cases are thick enough to absord the impact and your phone won't be affected.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:26   #4947
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing i have noticed about letsbuy is the delivery time depends on the courier service they use.If the product is dispatched through blue dart or DHL,the delivery is blazing fast.Butttt,if its the "First Flight" courier its damn slow.They are the worst courier service and their customer care executives are nothing more than pre recorded cassets.If you ask any thing other than their normal queries they give a standard reply-"We will get back to you". So,those who have got it product shipped through first flight,have to wait for atleast a week longer than DHL or blue dart.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:28   #4948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Clevermax, happy to see that you are using the Miren Browser too.
I have it on my phone too. Replaced the Dolphin Browser with this after dolphin was getting too heavy with it's regular updates. Miren is good.
Yes, Miren is a good browser. Dolphin was eating up battery whenever I used it, and I think their updates and public relations are a bit on the higher side. Have you seen their facebook fan page?

For Keralite folks, pronunciation of the name Miren can be very funny though

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Ok, shattered the gorilla glass of my motorola defy. It fell down and landed on the top left edge and the whole screen cracked.

Need to get a replacement screen now.
Is it just the glass in front of the actual display or the whole display cracked?

Last edited by clevermax : 20th July 2011 at 14:33.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:27   #4949
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Can you provide the name of some "MUST" Apps for Android as ill be joining this Android Army soon.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:43   #4950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hi Guys,

Can you provide the name of some "MUST" Apps for Android as ill be joining this Android Army soon.
Do check out my favorite apps here - Must Have Android Applications On Your New Android Phone - Reliance Mobile (CDMA & GSM) - Discussion Forums
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks