Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 17:54   #5071
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Same problems with my galaxy ace as well, running froyo. Not very regular, but crazes me out when it chooses to strike.
Another problem I've encountered is when I keep the wifi on my phone running for some time. After 1-2 hours the phone apparently switches off, but usually does not start back on, unless I remove the battery and put it back in.
Anyone know hot to fix this???
Yes even i am facing the problem s you have mentioned.This switching off thing happens even in normal condition too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^^ These software glitches are very common on Samsung phones. Apparently a Factory Reset does solve it for many people and resets the radio back to normal. Also after a factory reset, do not install any app for a day or two to rule out if any app is causing the issue for you. Many a times many apps have been known to cause such issues. Root and custom recovery are also know to do this on some models. Thirdly, try to remain stock/unrooted with original recovery image for some days to rule all these out. If nothing works, take it to service station to rule out actual hardware issues.
Have given my phone to service center.Hope they update the firware or else i will have to do it myself!But this is not what you expect when you spend close to 20K on a premium phone!

I suggest everyone who are planning to pour their hard earned money on a high end android not to buy this Galaxy SL I9003.There are lot more better options in the same range.But dont buy the I9003!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Move to XXKB3 firmware. You can find more info on XDA forums.

[I9003][ROM] STOCK ROMS for GALAXY S I9003 {NOW GINGERBREAD 2.3.4} - xda-developers
Thanks mate.Will have a look into it!
Old 24th July 2011, 19:26   #5072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
LG Optimus One P500 Updated to Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 ! I just read here. eagerly waiting for my phone to arrive.
I tried the firmware update today, but it says i have the latest update. I am on 2.2.2.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:30   #5073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes even i am facing the problem s you have mentioned.This switching off thing happens even in normal condition too!

Have given my phone to service center.Hope they update the firware or else i will have to do it myself!But this is not what you expect when you spend close to 20K on a premium phone!

I suggest everyone who are planning to pour their hard earned money on a high end android not to buy this Galaxy SL I9003.There are lot more better options in the same range.But dont buy the I9003!

Thanks mate.Will have a look into it!
Buddy,

i9003 is a very able phone and ticks almost all the boxes for a phone in that budget. It is just a software glitch. You could have flashed XXKB3 on your own,without even going to the service center. Flashing a ROM would hardly take 20 mins.

Anyway let's see what the service center finds out.

Last edited by F150 : 24th July 2011 at 19:31.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:07   #5074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy,

i9003 is a very able phone and ticks almost all the boxes for a phone in that budget. It is just a software glitch. You could have flashed XXKB3 on your own,without even going to the service center. Flashing a ROM would hardly take 20 mins.

Anyway let's see what the service center finds out.
Found out from the XDA forum that the XXKB3 is a European ROM.And read a few posts if the flashing is not done properly then it can completely destroy the phone.So am a bit apprehensive about it!

Most probably the service center will just reset it to factory setting and give back.Because there is not latest firmware for the I9003 Indian version.Will flash the phone to European XXKB3 once i get back the phone from service center!
Old 24th July 2011, 20:12   #5075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found out from the XDA forum that the XXKB3 is a European ROM.And read a few posts if the flashing is not done properly then it can completely destroy the phone.So am a bit apprehensive about it!

Most probably the service center will just reset it to factory setting and give back.Because there is not latest firmware for the I9003 Indian version.Will flash the phone to European XXKB3 once i get back the phone from service center!
I am on XXKB3 since a month now, the major advantage in this firmware is, GPS locks on to a satellite very quickly. On DDKB2 you wont get a GPS lock even after 15-20 mins.

If you don't flash the ROM properly, it is a soft brick that's all.The procedure can be repeated.

Let's wait and see which firmware does the service center flash your phone with.

Last edited by F150 : 24th July 2011 at 20:16.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 20:14   #5076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am XXKB3 since a month now, the major advantage in this firmware is, GPS locks on to a satellite very quickly. On DDKB2 you wont get a GPS lock even after 15-20 mins.

If you don't flash the ROM properly, it is a soft brick that's all.The procedure can be repeated.

Let's wait and see which firmware does the service center flash your phone with.
Yes even i have heard a lot of good things about this firmware.Especially the Route 69 navigation software that you get free along with it

Will ask you if i have any doubt when i am flashing to the European ROM ok?

EDIT1: Are you also using I9003? Are you facing any of the problems i mentioned with the European ROM you are using?

EDIT2: Are there any other recent European ROMs or is this the stable one?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 24th July 2011 at 20:18.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:28   #5077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes even i have heard a lot of good things about this firmware.Especially the Route 69 navigation software that you get free along with it

Will ask you if i have any doubt when i am flashing to the European ROM ok?

EDIT1: Are you also using I9003? Are you facing any of the problems i mentioned with the European ROM you are using?

EDIT2: Are there any other recent European ROMs or is this the stable one?
Yes I am using a i9003 and my phone is currently on XXKB3 , no issues encountered so far. This is the most stable Froyo ROM out there. Feel free to PM me for any help.

Other recent firmware is the gingerbread XXKP9.
Old 24th July 2011, 21:02   #5078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am using a i9003 and my phone is currently on XXKB3 , no issues encountered so far. This is the most stable Froyo ROM out there. Feel free to PM me for any help.

Other recent firmware is the gingerbread XXKP9.
Thanks buddy.Have you tried the Route navigation software in built into the ROM?How is it in Indian conditions?
Old 24th July 2011, 21:14   #5079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy.Have you tried the Route navigation software in built into the ROM?How is it in Indian conditions?
I am using Map my India for android. Check this thread for more info

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...s-etc-138.html
Old 25th July 2011, 09:37   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I tried the firmware update today, but it says i have the latest update. I am on 2.2.2.
Finally! I have been waiting for some time now for this upgrade. Hopefully we will also get the update ASAP.
Old 25th July 2011, 11:28   #5081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
A Android with a solid keyboard - Samsung Galaxy Pro at 7.5K after discount coupon (RCOMLB1) - Buy Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 (Platinum Silver) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
This one is a good find! Thanks.
I would be interested in getting something like this for my wife (though she is not fond of QWERTY keyboards). Can you recommend something similar which does not have QWERTY keyboard? A mobile tracker (anti-theft) feature is a must for that phone.

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th July 2011 at 11:31.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:23   #5082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This one is a good find! Thanks.
I would be interested in getting something like this for my wife (though she is not fond of QWERTY keyboards). Can you recommend something similar which does not have QWERTY keyboard? A mobile tracker (anti-theft) feature is a must for that phone.
Well, at this price point there are few better phones than this. Otherwise Moto Defy is liked here at around 14K. Otherwise some other good options are
LG Optimus One at around 8K or Samsung Galaxy 551

And there's a Mobile Tracker App for any Android Phone which you can try here - https://market.android.com/details?i...droid.security
Old 25th July 2011, 12:52   #5083
Senior - BHPian

<= 9.5K Android which can be modded to 800MHz/1GHz?

Dear Android market watchers

Is there any phone out there which is <=9.5K INR with

1) 600/667 Mhz processor which can be overclocked to at least 800/1Ghz easily? (Mod friendly)
2) A decent display with at least 400 pixels on the longer side
3) With A-GPS, WiFi, BT with A2DP and may be FM radio as well?
Old 25th July 2011, 12:55   #5084
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

My friend has an Experia X10 mini pro, sparingly used (She also has a Galaxy S, and hence this is not used much). I am thinking of picking it up for my mother. My requirements were small overall size, touchscreen with qwerty keypad, and this seems to fit the bill perfectly.

Question is- How much to offer for a one year old sparingly used S10 mini pro as a win-win situation for both parties?
Old 25th July 2011, 13:36   #5085
BHPian

Re: <= 9.5K Android which can be modded to 800MHz/1GHz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Dear Android market watchers

Is there any phone out there which is <=9.5K INR with

1) 600/667 Mhz processor which can be overclocked to at least 800/1Ghz easily? (Mod friendly)
2) A decent display with at least 400 pixels on the longer side
3) With A-GPS, WiFi, BT with A2DP and may be FM radio as well?
LG Optimus One for 8.9K. It meets your requirements.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks