Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 23:38   #5131
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Finally got my Nexus S today. A breeze to use. It already updating to Gingerbread MR2 (2.3.4). Managed to get all my contacts by exporting a CSV file from outlook and importing to GMail. However the images/photos of the contacts are not come. How do I get them to the phone. Also configured the email without any problems. Now just neew to start downloading the apps. Already downloades some.
For images of the contacts add their email ID and sync. Within 5 mins you will get all the updated info.

Even mine got updated the moment I connected.
Old 26th July 2011, 23:50   #5132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
For images of the contacts add their email ID and sync. Within 5 mins you will get all the updated info.

Even mine got updated the moment I connected.
My outlook contacts have the persons photo, phone nos., e-mail address and mailing address. I exported a CSV file and imported this to my GMail. Then all the contacts came to my Nexus S with all fields except for the snaps.
Old 27th July 2011, 06:32   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
My outlook contacts have the persons photo, phone nos., e-mail address and mailing address. I exported a CSV file and imported this to my GMail. Then all the contacts came to my Nexus S with all fields except for the snaps.
Sync your contacts in phone with your Gmail account or with your Facebook account. It will download SNS contacts, you can join SNS contacts with your existing contacts and it will get the photos back from their Google profile or Facebook profile.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:16   #5134
Senior - BHPian

URGENT!

Yesterday, I installed a app namely Absolute Root System* in my LG Optimus One(P500). This app helps you change the default system font, bootloader screen etc. I badly wanted to change the default system font and ended up doing so. But, after changing the default system font, the application labels in the menus started appearing weird. Please see the images attached for reference. But the real problem is, this app does not let you switch back to the original system font and only allows you to select a font from a list of nearly 150 fonts.

* The application was gifted to me by my dearest friend. Damn
  • I tried uninstalling the app, rest my phone to factory settings etc. But, all my actions did not yield any result.
  • The original default system font is DroidSansFallBack

I would appreciate if someone guide me on how to switch back to my previous system font. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I contacted the developer. He says that purchasing the latest version of this software, by paying $1.99, would help me accomplish my goals. But, I don't believe him, anymore.

Before changing the font :

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-7272011-70235-am.jpg

After changing the font :

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-7272011-70231-am.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-fullscreen-capture-7272011-70312-am.jpg
Old 27th July 2011, 07:30   #5135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
URGENT!

Yesterday, I installed a app namely Absolute Root System* in my LG Optimus One(P500). This app helps you change the default system font, bootloader screen etc. I badly wanted to change the default system font and ended up doing so. But, after changing the default system font, the application labels in the menus started appearing weird. Please see the images attached for reference. But the real problem is, this app does not let you switch back to the original system font and only allows you to select a font from a list of nearly 150 fonts.

* The application was gifted to me by my dearest friend. Damn
  • I tried uninstalling the app, rest my phone to factory settings etc. But, all my actions did not yield any result.
  • The original default system font is DroidSansFallBack
I would appreciate if someone guide me on how to switch back to my previous system font. Thanks in anticipation.
Download the font files, .apk files and install them, you can see the fonts in your settings and select them.

Last edited by F150 : 27th July 2011 at 07:40.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 07:32   #5136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Download the font files, .apk files and install them, you can see the fonts in your settings and select them.
Please tell me where I can download the font files.apk file from. Thanks a lot man.

PS: YES, I'm a complete noob when it comes to technology and related stuff.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:39   #5137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please tell me where I can download the font files.apk file from. Thanks a lot man.

PS: YES, I'm a complete noob when it comes to technology and related stuff.
There is a app by the name font for galaxy SP on the market, you may not find the exact font but you can download the font which suits you. Even though it says it is for galaxy series, some people have used it on droid series.

Try your luck.

Last edited by F150 : 27th July 2011 at 07:41.
Old 27th July 2011, 07:53   #5138
Senior - BHPian

is there any app which can change profile according to time? or change volume level from silent to regular at a given time?

example: i want phone to go silent at 8 am and undo the silent at 5 pm. which app does this?

thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 08:05   #5139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class
URGENT!
Klub, you should have taken a full back up of your system from recovery program before going ahead with such font changes...

I remember changing system fonts in mine, and there was no option to switch back to default, or the app won't let you know what was the default font. I switched back to default by trial and error method.

Last edited by clevermax : 27th July 2011 at 08:08.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 08:12   #5140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Try your luck.
Thanks for the pointers. I'll let you know the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Klub, you should have taken a full back up of your system from recovery program before going ahead with such font changes...
well. I learnt it the hard way.

Quote:
I remember changing system fonts in mine, and there was no option to switch back to default, or the app won't let you know what was the default font. I switched back to default by trial and error method.
That's what I'm doing right now.

By the way, what is the font format of android fonts? ttf?
Old 27th July 2011, 08:32   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Klub:
Chill. its okay man. The font size is bigger than what your display is set up for. Just either use titanium backup if u have the backup or just reduce the font size if that's an option anywhere.

@chevelle:
Timerrific.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 08:38   #5142
Senior - BHPian

Hi, as I have previously mentioned on this thread, I am using a Galaxy Ace about 2 months old. I have been facing some problems, and the general opinion I have been able to gather is that it is better to move to a different Firmware version.
Since, I have never done a Firmware upgrade, please can someone guide me with discrete steps I need to follow, including any precautions that I need to take? Please also mention the source for the firmware... Thanks.
Old 27th July 2011, 08:38   #5143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointers. I'll let you know the results.
By the way, what is the font format of android fonts? ttf?
TTF yes, but the files you download will be in .apk
Old 27th July 2011, 10:28   #5144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi, as I have previously mentioned on this thread, I am using a Galaxy Ace about 2 months old. I have been facing some problems, and the general opinion I have been able to gather is that it is better to move to a different Firmware version.
Since, I have never done a Firmware upgrade, please can someone guide me with discrete steps I need to follow, including any precautions that I need to take? Please also mention the source for the firmware... Thanks.
Contact http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member...antgandhi.html for this - he's running a custom ROM and has flashed other OEM firmwares as well.

Else News - www.SamFirmware.com is enough to do your basic job or u can look up XDA-developers threads.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:31   #5145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post

Nexus one, HTC desire will cost more than 25k! My budget is is within 17k

Are you referring to the Desire S ? It will cost your 22399/- on flipkart.com
The Samsung Google Nexus S will cost 19999/-.

Both are with Android 2.3

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks