Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 22:03   #4381
Senior - BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I tried searching for the Andriod Applications thread, but was unable to find it and hence posting my question here. I want to sync my phone contacts with my MS outlook - how do i acheive this? Little bit of researching threw up an application named "Companionlink" however this is a paid one. Is there any free application in android that i can use for this purpose? I use a Samsung galaxy S.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:18   #4382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I tried searching for the Andriod Applications thread, but was unable to find it and hence posting my question here. I want to sync my phone contacts with my MS outlook - how do i acheive this? Little bit of researching threw up an application named "Companionlink" however this is a paid one. Is there any free application in android that i can use for this purpose? I use a Samsung galaxy S.
You can do it either by "Add account" under CM7 or in general by adding an email and specifying it as exchange. Under the sync options will be an option to sync contacts.

Try adding your exchange address again.
like: Set up an Exchange account on your Android phone | TechRepublic

all mfrs do it.
like motorola: Android Support - Microsoft® Exchange Corporate Email - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
look up your manual, no?
Old 1st July 2011, 22:55   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
hey anybody here bought a SGS2 recently? All sites are echoing out of stock. And owners, could you confirm which SoC you have in your phone? (Exynos or Tegra)?
Guess what, one of my friend just bought GS II in Delhi thru a dealer at 27.5
as the dealer was his friend he claims this is the landing cost to the dealer.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 22:57   #4384
Senior - BHPian

Heres a nice page on Myths about multi-tasking and Resource hungry ANDROID
Old 1st July 2011, 23:10   #4385
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your response. Me exchange account has been successfully configured, no problems there. The phone gives me an option to even view my outlook contacts in the phone address book, but the reverse isn't possible. I want to see the phone contacts synced to my outlook and be available when viewed using my PC. My previous nokia E63 had this functionality. Any suggestions apart from this companion link application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

You can do it either by "Add account" under CM7 or in general by adding an email and specifying it as exchange. Under the sync options will be an option to sync contacts.

Try adding your exchange address again.
like: Set up an Exchange account on your Android phone | TechRepublic

all mfrs do it.
like motorola: Android Support - Microsoft® Exchange Corporate Email - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
look up your manual, no?
Old 1st July 2011, 23:15   #4386
BHPian

Well I meant, if I want directions, it asks for start and end point..I understand end point, but start point, shouldnt it be updated based on my position??

Samsung users: How do you update Kies on your laptop? Mine goes on and on..

Last edited by zteg : 1st July 2011 at 23:17.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:16   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Guess what, one of my friend just bought GS II in Delhi thru a dealer at 27.5
as the dealer was his friend he claims this is the landing cost to the dealer.
hey ghpk thanks for the news. That is a great price. I was worried to buy it in India because of rumors flying thick that the SoC in SGS 2 sold in India is not exynos but Tegra which basically means reduced performance from the phone for HDMI play back or media intensive process. If you go to the spec sheet in India they don't specify Exynos unlike in UK where it is clearly mentioned. The tegra chip is cheaper than the Exynos. Taking Indian's for a ride??
Old 1st July 2011, 23:44   #4388
BHPian

999 Mailed the friend to check, will post specs if i get a reply from him with full technical details of the handset.
will tell him to use any software which can print and place entire phone info on a text file, like network info II,
ofcourse his IMEI number will be hidden when posting
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 23:49   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
999 Mailed the friend to check, will post specs if i get a reply from him with full technical details of the handset.
will tell him to use any software which can print and place entire phone info on a text file, like network info II,
ofcourse his IMEI number will be hidden when posting
Thanks ghpk. I wanted to ask you that, then I know your friend will be too busy for the next few days . It is similar to ask for a friend for test drive 2 days after buying a new car
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:02   #4390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Well, under reasonably heavy usage, I get between 16-28 hours depending on the latest nightly ROM I am trying out. MIUI gave me 28 hours for instance. But none of the defy ROMs gave me like 37++ hours like our man is getting on the sensation!!
I once got 38 hours from Defy before it hit 15% mark when it was stock.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-219839_222071611143009_100000205145145_1121897_4227743_o.jpg
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:36   #4391
BHPian

For Galaxy 3 Users
I get excellent battery time with kyrillos ROM 5.7
Name:  SC20110702013018.png
Views: 401
Size:  20.4 KB

Also my GPS works without a SIM Card, Locks satellites under 15 seconds.
never knew how good can a low end handset based A-GPS could be.
had no prior experience with GPS
Old 2nd July 2011, 03:38   #4392
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how to turn off vibration for notification when in call ? my nexus s vibrates in my ear if i get a message while on a call
Old 2nd July 2011, 05:38   #4393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Thanks for your response. Me exchange account has been successfully configured, no problems there. The phone gives me an option to even view my outlook contacts in the phone address book, but the reverse isn't possible. I want to see the phone contacts synced to my outlook and be available when viewed using my PC. My previous nokia E63 had this functionality. Any suggestions apart from this companion link application?
Try un-syncing contacts from the google account and syncing it only to outlook? Mind you - backup things before u try this. it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Well I meant, if I want directions, it asks for start and end point..I understand end point, but start point, shouldnt it be updated based on my position??
umm, mine picks up my current location just fine. infact, installt he compass application. it will find out your current location just fine. try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
If you go to the spec sheet in India they don't specify Exynos unlike in UK where it is clearly mentioned. The tegra chip is cheaper than the Exynos. Taking Indian's for a ride??
Umm, excuse me. NVidia has been far better /longer in making chips than Sammy. Tegra is the reference SoC for Honeycomb. Clearly you've been misinformed. Its exynos that's there for the low cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
saar aap toh purush hi nahin ... maha purush hain!

Day 1- i used it so nonstop - i drained the battery in 6 hours flat!!
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:18   #4394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why don't you check other brands at Online Shopping - Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops @ Lowest Price - Letsbuy.com and you can even choose cash on delivery.
Theres a promo code floating around (rcomlb1) which would give you good discounts too.
Like Jabra Arrow becomes Rs.2,719 instead of 3199.

checked LB, not available there :(
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:43   #4395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Attachment 570648
I'm new to Android (LG P500). I'm curious about this "Phone Idle" usage percentage shown. For me, a high % appears even when I'm using the flight mode (having never even turned on the networks after booting)! What does the "Phone Idle" usage signify in this case?

Also, I could never turn off the vibration completely (even after fiddling with all possible settings). e.g. it bugs me no end when the haptic feedback jars me every time I unlock the screen!

Lastly, is it possible to disable the screen lock somehow if I so wish (without affecting the display-turn-off feature)? I dislike having to do it all the time, even when I don't need it. Thanks.

Last edited by meerkat : 2nd July 2011 at 09:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks