Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 05:30   #4486
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Is there any way around there to send business card in android 2.2?

Thanks in advance!
try an application QRDroid, it has many options to send a business card
however i don't know if it would be able to satisfy people who have habit of using the old nokia way.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 06:55   #4487
BHPian

It is almost 3 years since I've been using Android based mobile phones. In these 3 years I have used 2 phones and with the last one that I bought (Xperia X10 Mini Pro) a year ago, I have the feeling that it is already old. With no possible upgrade to Froyo or the Gingerbread, I feel upgrading again. But really do not want to invest money again and buy a Android device which gets no more upgrades after a year or so. Subsequently, both the Android devices that I bought (Samsung Galaxy 7500 and the XPeria Mini Pro), I had to stick with Android 1.6 and 2.0.

What do you guys feel with respect to doing upgrades to Android versions on your Android sets? Especially when an upgrade is not anymore possible, what is your opinion?
Old 5th July 2011, 10:03   #4488
BHPian

I have ordered a Nexus S from Letsbuy yesterday using ICICILB. Eagerly waiting for my first Droid. ICICILB works with other bank cards as well. Now I have to see if they will charge octroi or not.

I was leaning towards Defy but evertime I see the site, prices are increasing. Decided that @ 18.8 grand Nexus S with 16 gigs may be a better option

Cheers

Last edited by indian21r : 5th July 2011 at 10:04.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:10   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Guys, read here for some Android tips.

Out of 16 tips, I was not aware of 3 useful features.

Type contact names of the keypad- The Times of India
Old 5th July 2011, 10:15   #4490
BHPian

I'm trying to configure Yahoo emails in the email application provided in Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGS2). After providing the Yahoo.com user id and the password and clicking Next, it processes and says that the user id and/or password is wrong. Infact, I'm able to access yahoo mails in the laptop with the same id and password. Am I doing any thing wrong. Is there any other way to configure yahoo emails? Please advice. Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 10:35   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I'm trying to configure Yahoo emails in the email application provided in Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGS2). After providing the Yahoo.com user id and the password and clicking Next, it processes and says that the user id and/or password is wrong. Infact, I'm able to access yahoo mails in the laptop with the same id and password. Am I doing any thing wrong. Is there any other way to configure yahoo emails? Please advice. Thanks
Even i face the same issue on my P500. For some reason, it is not going through. Has anyone here got success with the email app on P500? Please advice.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:39   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Even i face the same issue on my P500. For some reason, it is not going through. Has anyone here got success with the email app on P500? Please advice.
Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Froyo native email app. You have to either use Yahoo mail app (get it from the market) or another Email client like K9 Mail.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:43   #4493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Yahoo Mail is not supported on the Froyo native email app. You have to either use Yahoo mail app (get it from the market) or another Email client like K9 Mail.
Get the official Yahoo mail app from Yahoo Inc. It's there on the android market.
I have it on my Wildfire and it works flawlessly. I have two account on the same app and both works fine. It's a bit heavy on the memory though, but has all the functionality of the webmail, even the emoticons.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:56   #4494
BHPian

I got the HTC Wildfire S - my first android phone , my first smartphone - migrated from a nokia 6230 which ive used from 4-5 years , I was told that this would be a good start to android world , sadly the phone has too little internal memory (150mb) and a lot of it is already filled up with HTC junk. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. I regret trying to save a few bucks & not going for the Samsung Google Nexus S i9023
Old 5th July 2011, 11:31   #4495
Senior - BHPian

I bought a samsung galaxy s2. It came with Android 2.3 gingerbread. Must say, I am impressed by the phone and its user friendly Os. This is my first smart phone so getting used to it. Reaction time is very quick and the big AMOLED screen is wonderful.

Last edited by Stratos : 5th July 2011 at 11:33.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:58   #4496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
I bought a samsung galaxy s2. It came with Android 2.3 gingerbread. Must say, I am impressed by the phone and its user friendly Os. This is my first smart phone so getting used to it. Reaction time is very quick and the big AMOLED screen is wonderful.
+1 Everything is excellent about the phone, except for the pathetic battery life!

Also, which gprs connection do you use? Do you download the apps from market by gprs or you use the wifi at home?
Old 5th July 2011, 12:01   #4497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
+1 Everything is excellent about the phone, except for the pathetic battery life!

Also, which gprs connection do you use? Do you download the apps from market by gprs or you use the wifi at home?
Battery life is looking fine so far. Been using a good amount of time for Wifi, downloading apps and ofcourse, Angry Birds.

Currently, downloading Apps through Wifi. I have Airtel and I am looking for a cheap 3G plan which I just need, to check emails and browse Team-BHP lightly. Let me know if any one has any such plan active on their phones.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:13   #4498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Battery life is looking fine so far. Been using a good amount of time for Wifi, downloading apps and ofcourse, Angry Birds.

Currently, downloading Apps through Wifi. I have Airtel and I am looking for a cheap 3G plan which I just need, to check emails and browse Team-BHP lightly. Let me know if any one has any such plan active on their phones.
Did you update your phone with the latest firmwire released by Samsung? Its said that battery life improves after the same.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:36   #4499
Senior - BHPian

HTC LEgend with Android 2.2

Of late the Android Market applicaiton force closes when trying to open / download any application.

HTC support claims that hard boot ( data will be erased ) is the only option.

HAs anyone faced this and any solution ? I've already done the clear cache..

thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 12:38   #4500
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Stratos on purchasing a brilliant android device; It will soon be supported by AOSP; In the meanwhile checkout my GPS thread post and download the world's best offline navigation softwares and maps for free - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2407013

The battery life is quite good on SII and it is amongst one of the world's first devices with MHL - Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia My (on the way device from US) EVO 3D is also using the same technology but has the added advantage of "actual" usable 3d without glasses. It also has a 1730maH battery and has been tested by my friend in the US to give more than 24 hour continuous battery life with very heavy usage.

Last edited by dkaile : 5th July 2011 at 12:42.

Most Viewed