Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 11:10   #4561
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
So i mosyed on down to Axis PDA and they said they could do 17300 for the Defy. Croma is even cheaper at like 16 something. Is it just me or is Bangalore really wierd with phone prices? I thought the Defy was supposed to be in the 15k range now .
Try letsbuy. 14600/- with ICICILB coupon. + A Blue tooth Headset. Good deal.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:37   #4562
BHPian

One of my friend bought Galaxys2 .It indeed has a terrific display .I Being a prospective customer borrowed it to check for a couple of hours.Oh boy,its heating up terribly even for voice calls .I nearly fired my ear when i had a call for less than 10 min.Even the screen was hot. Except this the phone looks and feels good.However i didn't like the plastic back cover a rubberised one would have been ideal.
I hope there might be a fix coming for the heating issue.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:43   #4563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
AFAIK There are no heating issues with the S2 in GSM. Check whether the signal strength is proper. if yes, then get it checked immediately by the service centre

Friends, just got feedback about the battery life of EVO3D from a close friend using it in the US. Seems the newer devices are coming with better battery management than ever before -
Quote:
continuously hitting 24 hrs on battery life on my EVO 3D
usage includes keeping 4G on all time with gmail and gtalk and playing 3D games
Also keep on playing with my phone all day long giving my display on time more than 2 hrs ....

lovely !!
dkaile is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2011, 11:54   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK There are no heating issues with the S2 in GSM. Check whether the signal strength is proper. if yes, then get it checked immediately by the service centre
The signal strength was showing full and there was no break or clarity issue with the call the phone was simply getting hot.I'll ask to check it up.
Old 6th July 2011, 12:54   #4565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
One of my friend bought Galaxys2 .It indeed has a terrific display .I Being a prospective customer borrowed it to check for a couple of hours.Oh boy,its heating up terribly even for voice calls .I nearly fired my ear when i had a call for less than 10 min.Even the screen was hot. Except this the phone looks and feels good.However i didn't like the plastic back cover a rubberised one would have been ideal.
I am using the SGS2 for almost a month now, never had this issue. Battery life is better after last weeks update.

But yes, when i use my SGS2 as a 3G hotspot, it does get warm but not really hot.

Last edited by xotiq : 6th July 2011 at 12:56.
xotiq is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2011, 14:27   #4566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Battery life is better after last weeks update.
Hey, What update are you referring to ? Please through some light on the same. My phone has kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE8-CL214845. Are talking about updating this or something else ?
Old 6th July 2011, 14:29   #4567
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
There are shops who get MEID ESN register done on Tata and Reliance, charges 1000-1500/- for handsets migrating from verizon, sprint, pageplus etc.
Tata will be news. They are not accepting foreign MEIDs.
Old 6th July 2011, 14:53   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey, What update are you referring to ? Please through some light on the same. My phone has kernel version 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE8-CL214845. Are talking about updating this or something else ?
Even my SGS2 is having the same kernel version as given above. But, when I connected to Kies on PC, it prompted that there is a new firmware. i do not remember it exactly, but it is like *KF4* instead of the older *KE8* firmware . Is this the newer firmware? How is it? Is it stable. Any thoughts from those who have upgraded to this firmware?

Also, is there anything like we can hear the callers name when we get a call like the one that is there in Nokia E71. I'm addicted to this facility. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 6th July 2011 at 14:55.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:32   #4569
BHPian

So its indeed true; Spice Hotspot has the original Desire for 16.5k. As far as i know most of the outlets are out of stock, but the guy said he would be getting more pieces this weekend. So if anyone is interested in picking up the original Desire, then head on down to your local Spice Hotspot. Its funny to watch the reaction of the other resellers when you tell them how much the Desire is being sold for over at Spice Hotspot. Sadly the Defy isnt available at spice hotspot. The cheapest ive found the Defy so far is at Univercel (out of stock, or so they claim) and Croma (15,999).
Old 6th July 2011, 16:45   #4570
Senior - BHPian

Even my SGS2 does not heat up. It only gets warm after some long stretches of gaming.

And yes, after last week's update, the battery life has improved. To install it in your S2, just install KIES in your desktop and connect your phone. Make sure you have a internet connection and it will detect the update on its own.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 16:55   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Even my SGS2 does not heat up. It only gets warm after some long stretches of gaming.

And yes, after last week's update, the battery life has improved. To install it in your S2, just install KIES in your desktop and connect your phone. Make sure you have a internet connection and it will detect the update on its own.

What is your phone's current kernel version? Can you pl. share it? Thanks.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:18   #4572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
What is your phone's current kernel version? Can you pl. share it? Thanks.
Kernel Version:
2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555
root@DELL101 #2

Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKF3
Old 6th July 2011, 17:32   #4573
Senior - BHPian

just a data point regarding heating. BHPian extreme_torque bought a used SGS2, and sold it in a week (at a profit!) simply because of the heating. There are enough mentions of heat only with this handset.

Any Atrix, Optimus 2x, Sensation users who can comment on whether their dualcore phones run hot or not?
Old 6th July 2011, 17:41   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
So its indeed true; Spice Hotspot has the original Desire for 16.5k. As far as i know most of the outlets are out of stock, but the guy said he would be getting more pieces this weekend. So if anyone is interested in picking up the original Desire, then head on down to your local Spice Hotspot...
Hey, thanks for that.
But, even flipkart has Desire at 16.5K

Few pages back, somebody bought it at 15K, right?

Thanks,

Ace.
Old 6th July 2011, 18:04   #4575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi guys,
I have a i9003 Galaxy SL on stock KB2 firmware. I have rooted my phone. Now it is expected that the official Gingerbread update for this phone will release in a couple of days. If i want to update via KIES, do i have to unroot the phone and then update ? Will it cause any issues if i update without rooting ?
Well, why dont you apply the gingerbread upgrade itself since you have already rooted it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks