Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 12:08   #5881
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Rooted the S2 and using Check's Dark Knight Edition V3 for the past 2 days,everything working fine and the battery life has improved from the stock rom.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:41   #5882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Rooted the S2 and using Check's Dark Knight Edition V3 for the past 2 days,everything working fine and the battery life has improved from the stock rom.
It's a fantastic Rom and themes look great however it's still not as stable as others, there are some FC happening using some apps. V4 is under testing and will be released soon.

Best Rom for battery life has been litening Rom.
Old 20th September 2011, 15:56   #5883
BHPian

^^ Yeah it is a good rom,super smooth till now have not faced any FC.
Old 20th September 2011, 16:37   #5884
Senior - BHPian

@SGS2 guys

I am on Batista rom coming from LR. I can say the rom is as smooth as LR and has better fonts, better look and feel and better features.

Battery life looks amazing and comparable if not better to LR

7 hrs usage with GPRS, PUSH mail and Facebook sync with 30 minutes music and 39% Voice calls for this duration.

I am at 81% at 7 hours usage. That is like 19% for 7 hours which is just fantastic.

The Batista rom as a whole feels far more pleasing in looks, themes and handling. Comes loaded with Chainfire 3D, CWM, Daeom con, DSPManager, EDT tweaks, SUper user, Tit Back up, Theme adjustments with adjustable power button option, Meta morph.

I am going to stick to Batista for a while.

Things not working include call recording. For somereason though the rom says call recording is available, i am unable to use the same.

+1 for having an option to remove noise reduction which has improved voice calls for the reciever.

I say Batista is far more favorable and useful rom compared to LR. Feature list is huge.

And i loaded the rom with 2.1.3 Ninph over 2.1.2, and then now on Ragemod U1
Old 20th September 2011, 22:49   #5885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible
Just received the SGP Glass shield and Neo Hybrid case for GS2 that I had ordered couple of days back. Sharing some pics
Very nice!

How do both of them feel in hand? Any difficulty in applying the glas?

Is there any flex or ungainly gaps in the whole package?
Old 20th September 2011, 23:06   #5886
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this thread has been hijacked by Galaxy S2.

Would it not be better to have a separate thread for S2 and leave this one for Android in general. Just a thought/suggestion.
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 23:38   #5887
Senior - BHPian

bluengel. answered multiple times just google.

You need to root and install 2ndinit like mentioned here: Motorola Defy Ownership | FreeRiding

even for the ms2ginger (a very nice ROM except some little stupid gaps)
Old 21st September 2011, 12:43   #5888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Very nice!

How do both of them feel in hand? Any difficulty in applying the glas?

Is there any flex or ungainly gaps in the whole package?
Its an excellent case, feels pretty solid in hand. Protects both the power and volume button. Both glass and case has added just tiny little weight to the phone which makes it good to hold. Glass shield is the best part it maintains that transparency keeping that Amoled plus screen still shine unlike some scratch gaurds. Glass has a slight anti glare effect and cleans up faster than on the gorilla glass. However fitting the glass still needs steady hand. It wasn't easy, I landed fitting the glass half a mm towards the right. Some have also complained about back button not working sometimes, I haven't faced this issue yet. Also screen sensitivity have been an issue but as long as you have a rooted device this wouldn't be an issue. Have tried it various kernal, it works the best with Ninphetamine 2.1.3, Ragemod kernal.

Sharing some detail pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-p1010550.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-p1010847.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-p1010852.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st September 2011, 13:56   #5889
BHPian

Guys,

Is there an Android dual sim (GSM+GSM) phone in the market? the Motorola XT800 is a GSM+CDMA phone is not suitable for my requirement. Any other model that you guys are aware of?

Prajwal

Note: I just found Spice MI-270. How is the review of that phone?

Last edited by prajwalkashyap : 21st September 2011 at 14:16.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:19   #5890
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have a wierd problem on my galaxy i9003. I have selected the option that allows the phone to vibrate always. But the vibration works on everything except incoming calls and sms. Earlier today I missed a lot of imp. calls as the phone was on Silent mode and it didnot vibrate. Have attached the screen shot of the same.

I am using the phone as I got it from the store. STOCK. No rooting or flashing done. I really want to update to 2.3 but not confident so left it as it is. Any guidance to that will be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 21st September 2011 at 16:20.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:52   #5891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I have a wierd problem on my galaxy i9003. I have selected the option that allows the phone to vibrate always. But the vibration works on everything except incoming calls and sms. Earlier today I missed a lot of imp. calls as the phone was on Silent mode and it didnot vibrate. Have attached the screen shot of the same.

I am using the phone as I got it from the store. STOCK. No rooting or flashing done. I really want to update to 2.3 but not confident so left it as it is. Any guidance to that will be much appreciated.
I have Mute mode and a silent mode. In Muted mode, the phone doesn't even vibrate, but in silent mode it vibrates, which mode did you put the phone in?
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:18   #5892
BHPian

Is it just me or does Airtel's 3G really suck? Everytime i turn the damn 3G on (i have a Defy), i never get 3G speeds. In fact im getting WORSE than EDGE!.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:51   #5893
Senior - BHPian

I think you are still not in vibrate mode. The vibrate mode will enable a symbol on top in the status bar.

Can you just reduce the volume to minimum when the phone vibrates to indicate vibrate mode.
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:10   #5894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Is it just me or does Airtel's 3G really suck? Everytime i turn the damn 3G on (i have a Defy), i never get 3G speeds. In fact im getting WORSE than EDGE!.
Could be just you. On my Defy I get very good speed on Airtel 3G in Bangalore and Manipal. These are the tests run on different days in either of the places. That 5.3Mbps result was in Cunningham road.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-snap20110922_200626.png
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:05   #5895
Senior - BHPian

is Shootme pulled out from market? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any other screenshot app that actually works? I downloaded screenshot app but it didn't work.

Yesterday my Galaxy S did a marathon battery run of 2 days and 4 hours with regular usage of 24 hours wifi/3g, games and calls and some 25% remaining. Wanted to post a screenshot of same but didn't find any suitable app to do so.

Also, is there an app which determines when to switch off and on wifi on base of location? Eg. If i move out of my home, i would like it to auto switch off and when i arrive at work, it should turn on.

Any app for that?

In recent gingerbread release, there is no Silent option in notification bar and also no 3g switch off option on power button press. Any chance to get those back?

Sorry for so many questions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks